A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 146824 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ysmeine
« Reply #690 on: June 30, 2013 04:50:03 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: textbook, light waves
Team/Ninja: ninja
Project Geekdom (if any): Dr Who
Bonus Points: nerdy
Project Name: Tardis lights strand
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I decided to go with light waves with this challenge. I had an existing light strand and made mini tardis' for it. I decided to keep it simple, I placed rice paper behind windows and hung a blank sign.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stefaniegk
« Reply #691 on: June 30, 2013 06:10:41 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June: Horror vs. Romance
Team/Ninja: Commercial Free All-Stars
Project Geekdom: TV
Bonus Points: Engineering, Nerdy Super Bonus (Doctor Who, Burn Notice, Once Upon A Time, Psych)
Project Name: Romance Quote Notecards

Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425059.0#axzz2XkDX37j2

Brief Description: Using quotes from some of the most romantic moments of my favorite shows/couples, I made notecards.

Materials Used: Ivory 5.25 x 7.25 notecards from JoAnns (owned), printer, computer

Project Picture:

Quotes:

River: There has to be another way. Use the TARDIS, use something. Save her, yes. But for God's sake, be sensible! {she goes to slap him and he stops her} How are you even doing that? I'm not really here. 

The Doctor: You're always here to me. And I always listen. And I can always see you.

River: Then why didn't you speak to me? 

The Doctor: Because I thought it would hurt too much.

River: I believe I could have coped.

The Doctor: No. I thought it would hurt me. And I was right. {he kisses her} Since nobody else in this room can see you, God knows how that looked. There is a time to live and a time to sleep. You are an echo, River. Like Clara, like all of this. In the end, my fault, I know. But you should have faded by now.

River: It's hard to leave when you haven't said goodbye. 

The Doctor: Then tell me, because I don't know. How do I say it?

River: There's only one way I would accept. If you ever loved me, say it like you're going to come back.

The Doctor: Well then. See you around, Professor River Song.

River: 'Til the next time, Doctor.

The Doctor: Don't wait up.

River: Oh there's one more thing.

The Doctor: isn't there always.

River: I was mentally linked with Clara. If she's really dead then how can I still be here.

The Doctor: Okay, How?

River: Spoilers. Goodbye. Sweetie.
~Doctor Who: The Name of the Doctor s7:13

Shawn: Can I just say what I what I came here to say, please. I have a motorcycle.
Juliet: Yes, you do
Shawn: Yes, I do. And you know what? It isit is the purest form of freedom that I have ever experienced. You zip through traffic, you park anywhere, you never have to take anyone to the airport, you certainly dont have to help anyone move. Easily the best purchase Ive ever made in my life, and I have never regretted it, not for one second.
Juliet: Great. You love your motorcycle. Is there a point to this?
Shawn: Yeah, yeah there is a point. The point is since I met you, IveIve been thinking about getting a car.
Juliet: And youre not thinking somethingpractical orsensible
Shawn: Oh noIm not throwing in the towel all together.
~Psych: Extradition II: The Actual Extradition Part s5:10

In my time working for the state government, my job sent me to 46 cities in 11 years. I lived in villages with 8 people, rural farming communities, college towns. I was sent to every corner of Indiana and then I came here and I realized that this whole time I was just wondering around everywhere just looking for you. -Ben
Okay, well the first draft of my vows which I wrote the day after we got engaged clocked in at around 70 pages but I, I don't have them with me today.  Maybe there's a copy of them in my office. (that's fine, that's fine I think we can just keep going.)  Okay, here's what I'll say then. The things that you have done for me to help me, support me, surprise me, to make me happy, go above and beyond what any person deserves, you're all I need and I love you and I like you. -Leslie
I love you and I like you. -Ben
~Parks and Recreation, Leslie and Ben s5:14

Fiona: I belong out there with him, for better or worse.
Jesse: It will probably be "for worse"
Fiona: I knew that moment I met him, good-bye Jesse.
~Burn Notice: Last Stand s4: 18

Fiona is not my past.-Michael
~Burn Notice: Long Way Back s3.9

Snow White: You. You found me.
Prince Charming: Did you ever doubt I would?
Snow White: Truthfully, the glass coffin gave me pause.
Prince Charming: You never have to worry. I will always find you.
Snow White: Do you promise?
Prince Charming: I do.
~Once Upon A Time: Pilot s1:1
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013 06:35:45 PM by stefaniegk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
stefaniegk
« Reply #692 on: June 30, 2013 06:34:55 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June, Multimedia: Disco
Team/Ninja: Commercial Free All-Stars
Project Geekdom: TV
Bonus Points: Nerdy Super Bonus (Doctor Who)
Project Name: Adi Crochet Pattern

Brief Description: I am hosting a little visitor this summer named A.D. I decided to make him a girl and Adi was born. I used a sparkly yarn for her.  Check out their adventures on http://littlevisitors.tumblr.com

Materials Used: 4.25 hook (owned), Lions Brand Vannas Choice Glamour Yarn in Diamond (bought), Lions Brand Bonbons Celebrate Pack Dark Blue (owned), Fiberfill (owned), small gold safety pin (bought), Darice Shank Back Eyes 9mm (bought), black embroidery thread, yarn and embroidery needles (owned)

Project Picture:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013 03:58:28 PM by stefaniegk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stefaniegk
« Reply #693 on: June 30, 2013 07:01:00 PM »

Smeddley: the drop squeezes are awesome. I love the dragon's haiku. The heart is the best.

smileyyogini: the stamp is neat, amazing needlecraft, love the hoopla

bakeneko: the bookmark is great, love discworld, the lanterns are beautiful

naantje: the wedding ring frame is amazing

ohiodiygirl: love, love the owl. Great first time painting without tracing the outline.

roke45: awesome drawing

chuckiegirl: great music notes, it looks wonderful

jennieingram: love the necklace and earrings and the fact that it's Doctor Who and the quote from Craig Ferguson. Great Project. What a shrine, that is amazing.

ysmeine: the Tardis lights are awesome

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #694 on: June 30, 2013 07:55:21 PM »

Nothing like a last minute entry!

