A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 147016 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

docnessie
« Reply #1140 on: August 20, 2013 04:30:24 AM »

I love those star wars onesies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1141 on: August 20, 2013 03:14:21 PM »

Eiseldora - wow, your dyed items turned out so awesome!  Thanks for sharing that process.  Great buttons, too!  I love the Adventure Time ones.

silentblair - what cute headphones!  Your tshirts and napkins also turned out great...I really like that wizard fabric!

Calabaza - awesome!  Now I need to add huck weaving to my list, too!  Cheesy  Your mug rug and pillow cover are also very cute.  I've been trying out the decorative stitches on my machine, too!  Fun!

lilyla19 - go team!  That scarf will definitely keep you warm!  It is a very pretty color, too.

docnessie - great drawings, and your sound waves sign is so awesome!  Your cameos and GoT tin are also very cool.

jillybeans - aw, what cute little onesies!  That is a ton of corker ribbons...you're going to have some pretty stylish little girlies on your hands! 

Tanath - your cord turned out great!  I haven't tried kumihimo with yarn before...it looks like it works well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilyla19
« Reply #1142 on: August 21, 2013 03:06:15 AM »

I have actually finished another project, but I think it kinda failed miserably by attaching messy eyes... and I don't know if I should turn it in..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #1143 on: August 21, 2013 04:52:44 AM »

I have actually finished another project, but I think it kinda failed miserably by attaching messy eyes... and I don't know if I should turn it in..

I say turn it in...you already put in the effort!  If nothing else, it can be a good learning experience.  Cheesy  That's how I think of a lot of my projects...including the one below.  Grin

Challenge/Battle/Alert:  August Fandom
Team/Ninja:  Commercial Free All-Stars
Project Geekdom (if any):  Whimsy, embroidery, love/romance
Bonus Points:  Discovery, Nerdy
Project Name:  Whimsy hoop
Brief Description:  erica_tattoos and I did a personal whimsy swap last year and she used some of her loot to make an AWESOME hoopla for QueenNinjaMonkey in the Embroidery Swap R9.  Ive wanted one ever since!  I couldnt decide what to do for the center, but I had a few letters in my whimsy stash, so I kept it simple and made an anniversary hoop for my S/O (just a little late Tongue).  It didnt turn out quite as cute as I hoped, and I thought Id be able to fit a lot more whimsy, but I chose a smaller hoop at the last minute.  It also took many more hours than I expected.  Its kinda weird and neat though, and now I know what not to do if I make another.  Cheesy

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #1144 on: August 21, 2013 07:50:18 AM »

Oh, LM, I LOVE it! It reminds me of chalk on asphalt with an audience of little toys and trinkets admiring the work.

Tanath, great cord braiding!

Cool buttons, docnessie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #1145 on: August 21, 2013 09:49:04 AM »

lilyla, also I say turn in your fail; I turned in mine!  Smiley

I like that hoop, LovelyMiss.  You fit all the whimsies together so neatly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
Tanath
« Reply #1146 on: August 21, 2013 01:31:31 PM »

docnessie - glow in the dark goes perfectly with spooky trees Smiley
LovelyMiss - I used yarn because that's what I had at home. Also, it's thin so it fits well in the slits in my high-tech cereal box cardboard disc. Your whimsy hoop is fun, I think it has the right balance of busy and negative space, it's very nice to look at.
Calabaza - Thanks Smiley and you're description of LM's hoop makes perfect sense to me.

Now I'm off to bed. Have a day off tomorrow, and there is at least a bit of time scheduled for crafting on my huge to do list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
lilyla19
« Reply #1147 on: August 21, 2013 11:43:21 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: August Randomizer: Alternate Reality
Team/Ninja: Commercial free all star!
Project Geekdom (if any): TV / Movie / Monster
Bonus Points: Nerdy, Super Nerdy
Project Name: Dirty Little Minions
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Well, I was watching TV, and saw a commercial about Minions the Movie 2 ... and I want to make one. They are so cute little monsters that use banana language. Fun!
So I decided to crochet a mini minion.

But I can't find so many things... black felt for the eyes, grey yarn for the glasses or my crafting glue.

So I decide to go with whatever I find.... I actually use my black nail polish for the eyes and silver glittery nail art polish (the type with tiny little sharp brush). And it dried so slow I messed it up a bit.

And the horror goes on when I can't find my crafting glue to stick the eyes on... I have to use elephant glue.

It kinda melts the nail polishes all over and sticks to my fingers.

Last, I don't really know the above.. when I tried to sew the mouth and the black polish stains so my minion has a big black pimple above his mouth.

By the way, can I claim my discovery point by learning not to use elephant glue with nail polish?

Oh and I actually want to use him as a keychain but can't find any keyrings in my stash. Nowhere to be found.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #1148 on: August 22, 2013 05:49:12 AM »

He's still cute, in spite of his "flaws"!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1149 on: August 22, 2013 06:04:01 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: July Randomizer
Team/Ninja: Team Mystery Lovers
Project Geekdom (if any): none
Bonus Points: discovery
Project Name: Northwestern Art hoopla
Brief Description: I made this in a swap and now that she has received, I can post!  This is a nod to my Aboriginal American anscestry (although mine were from the east coast rather than the west  Wink)  It is based on the art of Phillip Martin.  I love the Raven in mythology stories, and since my partner is originally from the Northwest and enjoys this kind of art I thought I would make this for her.  It is hand painted onto the fabric and embroidered.  I hadn't done this method before, and I learned to use images that do not have tiny little parts.  Tongue
Project Picture:

Challenge/Battle/Alert: August Randomizer
Team/Ninja: Team Mystery Lovers
Project Geekdom (if any): none
Bonus Points: nerdy
Project Name: Ugly Dino Christmas sweater
Brief Description: Made for a swap - this is really not my personal style although I do think it is hilarious!!  I dunno... I might wear it...!  My partner had this pinned as something she really wanted, although the pinned version was a regular sweatshirt and she said she was more of a hoodie girl (me too!), so I made it for her.  I think it might fall into the science geekdom - the t-rexes are certainly the focal point!  Grin
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013 07:44:44 AM by bunny1kenobi - Reason: coz Ludi thinks I deserve nerdy points for the dinos - hey I'll take 'em! :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 29/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 26/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 20/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 2/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 21/30
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...