A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 146773 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #620 on: June 26, 2013 11:08:54 AM »

yeah, I wanna see pics of the flamingo costume too!   Cheesy

And I CANNOT WAIT to see that time traveler costume!!!!  LOVE steampunk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #621 on: June 26, 2013 05:16:48 PM »

Challenge: June Fandom
Team-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
Project Geekdom : none
Bonus Points: DB
Project Name: To Sew, To Live
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424999.0#axzz2XY5nJRui
Brief Description: These all are my first go around with shrines; it is filled with little details.  A shrine to sewers who take that craft to their heart.  May the crafty gods smile upon you!  (made as a gift for one talented sewing artist, my crafty BFF, jennie, who agreed to go on a shrine crafty adventure with me...thank you jennie Kiss)
Project Picture:

Challenge: June Wordy
Project Geekdom : Harry Potter
Bonus Points: SNB
Project Name: True Blue Gryffindor
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424998.0#axzz2XY6yHjxN
Brief Description: Inspired by not only Harry Potter but also Wizard of Oz (one of my fave books as a child...and now).  For dear jennie, who is a true blue Gryffindor! Kiss
Project Picture:

so you can see depth...reflective surfaces are not my friend Tongue

Challenge: June Multimedia
Project Geekdom : Fantasy
Bonus Points: NB
Project Name: For in dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own.
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424996.0#axzz2XY6yHjxN
Brief Description: Blue and has feathers, this Dream Shrine is to celebrate one's imagination and reminds one to dream.
Project Picture:

so you can perhaps see the sparkle better

Challenge: May Randomizer
Project Geekdom : none
Bonus Points: none
Project Name: Moon Shrine
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424997.0#axzz2XY6yHjxN
Brief Description: I created this with a variety of items I reused...a repurposed frame, twigs scavenged from my yard, a bit of ivy my mom was throwing out, and a sad bit of leftover clay I found in my art closet....in fact, I bought nothing to create this shrine....which was pretty amazing....I wonder what else I can find?
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013 02:39:14 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #622 on: June 26, 2013 05:46:02 PM »

Those are all fantastic, pinkleo!  I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #623 on: June 27, 2013 12:19:32 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Fandom
Team/Ninja: Team Control Freaks
Project Geekdom: video games
Bonus Points: super nerdy, engineering (I made this from a pattern maker rather than my usual MS Paint patterns)
Project Name: Scorpion
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424955.0#axzz2XOOP8Rle
Brief Description: this was made using the largest number of thread colors I've ever worked with (14) and it the most detailed cross stitch item I have EVER made.  and it'll probably be the last detailed cross stitch I ever do.  Cheesy
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Eiseldora
« Reply #624 on: June 27, 2013 12:58:50 AM »

CHALLENGE: Fandom
Team of Ships and Men
Project Geekdom: Firefly
Bonus: Nerdy, Super Nerdy, Discovery
Project Name: Browncoat Illusion
Project Page On Ravelry
Brief Description: When I read the prompt I knew I wanted to try a knitting technique I've wanted to do for a while. In knitting there is series of designs that create an illusion when looked at at a 45 degree or smaller angle. When you look at it straight on it just looks like stripes. I tried it before and couldn't keep track of where the stitches should be, so I've had this pattern in my queue for over a year.

The pattern is the logo for the Browncoats. The political affiliation of the main characters of the awesome TV show Firefly.

Straight on

At an angle

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013 06:36:11 AM by pinkleo - Reason: fix imgs » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #625 on: June 27, 2013 05:06:12 AM »

Oh my gosh, so many awesome projects!  I have some catching up to do...sorry for the novel, but you guys are just too amazing.  Grin

silentblair - I love your calrissian journal page and the Mike Wazowski disco ball made me crack up!  I hope your hand heals up quickly!  Surprisingly (or not), I've been taken down by grocery bags in the past, too!

Naantje - what great cards and a beautful necklace...wonderful ways to keep your grandma's spirit alive.

Ludi - all of your projects give me pause to marvel in your awesomeness!

