A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 139058 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #680 on: June 30, 2013 09:20:34 AM »

Thanks Abbeeroad! I forgot to mention that even though Evil Dead is a movie it qualifies as my declared geekdom because there have also been Evil Dead video games.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #681 on: June 30, 2013 09:22:42 AM »

Oh those patches are so cool!  I'm telling you, y'all may be making a TM fan outta me!

Love seeing all the art too.  That Derek is quite impressive, and the owl is adorbs.

The lanterns are awesome.  Very cool idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #682 on: June 30, 2013 09:31:57 AM »

I strongly suggest that y'all head over to the personal swap gallery to check out the other awesome patches abbeeroad made me too Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
smileyyogini

Yarn Junkee

« Reply #683 on: June 30, 2013 09:50:54 AM »

The patches are beautiful! Very inspiring!!!

OhioDIY!! Your painting is incredible. I love to paint but I am not yet good at it. I never thought of groupon for painting classes. That's such a fabulous idea!

What a beautiful lantern. Perfect blue color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles,
Melody

www.MelodyCrochet.c om
http://www.ravelry.com/people/Smileyyogini
http://pinterest.com/smileyyogini

Shipping Hoopla "Words"
Crafting/Co-Organizing Anime Swap
Waiting for Partners on Video Game Swap
Stalking Another TM Swap

I LOVE PERSONAL SWAPS!
Smeddley

« Reply #684 on: June 30, 2013 09:55:43 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Battle (Romance... sort of?)
Team: S&M
Project Geekdom: Biology - real life science!
Bonus Points: Nerdy, Super Nerdy
Project Name: Have a Heart
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: What's more romantic than a hand-made (anatomically correct*) heart?  Or more horrific, I suppose, if it's being handed to you by a zombie.  It could go either way, but even with the zombie, it's *meant* to be romantic, so... that's what we're going for.
Project Picture:

* Not really very, according to my husband - I made one for him for our anniversary a few years back, and he commenced telling me all that was wrong with it.  That's what I get for making such a thing for an anatomy professor, I suppose... but it's not my pattern, so I didn't take it to heart... *giggle*  This one is for me for a costume idea for the next zombie walk, it's a lot smaller than the original.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #685 on: June 30, 2013 10:10:31 AM »

Oh my, a knit anatomical heart!  I'm in love!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chuckiegirl
« Reply #686 on: June 30, 2013 11:06:42 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June--Romance
Team/Ninja: Team Music
Project Geekdom (if any): Romance, Outdoors (if that's geeky)
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Anniversary Card
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I had to go with Romance because I'm very romantic at heart. And the hubby and I's anniversary is on June 17th (17 years!!! WAHOOO!). I made him an anniversary card that reflects who he is: an outdoorsman. He loves to be outdoors and he loves to the kiddos and I with him. (sorry bout the pic quality. i was having taking photos issues today!)
Project Picture:

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June--Textbook
Team/Ninja: Team Music
Project Geekdom (if any): Music
Bonus Points: Super Nerdy Bonus, Discovery
Project Name: Musical Embroidery
Brief Description: Musical waves make me happy! I love music and have two blessedly musical children. The oldest daughter claimed this for a music bag...I was going to make one for her as a surprise anyways! I made this embroidery from a iron on transfer from Stitcher's Revolution SR4 Rock'n & Roll'n. I've never done that before, don't know if I like it. The image shifted while ironing in some parts and didn't transfer well in others. I have never used an embroidery hoop and cotton fabric for my projects either, I usually use felt that is stiff. I did like the hoop though and will definitely use one more often.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013 11:24:11 AM by Chuckiegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: June 30, 2013 12:34:16 PM »

Challenge: Horror vs. Romance
Team/Ninja: Team-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
Project Geekdom: Romance!
Bonus Points: None
Project Name: Key to My Heart Necklace & Earrings
Brief Description:  I'll take Romance over Horror any day.  As Craig Ferguson said (while describing Doctor Who through song) "If there's any hope for any of us in this giant explosion in which we inhabit, then surely that's it. Intellect and romance triumph over brute force and cynicism."  And I honestly believe that.  That romance, and the human heart's capacity to feel LOVE, is the best hope for humanity.  And so to represent that, a necklace and earrings I've just made for myself, with a giant teal crystal heart, and silver and gunmetal charms.
Project Picture:

