A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 141420 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2013 09:01:30 AM »

I can't believe all the awesome projects people are posting!  I'm excited for next month's prompts to see more!

LovelyMiss - You did a lot of weaving this week! Love that color green.

I love doing those kinds of projects while I catch up on TV shows, and the holiday weekend gave me lots of time for that!  Smiley

LovelyMiss--GO TEAM!!!  I love your kumihimo braid!  I have been slowly gathering supplies for various Japanese crafts...this one looks a bit daunting, but what great results!

Oh my gosh, the results look impressive, but it's really easy with the loom!  It's basically just swapping cords back and forth over and over and over and over again.   Cheesy  There are braids that are much more complicated, but I wanted something easy for my first attempt.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013 09:01:54 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #191 on: May 28, 2013 09:10:50 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May Multimedia-I Chose Blue (Dr. Who blue, of course!)
Team/Ninja: Commercial Free-TV All Stars
Project Geekdom (if any): Dr. Who
Bonus Points: Nerdy
Project Name: The first Doctor

Brief Description: I joined an embroidery/quilt-along on www.Fandomstitches.com...basically, each week, you make a quilt square with one of the Doctors embroidered in the center.  My original idea was that I was going to paint my own galaxy fabric. I experimented first by doing it on paper:

I loved the paper and used it for another project, but it was a lot of work, and after doing some research, I found out that the painted fabric tends to wash/fade away, which is not good on something like a quilt!  So, I bought similar fabric instead and will reserve my galaxy fabric painting for a future project. After I make all the centers, I will then turn each one into a square for the quilt...hopefully, it will be a completed project for a future challenge! Grin

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #192 on: May 28, 2013 09:17:37 AM »

Thanks, always.  Smiley  I love your fabric design;  I'm glad you were able to use it for another project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lurv2knit
« Reply #193 on: May 28, 2013 09:29:01 AM »

Lurv2knit, those bracelet/anklets are very pretty and very clever!
Thank you! I was making a lot of them for fundraising for my mom's Relay for Life team.

@lurv2knit: YAY Team Harry Potter Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!  Love the colorways & inspiration point of your bracelets.
Thank you! Like I said, I've gotten a season pass for my park and then the new coaster at Cedar Point really have me geeking about coasters (plus, something big's coming next year to Kings Island and I'm excited!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2013 02:49:26 PM »

FreakieGeekie - Cute treasure chest! Way to carry on your grandmother's tradition!

trinalocakary - your choker is beautiful and I love your "better math" comment, lol!

silentblair - your Trekkie handkerchief looks adorable in your hair! Great fabric.

gozer - AH! LOVE your monsters!! You're truly talented with those markers.

La Chapa - Perfect pirate cthulhu charm!

LovelyMiss - Wow! Three hours! But your braid looks great - totally worth all the effort!

craftADDchick - LOVE the pattern on that brain waves hat! And such a clever name!!

Ludi - I don't know anything about Lovecraft, but I LOVE your alien!!

alwaysinmyroom - that galaxy print is really cool - did it start out plain black? And yay for Dr. Who stitch!! Can't wait to see the quilt you make with all your projects. I think I'm going to go back and watch some classic Dr. Who while waiting for Netflix to catch up on seasons.

Challenge: Randomizer: Scrap Heap
Team: Dystopia!
Project Geekdom: Video Games - Mario!! (again)
Bonus Points: Nerdy (Mario!)
Project Name: Question Block Pinata
Project Page Link: Idea Source
Brief Description: I made this for my son's birthday party this past weekend. My husband brought the cardboard home from work (recycled material!) and we painted it up to look like a Mario question block. We filled it with candy and taped tissue paper to the bottom. The kids had to punch out the candy just like in Mario! It was harder than you'd think to punch through tissue paper!
Project Pictures (sorry for all the pics - it was a lot of fun!):

Voted best action shot:

My kiddo:

Still going:

Right before it broke:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2013 03:45:58 PM »

Thanks, Abbee!  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2013 04:45:51 PM »

I have 2 projects done... woohoo! (and I can post)

First: Stitch Markers

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May "Textbook" challenge.
Team/Ninja: Of Ships & Men
Project Geekdom (if any): NA
Bonus Points: include which bonus points you think you've earned
Project Name: Stitch Marker Swap
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
The main set is a set of 3 matching markers, 3 being a prime number.
Project Picture:
(Oops... pic to post later! Just realized partner hasn't mentioned she's received yet)
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/261998_28May13_sDSC09210.jpg

Second: Screen Cleaner

Challenge/Battle/Alert: Randomizer.
Team/Ninja: Of Ships & Men
Project Geekdom (if any): Of Ships & Men (A pirate on a pirate ship would see these on occasion)
Bonus Points: +10 Nerdy (Of Ships & Men) +5 Super Nerdy (it's my geekdom)--as mentioned above: Pirates will have seen these. And I would have to watch all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies but... surely there's a stingray in one of them, somewhere???
Project Name: Screen cleaner
Brief Description: While walking through the dollar tree I found this cute little stingray looking up at me, and he was just begging to come home and be a screen cleaner. So I cut a screen cleaning cloth and sewed it to his little belly. Super simple, but it's re-purposed. I had to buy the screen cleaning cloth too so it wasn't recycled, but... isn't he CUTE?!?
Project Picture:

If I'm stretching the geekdom too much, that's okay. I'm just excited I got something done Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013 06:21:23 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2013 05:27:56 PM »

Holy cow! I can see that I'm not going to be able to keep up with this gallery! So many amazing projects, but I think my favorite thing is the clever ways everyone connects their projects to the challenge and their geekdom. Smiley

And, I am loving the sting ray screen cleaner! I may have to steal your idea (and hit the dollar tree on the way home on Thursday). Is it cheating if I copy and idea and connect it to my own geekdom? Smiley But seriously, I think I need one of them for my laptop at school. It's amazing how much dust it collects... I think my students would try to claim it for themselves...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
lilyla19
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2013 07:24:45 PM »

That Stingray is adorable!!!!! I want one too.

The mario cube is so fun! If the kids are wearing a mario hat as they punch the cube, it would be hilarious.

That fabric is amazing, I wish I can paint!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2013 07:26:36 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May Textbook
Team/Ninja: Team Mystery Lovers
Project Geekdom (if any): Twighlight? Monsters?
Bonus Points: Discovery, Nerdy
Project Name: La Push hair sticks
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I made these for a swap, and she received, so I can post!  There are 2 hair sticks and 2 is a prime number! Woot!  Plus figuring out how to attach that feather on my own was a challenge that I think qualifies as discovery... Roll Eyes And while Twilight is not my declared geekdom, I think it applies as nerdy - if not, I'd be happy to put it under monsters, since I think we'd all agree that werewolves fit the monster category...
Project Picture:

That's actually the Quileute tattoo on the one hair stick there....not the best pic, sorry... Undecided
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013 08:00:18 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding Form in Architecture
Understanding Scale in Architecture
Understanding Proportion in Architecture
Visit New York City, NY - Chelsea Art Galleries
Understanding Asymmetry in Architecture
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...