A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,204
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 141794 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #580 on: June 23, 2013 03:00:22 AM »

Possibly Abbeeroad, possibly.

I love the box B1K!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #581 on: June 23, 2013 02:33:31 PM »

Challenge: May Wordy- Haiku
Team: Control Freaks
Project Geekdom: Spooky
Bonus Points: Rabbit is a type of vampire, which makes him fantasy and a monster
Project Name: Little Rabbit
Project Page Link: Here
Brief Description: Over on dA I recently found the amazing LJ Phillips who has an ongoing comic series called "Skins". It's set in an alternate world where supernatural beings such as werewolves and vampires exist. One of the main characters is Rabbit who is a member of the Smokes race. These beings are a type of vampire who drink the breath of the dying. Since Rabbit is my favorite character, I couldn't resist drawing a cute little chibi of him.
Here's the haiku:
Usually fierce
I made him a cutie instead
Rabbit's still cocky

PS,
Rabbit is an albino.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013 11:51:38 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #582 on: June 23, 2013 03:17:16 PM »

Challenge: June Randomizer
Team: Control Freaks
Project Geekdom (if any): robots
Bonus Points: Discovery
Project Name: Robot skirt
Brief Description: I am not a sewer yet. I own a sewing machine but didn't grow up having one so I am a bit intimidated. I found a super simple tutorial for a skirt that involved very little measuring and went to town. It turned out pretty good and I found that my sewing machine isn't so scary after all!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #583 on: June 23, 2013 11:54:07 PM »

ohiodiygirl, that's some cute fabric and a very cute skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #584 on: June 24, 2013 12:26:21 AM »

Thanks! I picked it up at Walmart. I also saw some pretty cute Toy Story fabric, there was only a yard left but turns out that's all I need. I may have to go back for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #585 on: June 24, 2013 12:41:55 AM »

Lucky! I can never find fabric that cute at my WM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft
« Reply #586 on: June 24, 2013 02:58:12 AM »

Challenge: May Textbook
Team: Nerdy Ladies
Project Geekdom: Music
Bonus Points: Discovery, Nerdy
Project Name: Pon Pon Hair Bows
Brief Description: I was really stuck trying to think of something to do with Prime Numbers, but then I was inspired by watching "PonPonPon" by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and decided to make two eyeball hair bows ^_^ I can't believe that I've never made bows before, they were so easy! I am definitely going to have to make some more ^_^ I was going to say that this project fit into my team's geekdom of Nerdy Ladies, since Kyary is a stage persona played by Kiriko Takemura but I'm not sure if J-Pop counts as nerdy, so I've put down music as this project's geekdom instead ^_^
Project Picture:

I'm finally on uni break down, so hopefully I will have more time for crafting and staying up-to-date on this thread! ^_^

@fiberalchemist - Love the fez and Iron Man mitts!
@gozer - Your shadowbox is great, and the shimmery background is perfect!
@ludi - I think maybe your eye embroidery is my favourite ever! It's so pretty! ^_^
@bunny1kenobi - Pandora's box is such a cool idea! Although I'd be a little nervous everytime I opened it ~_^
@noodle-bug - I love the simplicity of the birthday card you made - it really makes an impact. The weaving technique you did for the rainbow threads is really cool!
@pottermouth - OMG that Patronus Purse is AMAZING! Totally adore it!
@ant bee - I love your Sorting Hat block, and it's a clever interpretation of the challenge too! ^_^
@ohiodiygirl - Love the robot skirt! The little Spock monkey in the background is cute too! Did you make him? ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
pookiemccool

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #587 on: June 24, 2013 04:49:54 AM »

Thanks! My spock monkey was actually a gift from a swap. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #588 on: June 24, 2013 04:57:39 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert:June Multimedia
Team/Ninja: Team Fantasy
Project Geekdom (if any): Harry Potter
Bonus Points: Nerdy, Super Nerdy
Project Name: A chain to pull you from the marshes
Brief Description:
I've been having a very rough time lately, as my grandmother (who was also my godmother) died on May 17th, I injured my lower back, and we had to put down one of our two kitties last Monday, June 17th. I was overwhelmed by emotions and I get hit by spells of mental paralysis during which I feel incapable of doing anything that's not mindlessly watching television or numbly surfing the net. Anything beyond that feel like to much of a struggle, my energy levels just go totally down. I've identified that I was being tricked by a Hinkypunk, an innocent looking creature that will trick strangers to follow it's flickery blue light. It pretends to be a guide through difficult terrain, but instead, it lures you into the marshes where you will get stuck. This week-end, I fought of one of these little imps. I made a warning sketch, and I also made a chain to drag me out of these mental marshes. I only had silvery chains for my pendants, but when I inherited this sparkly cameo pendant from my grandmother, I needed to get it a nice matching chain! I couldn't find any suitable pre-made ones, so I went to the craft store to buy 40cm of golden chain and a matching closure. A couple of minutes of tinkering with my jewellery thongs later, I had a chain that does the pretty pendant perfect justice.

Naturally, the Hinkypunk is bright and shiny to attract wanderer's, and the chain and pendant are sparkly too!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pookiemccool

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #589 on: June 24, 2013 05:02:43 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May - Haiku
Team/Ninja: Team Control Freaks
Project Geekdom (if any): Dr. Who
Bonus Points:Project Name: Nerdyverse
Brief Description:
I finally got the opportunity to swap with my Craftster crush in the IYP swap. Immediately I noticed that she loved Dr. Who and wanted a Tom Baker scarf. I ran out to Michael's and bought yarn without thinking about how long it would take and kind of had a mild panic attack. Luckily I had a long craft period and was able to get it done in 35 days! Here is my haiku:

Paired with Craftster crush
Lanikins loves Dr. Who
eat, sleep, work and knit!

Project Picture: (I'm really sorry, it wasn't flipped before I uploaded it.. not sure what happened!)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013 06:49:58 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: flip picture using edit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Buying Guide: What Your Favorite Celebrities Love
How to Prevent and Fade Dark Spots
A DIY Natural Lip Scrub for a Soft Smoocher
When Your Shadow Breaks, This Trick Will Put the Pieces Back Together Again
Make It Easy: DIY Foot Scrub
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...