Chuckiegirl - that embroidery is wonderful.  I was obsessed with the movie when I was a kid (though I read the book, too, but not until I was much older).

lightninglisa - that skirt is so pretty!  That was a great fabric choice.  And Draculaura's cowl and eyeball bows!  Too cute.

FiberAlchemist - You can't go wrong with Doctor Who!  And the yarn you used on that scarf is really beautiful.  Those iron man gloves are very cool, too, not to mention the Gorey hoop.  What an awesome set of projects!

gozer - the sparkly background on your mermaid shadow box just calls to me like a siren!

patty_o_furniture - those are some awesome beads!  I don't know how you guys manage with poly clay...I've tried so hard, it just confounds me every time!  I also loved looking at your Twilight bracelet and remembering all of the parts of the books that the charms related to...so neat!

smileyyogini - I really like the pattern you used on your dish cloths...the border really makes them stand apart from all the boring ones we have around here!  I'm super excited to see your research project, too!  

Ezri_B - homemade mints?!  That's too cool, and the box is great!

SharieFairy - your cat food label and description made me laugh out loud!  I love it.

FreakieGeekie - great bracelet!  I've been holding out watching The Walking Dead because I like to binge on shows and have no tolerance for season breaks...the more projects I see on here the harder it gets to resist!  I like your Little Rabbit artwork and haiku, too!

bunny1kenobi - that box is so awesome!  And so is your haiku.  Cheesy

Calabaza - your monster pins turned out so cool!

noodle-bug - that card is so neat!  I really love that embroidery technique you used...I'm definitely going to try it in the future.

pottermouth - I love everything about that coin purse!

Ant Bee - your sorting hat square looks so neat...I bet it's extra awesome in person!

ohiodiygirl - your skirt turned out great! And OMG, that Doctor Who scarf!  Plus your portraits...too cool, lady!

pinkleo - what a sweet little baby beanie!  And those shrines are quite simply beautiful!

Krafty_Karasu - holy cow, that cross stitch is insane!  28 count Hardanger cloth?!  Just wow!

Eiseldora - that is so cool!  What a neat illusion...and I love Firefly, so extra sweet!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013 05:08:05 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #626 on: June 27, 2013 05:31:10 AM »

*blush*  Thank you Lovely Miss!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
Naantje
« Reply #627 on: June 27, 2013 05:58:24 AM »

LovelyMiss, you really are lovely to take the time to comment on everybody's crafts! I like it that so many people do Smiley I'd actually like to do a bit more commenting myself, but I have been really bad keeping that up. Perhaps when I've managed to shorten my to do list even more!

Two weeks ago, I decided to write it all down in four categories and that came to 68 items, of which I already crossed of 24. On the other hand, I already added 17 more things to the lists, of which I crossed of 4. A to-do list of 85 items long, 28 executed, 6 delegated to other people, 51 still to go!  Undecided I'm using crafting as a reward for tackling points and trimming the to-do list. Yes, I know what my 10-years-of-craftster entry will be. "To me, craftster is a stimulus to stay creative and craft away the stress. Here is a project that's helped keep me sane!"  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #628 on: June 27, 2013 07:29:46 AM »

Wow, this arena is amazing!  That scarf is so cool!!!  I am NOT that gifted, and I'm so impressed!!

The cross stitch - what patience! teeny tiny stitches....I think I might have gone blind had I attempted that....  Wink

AMAZING shrines, pinkleo!  I especially love the little dude hugging that sewing machine for dear life!  Awesome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #629 on: June 27, 2013 08:20:45 AM »

I think we should copy and paste all of the comments made by LovelyMiss! Grin

so many great projects!

pinkleo--your shrines are fantastic...I really love the one you made for the May Randomizer!  I am a fan of using up what we have in interesting ways!

krafty--your cross stitch is very nice--bet it took a lot of patience, especially in those solid areas!

eiseldora--lovely scarf! I have never tried that kind of knitting!  It must be maddening to keep track of the stitches, but so critical to the finished project!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Rainbow Roll
How to Make a Dragon Sushi Roll
How to Make Vegan Sushi
How to Make Traditional Indian Paneer
Meet Sushi Expert Mamie Nishide
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...