Challenge: June- Horror
Team/Ninja: Team S & M (Science & Math)
Project Geekdom (if any): Real World Science
Bonus Points: Super Nerdy
Project Name: Nightmare on a T-shirt
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: I used to think that I had a fear of heights, but what I really have is a fear of falling from a height. I also have a fear of moving water- it's a very powerful force and I am not a strong swimmer! So, one of my nightmares is to be standing near the edge of a cliff and having it collapse, dropping me into the water below. This fits real world science because the cliff most likely collapsed due to the processes of weathering and erosion. Also, it fits into technology because communication technology involves the use of symbols to convey a message (in this case "unstable cliff edge" or "Cindy... keep back!"). The image was taken from a safety sign, cropped, cleaned up (in MS Paint) and cut with my Silhouette, using flocked iron on vinyl. It is fairly pixelated because the original image was pretty small, and it became pixelated when I enlarged it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
felicitybaby
« Reply #695 on: June 30, 2013 07:59:32 PM »

Am I the only one who read Labyrinth the book? Anyway, this was such a huge part of my childhood, I both watched the movie and read the book several times.

Labyrinth was my childhood and I still have my well-loved book.  I'm so glad my mom saved it for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidpineapple
« Reply #696 on: June 30, 2013 08:12:15 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June: Horror vs. Romance 
Romance!
Team:Fantasy
Project Name: Romantic Wrap Shirt

Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425059.0#axzz2XkDX37j2

Brief Description: I tried out an old pattern from the 1970's.  A wrap shirt.  Made it in fluttery fabric and trimmed with lace and crochet ribbon.  The pattern was horrible.  Far too short I had to add 6" all around and the darn thing does not stay closed at the sides, showing my bra constantly.  I might try adding snaps or something if I decide I want to bother to keep it.

Materials Used: Pattern and fabric, lace and ribbon

THIS ROCKS   Logged

felicitybaby
« Reply #697 on: June 30, 2013 08:18:19 PM »

Project Name:  Hogwarts Fundraiser Cookbook Research Project
Team/Geekdom: Team who must not be named
Project Geekdom (if any): Harry Potter
Bonus Points: Super Nerdy
Brief Description: The Hogwart's Prefect Association has put together this cookbook to raise funds for their annual field trip to Disneyland!  Each house was in charge of a different section of the book:  Gryffindors did main dishes, Hufflepuffs did side dishes, Ravenclaw did soups and salads and Slytherin did desserts.
I used all my favorite recipes which didn't turn out to be as many as I thought ( I wanted to make a bigger book but didn't want to use recipes I hadn't actually tried out)  I had a hard time figuring out the print layout and had to re-do it several times to get all the pages printed front and back so that all the pages would be in order when I folded them in half.  I sewed the binding and made a cover using my scrapbooking supplies.
Project Pictures:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #698 on: June 30, 2013 08:20:38 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Battle Royale (Romance)
Team/Ninja:  Commercial Free All-Stars
Project Geekdom:  Robots
Bonus Points: Discovery, Nerdy
Project Name: Love bot
Brief Description:  My s/o and I have an anniversary coming up and I wanted to do something silly to hold his gift.  I covered a leftover box with silver tissue paper and cardstock and made a little Love Bot out of random stuff from my stash, including jingle bell neck bolts and heart bead antennas.  I kept the hinge on the box, so his back opens to reveal presents!  Granted, it looks like it was made by a kindergartner, but it makes me laugh, so I think it works.  Cheesy  It was my first time making a project like this, and surprisingly, also my first time using glitter acrylic paint.  How did I get by so long without it?

Project Picture:

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013 05:18:26 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PrettyPenguin
« Reply #699 on: June 30, 2013 08:31:37 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Battle Royale - Romance
Team/Ninja: Of Ships & Men
Project Geekdom (if any): Disney
Bonus Points: Nerdy
Project Name: Paper Plane Necklace
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: Last-minute battle royale submission again! Yay! This necklace was inspired by Disney's animated short, Paperman, which is the current Oscar winner for best short film. The short depicts a man and a woman who meet on their morning commute, but go their separate ways. The man happens to notice the woman in a building across the street, and folds hundreds of paper planes to try to get her attention. It's all in black and white, except for the woman's lips and lipstick, which are red - which is why I chose a grey and red swarovski heart to go with the paper plane charm. The paper plane charm I painted the lipstick print on with red enamel. This was a pretty fast and easy project.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Dramatic Coloring Effects in Photoshop
Photoshop Video Tutorial: Chroma Keying
How to Scrapbook with Corel Painter Essentials 4
Corel Painter Essentials 4 - Rob McDonald
Photoshop Tutorial - Pixel Stretching NewDarkRoom
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...