A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 141415 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #960 on: July 30, 2013 11:37:34 AM »

And while I'm here and being productive I'll propose my research project.

Project Name:  Do you know the way?
Team/Ninja: Ninja (Whedonverse)
Brief Description:  I have always been inspired by road signs that tell the way to fictional places.  For my advanced studies project I will study both classic and modern science fiction and fantasy books, films and television and create a piece of art for my garden showing the way to many different fictional locations.  I plan on this project taking about 5 weeks with a proposed completion date of August 30 (right in time for the end of the nerd games).  Week 1 - I will research muggle fairy tails and choose the locations I will be using.  Week 2 -  I will design each sign with paper and pencil.  Week 3 - Purchasing and prepping my supplies.  Weeks 4 & 5 - Painting and sealing the signs and completing the project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #961 on: July 30, 2013 05:29:48 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Wordy
Team/Ninja: Team Dystopia
Project Geekdom: Tiny Houses (not sure if that counts, but I totally geek out over tiny houses Wink)
Bonus Points: Discovery (first shadowbox)
Project Name: "Our First Home" Shadowbox
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426034.0#axzz2aZuehlaf
Brief Description: Every time I read the description for this challenge, I kept thinking of "The Secret Garden," but wasnt sure what I could do with it. I thought of what intrigued me most about the book...her finding the key...the mysterious manor...the key...and then I remembered I had been saving this key to make this project for a while! Just the boost I needed to get it finished. Wink You can read more about it at the link.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #962 on: July 30, 2013 05:55:48 PM »

Cute home! Totally agree that mysterious manors and keys are intriguing  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #963 on: July 31, 2013 03:14:29 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: July Challenge
Team/Ninja: Team Of Ships and Men
Project Geekdom: X Men
Bonus Points: Discovery, Nerdy, Super Nerdy,
Project Name: Baby Xmen
Brief Description: Inspired by the XMen First Class Flight Suit  I tried to make a baby onsie. Sadly my black die didn't cooperate Sad.  I started out by dieing the onsie yellow, then I made a x symbol stencil and using black screen printed that design on the onsie. Lastly I drapped the onsie over a bucket of black die to create a hopefully crisp black line on the sleeves and side, however it ened up a grey so you can only see the line in person really.

Project Picture:

Inspiration
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #964 on: July 31, 2013 09:25:20 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Randomizer - Zombies Ate My Brain

Team:  The Team that goes Bump in the Night

Project Geekdom:  Dark Fantasists - Mervyn Peake

Bonus Points: Nerdy, Super Nerdy

Project Name:  Portrait of the Artist as a Poet

Project thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426066.0#axzz2admtoq6L

Brief Description:  As a sculptor, my go-to medium is clay.  This project wasnt exactly a no-brainer, because portraits are a challenge.  This is one Ive been meaning to do for a few years; I meant to have it done for Peakes centenary in 2011, but being the slowest artist on the planet, I procrastinated.  As it is I consider this only a sketch and hope to either do another finished version, or what is more likely, continue to refine this one and have it digitally scanned and printed.  I probably cant afford to mold and cast it, unfortunately.

Mervyn Peake is best known as the author of the Gormenghast novels, but was also an illustrator, a painter, and a poet.  I wanted to depict him as a Poet, and was heavily influenced by his self-portraits.  He has been the largest influence on my creative life.  Smiley

His website:  http://www.mervynpeake.org/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #965 on: July 31, 2013 09:36:02 AM »

Holy crap, Ludi-- is there anything you CAN'T do?  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #966 on: July 31, 2013 11:19:40 AM »

Cheesy  There's a LOT I can't do, bunny!   Cheesy  All those Craftster categories I never post in....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #967 on: July 31, 2013 04:36:21 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: July Battle (Marvel)
Team:  S&M
Project Geekdom: Super... I can't remember if he's a hero or a villain.  Wow, so not my forte!
Bonus Points: None
Project Name:  Diller!
Brief Description:  Comics are not my thing, and I admit I went to the list of characters and just read them until something stood out.  Originally I was going to do a set of bat juggling balls, but didn't have the time/energy to design a pattern right now.  And then I saw "Armadillo", and remembered a pattern that I've had pinned for a very long time.  The actual character is a little more yellow/orange, but I worked with the scrap yarns I had.

And I have to say, half-way through this pattern I almost didn't finish it.  I didn't like it, thought it wasn't working out well at ALL, but time was short and I pressed on, and I'm glad I did.  It wasn't until I put the legs on that he looked "right", and now I think he'd pretty darn cute.

Picture:

(if anyone is curious, the pattern is here: http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/100355-arty-the-armadillo/#entry1745413)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silentblair

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 31, 2013 07:10:57 PM »

Ludi, that is some excellent work! I just may have a new craftster crush to add to my list.  Cool

The little armadillo is the cutest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #969 on: July 31, 2013 07:47:09 PM »

Ludi, you continue to astonish and amaze... impressed, once again!

And, go Smeddley (Team S&M Rocks!)

Battle: July- Marvel vs DC- Marvel!!
Team: Team S & M
Project Geekdom (if any): Superheroes!
Bonus Points: Nerdy, Discovery (even though I've made stenciled shirts before, I learned how to easily trace images using the Silhouette software, saving myself hours of image correcting using MS Paint)
Project Name: The Avengers T-shirt
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: As much as I wanted to put some sort of Incredible Hulk image on my bright green cast, I wasn't sure I could pull it off, so I went the safer route and did yet another t-shirt. This design (and the images) were completely copied (images provided on the blog with consent to copy) from the blog "I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar." I imported the images into the Silhouette software and, after reading a hint on the IAMHMR blog about adjusting the threshold, I went in search of information and came across a series of videos on YouTube called "Tracing Without Tears," which explained, very cleary, what adjusting the threshold does. I'll be watching the whole series of videos... so be prepared for more shirts Smiley

Project Picture:

Front View (Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Iron Man):

Back View (Avengers Logo):

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...