A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 137260 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #610 on: June 25, 2013 06:58:39 PM »

--Nerd Games Alert--
--Ends August 13, 2013--

Craftster is turning 10!! That's right, August marks 10 years of running with scissors all over the internet! In honor of this momentous time, Craftster is hosting a cross-category challenge! Every category will have the same challenge with the same entry times.  The 10 category winners with the most votes will be put head-to-head-to-head-to... you get it.... for a GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE!!! 

The Summer Nerd Games is extremely grateful for Craftster allowing us a place to gather and share our creations.  To celebrate such a wondrous place, we are offering a badge and game points to any player who enters this Anniversary Challenge.

Use your mad crafty skills to create something for Craftster's Anniversary Challenge.  You can enter in any category.  You do need to add a link to your challenge entry to complete this task.  To enter, head over Craftser Category Challenges.  Then, click which board your project fits into; there will be a thread for the Anniversary Challenge in that board.  Once you complete this challenge, you may snag your Craftster Love Badge.  I can't wait to see what y'all whip up for this special occasion.

--Craftster Love Badge--

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to showoff your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  Can't find a badge?  Head to the Badge Center located on the first page, sixth post of this thread.

--Official Challenge Rules and Guidelines--
The theme for this challenge is "What Craftster means to me." Now, don't be scared of this theme! Craftster is made by YOU, Craftster can mean different things to different people so whatever it means to you, that's great!! Still unsure it's as easy as I say? Here's some examples that are just the tip of the iceberg!

• "To me, Craftster means trying new things! Here's a project featuring a technique I've never tried before!"
  • "To me, Craftster means tutorials! Here's a project I made from a tutorial I found on the boards."
  • "To me, Craftster means swapping! Here's a project I'm sending in a swap."
  • "To me, Craftster means a community where I can show off my geekiness! Here's a project that relates to this thing I'm interested in!"

See? Not so bad, eh? Seriously, as long as you can describe why you feel your project reflects something Craftster represents to you, then you're good!

Rules and Suggestions:
  • You may enter in as many categories as you like, but you may only enter a project once. So if you wanted to enter in three categories, you would need to have made three projects!
  • Your project must have been made between June 24th and the time of posting. Your entry should not have been posted on Craftster previously (ie not something you made and posted years ago!)
  • If using a pattern or tutorial, please let us know.
  • You can begin crafting at any time but remember to post your thread in this board from August 7th through August 13th at 11:59:59 PDT. Voting for each category will be open August 14th to August 21st.
  • Although there will be 20 category winners, only the 10 winners with the most votes will go on to a grand prize round! Voting for this will be August 23rd to August 30th, with the grand prize winner being formally announced September 3rd!

Prizes:
The winner in each category will receive a Craftster pin, and a Craftster USB card. We also have some super secret, super special prizes we're working on nailing down RIGHT NOW! Stay tuned for more awesomeness!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013 06:59:43 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #611 on: June 25, 2013 11:14:20 PM »

Project Name: Steampunk Time Traveler Costume
Team: Control Freaks
Brief Description: Even though Halloween is still a few months off, I'm already thinking of it because it is my FAVORITE holiday. I'll be using Simplicity 1819 (variation B) to make myself a costume. I plan on sketching it up in the colors I want to see how it will look (I don't know if the colors/patterns I want to use will look good together and I don't want an ugly costume!) I plan on trying to make the first accessory, the goggles, Friday. This Saturday I'll be going to the craft store to pick up the remaining materials and I should be able to start Saturday night or Sunday morning on the sewing. I'm guessing it will take three weeks to complete this and the accessories. It may take longer for the actual costume because I've never tried to sew a pattern quite as complex. After I've finished the costume, I'll be making some earrings and a bracelet to go with it. I may even attempt to make a few bits and bobs to decorate my hair and boots (that is if the costume doesn't kick my butt!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #612 on: June 26, 2013 12:19:24 AM »

Wow!  I was out of town (and off the grid) for four days, and I have returned to pages and pages of great new projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #613 on: June 26, 2013 06:56:41 AM »

Oh how nice to have an extra badge to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Craftster!  Thanks, pinkleo! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #614 on: June 26, 2013 07:03:08 AM »

I'm so excited about the 10th Anniversary Challenge! Between work and just summer craziness, I hope things slow down enough for me to work on an entry! Either way, I know there's going to be so much awesomeness to enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #615 on: June 26, 2013 07:45:20 AM »

I gotta get me that badge!

Calabaza: I got ya'! Grin  And it is never too early to think about any holiday..I'm already working on Xmas. Cool  And the minimum time guideline is 3 weeks; you can definitely take more time if you need (My RP is definitely going to take me longer than 3 weeks).
Phew! Thanks! I was sketching last night and don't think I'll need quite as many feathers as I originally thought but it's still going to take a while.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013 07:48:13 AM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #616 on: June 26, 2013 08:48:26 AM »

Calabaza--I made a flamingo costume one year...I used those boa feathers you can purchase by the yard for the wings and tail feathers...I wore black tights with high heels and stood almost all the time with one knee bent Grin...I used a hood made from pink sweatshirt fabric on my head and then made a flamingo beak with felt attached with elastic...it is my favorite costume that I ever made! Grin

have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smileyyogini

Yarn Junkee

« Reply #617 on: June 26, 2013 09:02:52 AM »

Never too early to start planning for Halloween!

What to be, what to be...

I love your steampunk time traveler, Freaky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles,
Melody

www.MelodyCrochet.c om
http://www.ravelry.com/people/Smileyyogini
http://pinterest.com/smileyyogini

Shipping Hoopla "Words"
Crafting/Co-Organizing Anime Swap
Waiting for Partners on Video Game Swap
Stalking Another TM Swap

I LOVE PERSONAL SWAPS!
bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #618 on: June 26, 2013 09:54:17 AM »

mmmm.... Halloween.... you have me thinking,  now Ms. Geekie!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #619 on: June 26, 2013 10:21:50 AM »

Calabaza--I made a flamingo costume one year...I used those boa feathers you can purchase by the yard for the wings and tail feathers...I wore black tights with high heels and stood almost all the time with one knee bent Grin...I used a hood made from pink sweatshirt fabric on my head and then made a flamingo beak with felt attached with elastic...it is my favorite costume that I ever made! Grin

have fun!
That sounds so cool! Did you happen to post it on here? I'd love to see it!
With my height (or lack thereof) and being...well-endowed, shall we say, I thought a flamingo costume on me might not send the message I'd want. I'm built more like a pigeon!

Love the time-traveler costume idea, FreakieGeekie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
April Fools Steak Recipe
Chicken Chorizo Meatloaf Recipe
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese
How to Make Chicken With Mushrooms
How to Make Potato Salad
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...