A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 138633 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FabledStitches
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 01, 2013 12:36:28 AM »

Patty_o_furniture, that stamp is rockin'! I have never tried to make a stamp (looks crazy hard) but I admire those that have the skill and patience to make 'em.

Monty, Hee, Love Jabba the Pug. Wink Wonderful embroidery work, I'm jealous.

PrettyPenguin, I LOVE your Jack Sparrow plushie! I was initially going to try to get a Hook plushie done for the battle but ran out of time; I'm SUPER impressed you managed to get that little fellow done in time! And so much detail too. Ahh, he's absolutely perfect!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we have to decide is what to craft with the time that is given to us.

FacebookTumblrInstagramEtsy
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: June 01, 2013 05:51:02 AM »

Hey everyone!  I forgot to add the link to the Harry Pirate Stencil.
Click here for fab stencil by Jennifer Ofenstein
Enjoy! Cool

Whoo-hoo! Thanks for this! Making one for me and one for the daughter of a friend (I helped to make her a Muggle shirt for her birthday last year).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #292 on: June 01, 2013 06:13:55 AM »

More Pirate domination! (*sigh* I was hoping the Ninjas would sneak in at the last minute and kick some Pirate booty). I am in awe... The pirate map stamp is fantastic, and I love the Dr. Who embroidery. Love the picture of Pirate Izzy standing there with her hands in her pockets- the coolest and cutest little pirate around!

When I saw the book crossing location, my fear was that the book would fall off and tumble to the depths below. I'm definitely going to look up the bookcrossing website, because I have a lot of books to pass along, and this seems like such a fun way to do it!

I'm thinking I need to keep a word document open as I look at projects because as soon as I click to the next page, I forget what I looked at on the previous page (I have the same problem at the movies... when I watch previews, I forget what movie I'm actually there to see... Also when I leave the room, I forget what I left the room for! See that ADD in my username? Cheesy )

And, between the heat and the grouchy afternoon I had yesterday, I was wiped out, and couldn't muster the energy to get my Fandom project done last night. As soon as I switch over the laundry, I'm going to be looking for the supplies that I have buried somewhere so I can finish it. I'm traveling today, so I'm going to work on it in the car...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
PrettyPenguin
« Reply #293 on: June 01, 2013 08:14:37 AM »

PrettyPenguin, I LOVE your Jack Sparrow plushie! I was initially going to try to get a Hook plushie done for the battle but ran out of time; I'm SUPER impressed you managed to get that little fellow done in time! And so much detail too. Ahh, he's absolutely perfect!!

Yay! It means so much for you to say that SpeakGeekAndEnter! Smiley How do you get your needlefelted faces to stay on? Do you use wool for stuffing or is there some magic trick? And I would love to see a Hook plushie - with his hat! OMG that would be so cute. I still want to make accessories for Captain Jack, I just didn't have time!

Patty_o_furniture - that stamp is AWESOME! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bakeneko
« Reply #294 on: June 01, 2013 12:30:20 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June- Randomizer: Zombies ate my brains!
Team/Ninja: Ninja
Project Geekdom (if any): Discworld
Bonus Points: Super Nerdy Bonus, because The Luggage is from discworld.
Project Name: The luggage window cling
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: This is as brainless craft as you can get.  Simply snag image from the internet and print on window cling paper. Ta Dah.  Also it is awesome.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013 07:18:55 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: rotate photo in Craftster photohosting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #295 on: June 01, 2013 06:14:53 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Randomizer
Team/Ninja: Team Mystery Lovers
Project Geekdom (if any): Mystery
Bonus Points: Giver, Discovery, Nerdy, Super Nerdy
Project Name: No brainer charity earrings
Brief Description: I'm making various things to send to a charity auction to help pay for my cousin's cancer treatment.  I make a lot of jewelry, so earrings are a no-brainer for me, especially earrings where I just attach some charms to an ear wire!  Well, in my stash I found a couple of shepherd hooks, but no silver ear wires...so I made some!  I'd seen homemade ear wires on pinterest, but had never made them myself before now.  And I think keys are mysterious.... what mysterious box/door/vault/airport locker do they open?....oooooOOOooh.... (too much of a stretch?)
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013 06:16:36 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

felicitybaby
« Reply #296 on: June 01, 2013 06:18:20 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May Textbook
Team/Ninja: Team-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
Project Geekdom (if any): Harry Potter
Bonus Points: Nerdy Super Bonus and ?Engineering (does this count as a tutorial?)
Project Name: Wizard Money
Project Page Link (inspired by this): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=316188.0#axzz2V179rYGK
Brief Description: I made my own wizard money from polymer clay--Galleons, sickles and knuts.  I saw this idea on Crafster and loved it.  I made 19 coins and that is a prime number.  Also, the Galleons have a star with 5 points and that is also a prime number!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2013 08:13:39 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May-Textbook
Team/Ninja: Team Dystopia
Project Geekdom: -
Bonus Points: -
Project Name: Simple Stamped Stationary
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424179.0#axzz2V1ad00Ym
Brief Description: I used some tiny house carved stamps from 2 crafty pals (Calabaza and FeliciaSlayDCRG) and made 5 notecards with 3 different house stamps, and six tags from another house set stamp, for a total of 11 pieces of stationary! Wink
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2013 08:14:01 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Challenge - Romance
Team/Ninja: Team Monster
Project Geekdom (if any): Universal Monsters
Bonus Points: include which bonus points you think you've earned: Nerdy, Super Nerdy bonus
Project Name: Stein's in Love
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
 I decided to go with Romance even though my fandom is Monsters. I thought of two monsters in love and Frankenstein's Monster and his Bride came to mind. I photocopied some ATC's I made a while ago and cut them out and put them on some neat little hearts I got from Michael's for a quarter. I knew I had to use those roses because I have become obsessed with them since I bought a bunch (about 400 LOL!) for a jewelry project that only required two.  Tongue  I added a ribbon to keep the two hearts connected and hung it on my wall. Now I am just waiting to see how long it takes for my husband to notice.  Wink
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2013 08:16:16 PM »

Love your monsters in love, gozer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes Recipe
Plating the New York Strip Steak
Making Cognac Butter for the Strip Steaks
Grilled New York Strip Steak Recipe
Roasted Tomato Crowns Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...