A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 141645 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2013 08:25:42 PM »

So, so, so, so, so many awesome projects!  I can barely keep up, but I am loving them all!  Oh & thanks smileyogini for the link Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
The Carnivorous Plant Swap, Pretty Bird 3-D Swap, OWS Rnd 106, Fall Dotee Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap, Dodo and Friends swap, Vintage Halloween swap, Anatomical swap

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
stefaniegk
« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2013 08:26:51 PM »

always in my room-love that printed paper and the Doctor embroidery, go team!

abbeeroad-that is awesome, both the picture and the craft. Great job

docnessie-those shirts are awesome. What kind of paint did you use for them? The apron is great as well, way to go for the first sewing project. My daughter would love that hello kitty pirate shirt, did you freehand the stencil for it? Tell me more about your stenciling techniques, you have some of the best shirts I have seen.

lightinglisa-that hoop is great. The backing fabric is perfect.

Smeddley-the ninja hoop is great, I showed my husband and he loved your math explanation.

ffrogg526-these are awesome, the rainbow one is my favorite

1watermonkey-I want the owl Doctor Who potholders!

noodle-bug: I've found if I post something after the last the post I read then I can go to the my post section of my account, click on it and then be caught up to what I have already read.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2013 08:44:14 PM »

@Krafty_Karasu: LOVE your cross stitch!  Way to represent your Geekdom in battle! Cool

hee hee!  thanks!  Grin  I thought it would represent well.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Nyxinae

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2013 08:47:07 PM »

I think this is in time... I hope! I may have added an additional "nerdy games time" clock to my computer taskbar so I can leave all the battles to the last minute ---er, I mean get them in on time.. Tongue

Battle: PIRATE!
Team: Commercial Free All-Stars
Project Geekdom: Once Upon A Time
Bonus Points: Super Nerdy
Project Name: Hook's Necklace
Brief Description: I've been wanting to make a necklace like Hook wears in Once Upon A Time for awhile, I thought it would be a good Pirate-y idea for the battle. After trying desperately to find good high-res pics of the necklace for days, I gave up a few days ago and started just "winging it" for the Pirate challenge with what odd-angled, low-quality pics I could find.  I used a pin & darning needle to sculpt the blade (which is one and a half inches long) and to alter the skull (the skull itself was a bead that I made a mould of and then made a clay copy).  
As it happened, I was painting them up (boo for not having silver premo on hand!) when I got an email from a friend who knew I'd been looking, with better pictures of Hook's necklace (one of which is included in the pic for reference). I can see now a lot of places where I went wrong, so there will probably be a Hook's Necklace: Revisited project sometime in the future, but for now I suppose given what I was working with while sculpting it, my inner perfectionist can't complain too loudly.  Cheesy Wink
Project Picture:

Eta; So many awesome projects.. and such truly fantastic, clever ideas!  I am kind of in love with the little Draco and the stencilled Pirate Potter shirt and noodle-bug, I LOVED your Ninja submission! SO GREAT!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013 08:54:21 PM by SpeakGeekAndEnter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we have to decide is what to craft with the time that is given to us.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2013 08:57:54 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May Battle -- Pirates
Team/Ninja: Team who must not be named
Project Geekdom (if any): Pirates of the Caribbean
Bonus Points: nerdy
Project Name: Treasure Map
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: Thought I better get a battle in before it was too late!  This is what I came up with.  Treasure map stamp for the pirates to find their gold.  I worked it in reverse, so it was a new technique for me, but I don't call it enough of a new technique to get the discovery points.  Anyway, I like it and I'm sure my girls will get some good use out of it!

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2013 09:00:07 PM »

Love the potholders and that stamp!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monty

Summer Nerd Games! So Excited

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2013 09:18:00 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: MAY Randomizer
Team: Of Ships and Men
Project Geekdom (if any): Star Wars
Bonus Points: Discovery, Nerdy, Super Nerdy
Project Name: Jabba the Pug

Brief Description: I have been looking to learn embroidery so joined a hoopla along for motivation and ideas. Super fun start was picking things you love: I love pugs and Star Wars, and together we have ... Jabba the Pug

I did him on a old place mat that worked nice to stitch on. I learned the French Knot and the Chain Stitch. Super fun to learn. Helpful to see it on video tuts.

Then I'll frame him up nice after a good cleaning.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SharieFairy
« Reply #287 on: May 31, 2013 10:13:49 PM »

These are some awesome projects. I love seeing everyone's creativity. The pirate necklace is  awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrettyPenguin
« Reply #288 on: May 31, 2013 10:25:23 PM »

Yeah so I'm a teeeeny tiny bit late. ^^' I hope I do this right...let me know if I need to change anything. Smiley

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May Battle Royale: Pirates vs. Ninjas
Team: Of Ships and Men
Project Geekdom (if any): Pirates of the Caribbean
Bonus Points: Nerdy Super Bonus! This is inspired by the nerdydom Pirates of the Caribbean, which happens to be in my team scope (of Ships & Men). This is also the first human plush that I've made, and I used several new techniques, including painting on fleece, creating clothes with no pattern, and sewing the hair by using masking tape to hold it in place and sewing through it initially, and then sewing that "wig" onto the plush and styling it.
Project Name: Captain Jack Sparrow Plush
Project Page Link (if available): (none yet, I may get around to posting this tomorrow or Sunday)
Brief Description: This is unashamedly inspired by speakgeekandenter's amazing plushies! This has been on my "50 crafts in 2013" list since the beginning of the year (along with some others). The pattern is the Baby London Star tutorial. I used fleece for the body and various cottons for the clothes. The hair is some yarn I picked up at Michaels specifically for Jack. I didn't sew it on one strand at a time, but sewed all of the strands in a row to masking tape (which I then pulled off) and then sewing that "wig" to the head. I painted the face on using acrylics mixed with fabric medium.

Project Picture:

Sitting

In front of the (Lego) Black Pearl

And the booty shot...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #289 on: May 31, 2013 10:53:00 PM »

Wow, this board exploded today!  Such awesome projects and talent in here.  Though I have to express my disappointment over ninjas clearly losing the Battle.  Cheesy  I was so close to going with pirates!

Team love (go team!):

stefaniegk, What a great costume you put together!  Your kiddo is such a cutie. 

SpeakGeekAndEnter, that necklace is sooo awesome (despite any perfectionist doubts)!

alwaysinmyroom, another fantastic Doctor!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Beachy Waves
How To Curl Your Hair With A Flat Iron
Tips for Parting Your Hair
DIY Runway-Worthy Ponytail
A Fresh Take on Vintage Waves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...