A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas (for quick to crochet items)  (Read 765 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fancycrafter
« on: May 04, 2013 03:53:58 PM »

I would like to make some crochet items to sell at a town wide yard sale that is coming up at the end of this month. Short notice I know, but I just thought of this. What are some quick and easy things to make and sell? Something that doesn't take too much yarn and is really quick to crochet that people would actually buy? I am thinking maybe coffee cup cozies, but not sure if those would sell too well and not sure what else I could crochet to sell. Any ideas would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013 03:30:09 PM by pinkleo - Reason: more descriptive title » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013 04:59:07 PM »

Water bottle holders!  I'm making them for my DDs' teachers as an end of the year gift this year.  They work up quickly and you could probably make a good profit on them if you use a coupon to buy the yarn with.  I use cotton yarn to make them and it takes approx. a bit over half a skein to make them.

I've also bought the six pack of water at Dollar Tree, along with the dollar packages that have the individual flavored drink mixes in them (10 in a package).  You could easily buy the water and the flavored mix, and include them with the water bottle holder for even more profit (esp. if it was a hot day!  Wink)

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
spikefan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013 06:41:12 PM »

How about cotton face scrubbies, dish scrubbies, fun themed coasters, holiday garland, bracelets, play food, or mini animal amigurumis
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013 12:26:25 PM »

You could buy a bunch of ponytail holders and crochet a pretty pattern around them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancycrafter
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013 03:31:41 PM »

Thanks for the ideas. I found some easy patterns for a coffee cup cozy, a mug cozy, and a water bottle holder and am making 10 of each. Got almost all of them done, just a few mug cozies and water bottle holders left to do. If I have any yarn left I will make some of the ponytail holders.
I just might use the idea of scrubbies, coasters, garland, bracelets, and small amigurumi animals for an etsy shop. Thinking about maybe doing that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Sriracha Side Dish with Bok Choy
A Tasty Sashimi Tuna Tostada Appetizer
How to Make Homemade Sushi
5 Traditional Dishes for the Chinese New Year
How to Make Traditional Chinese Dumplings
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...