A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 136632 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2013 08:25:57 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Randomizer (Zombies ate my brain)
Team/Ninja: Team Monster
Project Geekdom (if any): Monsters!
Bonus Points: include which bonus points you think you've earned: Nerdy, Super Nerdy Bonus, Giver
Project Name: Charity Coin Purses
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
 Bunny1kenobi sent out an email to a couple of us asking if we wanted to donate items to a raffle for her cousin who has cancer's medical treatment. I used to run an Etsy store and had some coin purses left over from that. I decided to make a couple of them with my team's theme, Monsters, to add to the package. I have made so many coin purses they are definitely a no-brainer now. The two in the front are the one I made for the games and the ones in the background are some of the rest I am sending too.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2013 09:13:53 PM »

I can't believe I got this far behind in commenting. Wow! It was only a couple days! Here goes...
 Smeddley - Awesome cross stitch. I was all for the ninjas. And the dog didn't eat the chocolate did it!
 craftADDchick - Nice and clean stencil job.
 1watermonkey - Clever Dr How Owls (Dr, HOO'ts?) I like that you made them for the Dr's.
 Patty_o_furniture -  Cool stamps. Makes me want to try that!
 trinalocakary - I like that you embroidered the lightning. Neat pic.
 Roke45 - Super nice hoopla. The scurvy and syphilis made me laugh.
 SharieFairy - Fun mask. I hope you scare your man. I love to scare mine. Bonus for that!!!
 docnessie - Cute John Snow & Ghost. That was your first? You have an untapped talent! Make more!!
 Ezri_B - Anything Princess Bride rocks. Love that image.
 naantje - Cute doodles. (Sorry about your Granny)
 LovelyMiss - LOVE!!! Oh my! The bunny is my favorite part. It's so whimsical and beautiful. Amazing!
 Kwality570 - Hey there team matey! Always a fan of those monsters of yours! Cute pirate.
 Pinkleo - Cool Potter skull & crossbones. I love things that aren't so obvious at first. Neat design.
 jennieingram - gorgeous shrine to Griffindor and awesome bracelet! I have a bunny so the bunny charm is especially adorable to me. You were busy!!
 Ffrogg526 - Those crochets are great. That's another craft I want to learn. Great job!
 noodle-bug - Neat idea with the knitting. Wish  could find something cool like that!
 alwaysinmyroom - I am going to have to sit down and watch Dr who one day. Everyone makes it look so interesting. Great embroidery!
 Bakeneko - cool Pictsies. He looks like he could take that liquor and keep going!
 stefaniegk - Awe! She is SO cute. bet she had fun!
 SpeakGeekAndEnter - I think you got it pretty good! But if you need to stare at his chest more I would understand.  Wink
 Monty - Cute embroidery. Love anything Star Wars related!
 PrettyPenguin - Awesome Jack doll! Looks like it took a while. Great job. 
 bunny1kenobi - Cute earrings. I think Keys are definitely mysterious! Great cause too!
 felicitybaby - I would have freaked out for money like that when I was a kid. Cute!
 StickerChic87 - Adorable stationary. I have a weakness for bookmarks and now that I have a Kindle I miss them.

Oh my gosh, did I really finish commenting? Sorry if I missed anyone. It wasn't on purpose!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2013 09:38:07 PM »

GOZER I LOVE YOU!!  Kiss  You get brownie points from me, too, for your giving spirit! Plus your little pouches are freaking adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FabledStitches

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2013 03:58:37 AM »

Yay! It means so much for you to say that SpeakGeekAndEnter! Smiley How do you get your needlefelted faces to stay on? Do you use wool for stuffing or is there some magic trick? And I would love to see a Hook plushie - with his hat! OMG that would be so cute. I still want to make accessories for Captain Jack, I just didn't have time!

Aw, you're sweet.  Kiss I felt them directly into the "skin" fabric of the face once it's stuffed. The fibres are knotted together into the (regular ol' polyfil) stuffing of the face. If you stab the fibres enough, you really have to pull them pretty hard to come out!

