A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 143731 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chuckiegirl
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2013 09:11:32 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: Randomizer
Team/Ninja: Music
Project Geekdom (if any):
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Dinner on Monday Night
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Since it's Monday and it was just the boss and I at work today, I really felt like the Zombies had eaten my brain. Not to mention that I felt like a Monday Morning Zombie all day long. One of my no brainer, go to recipes for Monday night dinner is biscuits and gravy with eggs and hash browns. I have used my trusty Betty Crocker Cookbook for the biscuit recipe for so long that I have it memorized. (But since I've been know to make a nasty biscuit or two, I still get out the cookbook!)

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Helcura
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2013 10:14:02 PM »

I love it - so beautiful!  What a great way to honor the spirit of the snake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roke45
« Reply #352 on: June 04, 2013 01:38:40 AM »

Challenge: May Randomizer
Team: Nerdy Ladies!
Project Geekdom (if any): Literature - Alice in Wonderland
Bonus Points: Discovery, Engineering, Nerdy & Super Nerdy (For Alice who shall forever be kickarse)
Project Name: Tea Party Windchimes
Project Page Link: (Who's for a tutorial?) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424263.0

This Windchime is themed around Alice's journey through Wonderland, with the White Rabbit's pocket watch, bottles of mysterious liquids that scream 'Drink Me', and tableware stolen from the Mad Hatter's tea party.

With the exception of a bit of chain and a few R-Clips, this project is entirely recycled and stash! I used cutlery from my late grandmother, bottles from my dad's collection, a broken faux-vintage fob watch case that I never got around to throwing out, and an old tea cup, saucer and plate set that I picked up second hand some time ago.
The new technique I tried out was drilling with ceramics, I was incredibly nervous about breaking this tea-cup set (as bad quality and damaged as it is, it is also very pretty!) but it came out perfectly in the end, huzzah!

Though I tossed up whether to add a few more elements, a playing card, a little Sculpey toadstool etcetera, I am very pleased with how it came out, and it sounds surprisingly pretty for what it's made from!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013 07:33:07 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: cos I love pictures... » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #353 on: June 04, 2013 07:23:41 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June multimedia
Team/Ninja: Team Mystery Lovers
Project Geekdom (if any): I'm gonna say Mystery, although I might be stretching a little  Wink
Bonus Points: (nerdy, super nerdy-maybe?) giver
Project Name: Hope keychains
Brief Description: I made these shiny keychains to send to my cousin's fundraiser.  I will be sending larger items, too, but ....I want as many people to participate in helping her as I can, so little things like this, that will probably not go for as much money, will allow people with tiny budgets to feel like they can help, too.  Anyway, the SHINY (my scanner doesn't show their shiny-ness unfortunately-but they are chrome, so...) little tags say "hope" on them, and you can't get much more appropriate for a cancer fundraiser!  Also if you are hoping for something, then there's a little MYSTERY there, too...right? (she asks hopefully...?)
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #354 on: June 04, 2013 07:40:05 AM »

June came and you guys took off running!

Just been admiring all of the projects and how they have been fitted into these games so cleverly!

Ffrogg526--that is one striking afghan!

Silentblair--what an awesome ripple--get it done! Cheesy

travelgirl--your peacock bookmark is simply gorgeous!

jillybeans--such an adorable monster!  I can see many plushies for your little one, made with imagination and talent by mama!

stickerchic87--love your stamped notecards and tags...

prettypenguin--Your Jack Sparrow plush is really well done!  I love all of the fun details, like the beads!

stefaniegeek--that is the cutest pirate ever ever!!!  I love the entire outfit!

bakeneko--love your Nac Mac Feegle and your window clings...

Roke45--your teacup wind chime is a nice way to recycle and have something lovely!

bunny1kenobi--Isn't great to be able to make customized pouches to fit the things we really need?  It turned out great!

gozer--adore the Frankenstein couple...nice mixed media piece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #355 on: June 04, 2013 07:53:45 AM »

Roke45 - Wow, I love that Alice inspired windchime!! Very clever and creative!!

ETA: I had to scroll through so many pages, but I didn't forget my teammate!! Yay StickerChic87! Go Team Dystopia!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013 07:58:36 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #356 on: June 04, 2013 08:51:30 AM »

ETA: I had to scroll through so many pages, but I didn't forget my teammate!! Yay StickerChic87! Go Team Dystopia!!

Wink

bunny-Love those keychains!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #357 on: June 04, 2013 09:11:50 AM »

ha ha I had to bypass the biscuit and gravy picture because it was too far away from lunch...but now, guess what I am craving? Smiley

I think I have memorized the exact same recipe from the exact same cookbook, chuckiegirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2013 09:12:49 AM »

I am SO happy with the themes for June!  I am actually going to have some things post!  One is something I started last night for a swap and it's almost finished already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2013 09:25:59 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: Textbook: Prime Numbers (May)
Team/Ninja: Monster
Project Geekdom (if any): None
Bonus Points: None
Project Name: Baby Bug's Tutu
Brief Description: This Sunday, I also managed to make a tutu for my cousin's baby.  She is due a month before me and I've really been wanting to make her baby something, but haven't managed to find time, until now!  Though this is just the beginning!  The tutu was really easy to make.  I bought a yard each of a really light pink, neon pink, and black tulle.  I took it home, folded it in half (hot dog style) and cut to make my width.  Then, using my rotary cutter and mat, I made 4" wide strips.  My ribbon was 47" in length, though the final product was 17" around.  Using a loop tie, I knotted on each of the tulle strips (for a total of 73 strips of tulle).
Project Picture:

Here's creepy doll modeling the tutu, since Baby Bug isn't yet here to model the tutu.  I plan on making a tutu for my baby, as well, and perhaps one for my new baby niece (who is a few week old).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Bead - Correcting Mistakes and Adding Thread
Learn how to Bead - Herringbone Stitch
Learn How to Bead - Brick Stitch
Learn how to Bead - Peyote Stitch
Learn how to Bead - Introduction to Stitching
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...