Challenge: JUNE - Textbook
Team/Ninja:Team-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
Project Geekdom: None
Bonus Points: None
Project Name & Page Link: Shrine to the Goddess of Crafty Inspiration
Brief Description: This shrine was created for Pinkleo in the Shrine Swap.  It is an assemblage shrine to someone we all worship, the Goddess of Crafty Inspiration, aka, the Goddess of crafter BRAIN WAVES!  The wooden frame came from the dollar store, and the bits and bobs that make it up came from my stash, work, my car, the craft store, Knickertwists garden, and a many came from sheepBlue in a bundle of goodies she sent me in the IYP 23 Swap.  There are more detail shots, as well as a breakdown of my construction process on the project thread.
Project Picture:

Challenge: JUNE - Multimedia
Project Geekdom: None
Bonus Points: Discovery
Project Name & Page Link: Pacific Northwest Necklace
Brief Description: This was created for the lovely sheepBlue in the IYP Swap: Round 23.  sheepBlue asked for a charm-style necklace that represented her home in the Pacific Northwest.  The base is a deep purple geode, and the charms include a shell heart for the coast, a birds nest and bird for the forest animals, and an acorn, flower and leaf for the fauna found there. While I have made lots of charm bracelets, I've never done a charm necklace like this, and it was certainly a learning process!
Project Picture:

Challenge: JUNE - Wordy
Project Geekdom: Math & Science
Bonus Points: Nerdy
Project Name & Page Link: Solar System Mini Art Quilt
Brief Description: One of my very favorite childhood books was a little Golden Book called, My First Book About Space.  I read it over and over.  Then my brother did the same.  And all the children in my mother's day care.  Suffice to say, it was a much loved book, and gave me a deep and abiding love of stargazing. 
Project Picture:

Challenge: JUNE - Fandom
Project Geekdom: Is "Literature" a Geekdom? If not, it should be.
Bonus Points: Nerdy (If Literature counts as a Geekdom)
Project Name: Shakespeare Shrine
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424809.msg5055180#msg5055180
Brief Description: This is a shrine I made for pinkleo in the Shrine Swap, and was based off her request for anything Shakespeare related.  The image of Shakespeare himself is actually a vintage cigarette card from 1924.  Yep, its just about 90 years old! The crown on Shakespeare and the one on the skull, as well as the play charm, pawn, heart lock, stone owl, letter beads and skull bead all came out of my stash. The scroll of paper at the top reads, He was not of an age, but for all time, which is a quote about Shakespeare by fellow playwright Ben Johnson.  This fits the prompt by having lots of hidden details.  Please see the project thread to learn them all.  (I don't want to clog up this thread with them all.)

Project Picture:

Challenge: JUNE - Randomizer
Project Geekdom: Science & Witchcraft
Bonus Points: Nerdy
Project Name: Semi Precious Stone Bracelets for sheepBlue
Brief Description: I make bracelets.  A lot of bracelets.   Cool  When I'm a bit too tired to make charm bracelets, I spend time whipping up these simple strands of semi-precious stones, which I find comfortable enough to wear, even at work (where bracelets usually bother me).  They are my ultimate "no-brainer project", and are made of a "go-to" material: beads.  This is a set of three that I made for sheepBlue in the IYP Swap.  The materials are red coral, black jasper, and river shell.  The red coral one features an anatomical heart charm.  (Science Geekdom)  The black jasper features a talisman against the evil eye.  (Witchcraft)
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
ysmeine
« Reply #688 on: June 30, 2013 12:44:03 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Battle Royal: Romance
Team/Ninja:Ninja
Project Geekdom (if any): garden
Bonus Points: super nerdy
Project Name:Embroidered rose gloves
Brief Description: What is more romantic than roses? Since I bought these white rose gloves for gardening I have wanted to embroider them. I chose pink roses for this challenge.
Project Picture:

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Randomizer; Zombies Ate My Brains
Team/Ninja:Ninja
Project Geekdom (if any): garden and recycle
Bonus Points: super nerdy
Project Name:Recycled T piece melon trellis
Brief Description: Every night at work we throw away a dozen of these t pieces a night, unused. I thought they would make fun joints with dowels to make a multitude of shapes. I decided on a melon trellis, because I have a patio/driveway garden and vertical gardening saves space. While this was easy to make there was a lot of mindless filing of the ends of dowel. At one time I imagined myself making vampire stakes, so glad they didn't have to be sharp points. That would of taken forever.
Project Picture:

Here is the close up of the glove.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013 05:26:17 PM by ysmeine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #689 on: June 30, 2013 03:28:57 PM »

Pretty embroidery, ysmeine.  I wish we could get a closer look at it!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Watercolor Paper
How to Turn an Old Watercolor Brush into a Tool
How to Reuse Old Tubes of Watercolor Paint
How to Protect Your Paintings from Damage
Assembling Supplies for Plein Air Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...