~Everyone is moving so fast! I am such a slow crafter, and it doesn't help I keep ducking in here to check to see what cleverness everyone has come up with! (what? me? procrastinate? never! Tongue)

Bakeneko -- Love the window clings! ..and now I have to google window cling paper because I have never heard of it! Wink
Bunny1kenobi -- Sorry to hear about your cousin's cancer. Sad  I think the earrings are wonderful! And I think keys are totally mysterious -- you never know *what* they unlock!
felicitybaby -- those wizarding coins are flippin' fabulous!
StickerChic87 -- Look at all those prime numbers! Wink The stationery is pretty rad, too.. I'm diggin' those tags especially.
gozer -- Frankenstein's Monster and his Bride shouldn't be so cute! The spider would make this project on the "horror" side for me Wink but I love love love those roses!  Those coin purses are amazing, too and that monster fabric is so cute! Such a nice thing to do.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we have to decide is what to craft with the time that is given to us.

FacebookTumblrInstagramEtsy
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #304 on: June 02, 2013 04:09:20 AM »

Great Bride and Monster, gozer.  That romance didn't work out too well.....   Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #305 on: June 02, 2013 05:36:04 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May Multimedia
Team/Ninja:  Team Control Freaks
Project Geekdom (if any): none  Undecided
Bonus Points: Discovery
Project Name:  Daysies Pink Ruffle Skirt
Project Page Link (if available):  Pattern available here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ballerina-ruffle-skirt
Brief Description: Well, it was Daysies birthday and she needed a cute dress to wear!!  I found this pattern and thought it was adorable.  I made her a very pink skirt with the Red Heart Sashay yarn.  I've never used it before.  I'm not sure how I feel about it either.  It didn't take me too long to make and the result is so soft and fluffy and cute, but its just so.....I don't know, I don't think I like it, but I may use it again.  I have a purple colourway that I may have to turn into a skirt too.  Grin
Project Picture:

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=423319.0#ixzz2V3rSkeAM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2013 05:40:26 AM »

Project Name:  Zelda (maybe Mario too) Teesha Moore bag
Team/Ninja:  Team Control Freaks
Brief Description: I'm going to make a Zelda (Mario) Teesha Moore bag for ME!!  It will take me 3 weeks +.  I know this for a fact, I may or may not ( Wink) have already made a smaller version that took me forever, so this will too.  Expecially considering I want it bigger than previous existing or non-existing bag  Grin  I will make all of the patches, then sew them together make the strap and line it!!  YAY!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Tanath
« Reply #307 on: June 02, 2013 05:51:55 AM »

Mama24boys - that's very cute, as soon as I saw it I exclaimed "Shiny!". It kind of reminds me of Kaylee's shindig dress, so I think you can claim some nerdy points for it too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2013 06:07:16 AM »

Wait, how did I miss the romantic Steins?  How awesome are these?!?!?!?!  And they can be displayed year round of course - from Valentine's Day to Halloween!  Grin  Perfect use for your gazillion metal roses, gozer!  Where did you get those, btw....thinking I might need some!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

« Reply #309 on: June 02, 2013 07:26:51 AM »

LOL! Yes Ludi, that romance didn't really have much of a spark to begin with but I like to think the survived the lab being demolished and went into couples therapy and are now enjoying a happy life full of love in New York City.  Wink

mama24boyz - that is a cute skirt, only outshined by your adorable daughter!

Bunny1kenoi, I bought a ton on Ebay really cheap. I got 4 different sizes for $1.50 each set. I think they sets were 200, 100, 80, & 30 each. But they came from China and I got nervous they wouldn't get here in time so I ordered another set of 200 from in the US. LOL! Yeah, I went a little bonkers. Then I finally found some at Michael's and they were $3 for 10 of them!!!! Glad I ordered them.  Tongue 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shoot Amazing Pictures Under and Above Water
Bacon Alphabet by Henry Hargreaves
Toasted by Henry Hargreaves
Tips For Taking Insect Photos
Cannes Film Festival Red Carpet Photos
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...