A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 136861 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1190 on: September 01, 2013 01:15:31 PM »

LovelyMiss, it turned out more than "kind of cute"!  Cheesy

Tanath, that reminds me, I have the same thing bumping around my craft room somewhere - a sort-of-felted pouch that I was never happy with the "strap" (I tried ribbon and a few other things and it never seemed right...).  Might be time to dig it up and try that solution!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
docnessie
« Reply #1191 on: September 01, 2013 01:23:42 PM »

Smeddley, those eyes are cool.  I must have missed your posts about making a knitted zombie costume, but I am going to look into that now because it sounds like such a fun idea.  I have been known to costume myself as a zombie as well, but knitting a costume takes it to a whole new level!

Lovelymiss, your hoop is very nice.  Cool fabric Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #1192 on: September 01, 2013 01:26:36 PM »

Smeddley, those eyes are cool.  I must have missed your posts about making a knitted zombie costume, but I am going to look into that now because it sounds like such a fun idea.  I have been known to costume myself as a zombie as well, but knitting a costume takes it to a whole new level!

Lovelymiss, your hoop is very nice.  Cool fabric Smiley

So far I've only posted the heart, I'm working on the GI tract and I need to find a good brain pattern.  I have NO idea what it'll look like when I finally get it together... I'm hoping to go for Zombie Knitting Granny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #1193 on: September 01, 2013 01:29:27 PM »

Aw, thanks, gals!  I was so...annoyed...by the point I finally gave in and made that hoop that its cuteness really did surprise me.  Cheesy

Eiseldora - your Sesame Street shirts/stencils turned out super cute.  What a clever idea for your yarn swift, too.  And oh my gosh, you made shoes!  That is so cool!

bunny1kenobi - your necklaces are so pretty, and I love that stenciled t-shirt!  Your Yoda card literally made me laugh out loud...I even had to show my s/o.  Grin

silentblair - I LOVE your Borg hat!  I'm still trying to get the gumption to jump into The Wheel of Time series, but my fiance is a big fan and giggled at your hoop!  Cheesy

felicitybaby - I like how you made your stepping stone!  What a good idea.  And your necklaces and that mug are great!  So cute!

Calabaza - I LOVE your huck weaving!  Sheesh, I really need to try that.  And your Doctor Who gloves!  From t-shirts?!  So amazing.  The dye resisted scarf is also cool!

Smeddley - holy smokes, you have been busy!  Your hoop is so funny!  And I love that house painting and your crocheted pi!  The little fairy house turned out adorable, and I like how subtle but absolutely recognizable your tea-wallet is...Kermit!  Your little monster drawing, stitch markers, and mug rug also turned out very cute.  I can't believe a real egg managed to survive so long!  Your little chicken and eye balls are awesome.  And a dice roller?!  I didn't even know that was a thing, but I'm pretty sure I want one now.

Tanath - I love how you used your kumihimo!  It makes a great strap for your super cute pouch.  
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013 06:43:04 AM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #1194 on: September 01, 2013 07:23:44 PM »

Final post from me, unless there's a rip in the time-space continuum and I get a hundred or so hours to work on my Research Project between now and tomorrow.  Poor, neglected research project...

Challenge/Battle/Alert: June Fandom (details)
Team/Ninja: Team S&M
Project Geekdom (if any): Science!
Bonus Points: Nerdy, Super Nerdy
Project Name: Beaded DNA pendant
Brief Description: What is more detailed or hidden than DNA?!  I've had this project pinned forever (eeep, Pinterest says "pinned 2 years ago"!!), and this was the right time to finally try it out.  Pretty simple, though not as quick as you might think (and me and wire... well, I'm just glad I still have both eyes!).
Project Picture:

Challenge/Battle/Alert: May Fandom (WIP)
Team/Ninja: Team S&M
Project Geekdom (if any): None
Bonus Points: None
Project Name: Tiara
Brief Description: I started this tiara back in... February, I think.  It was one of three - one that got completed (which was the one that I was actually making for a birthday) and the other is still a WIP (until I can find that wire I know I bought).  This one is different because I decided to try a ribbon base instead of the usual seed bead base, in part because the beads are more muted and I thought it would work better?  I'm still a little unsure, but it's DONE!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 01, 2013 10:52:13 PM »

Challenge: August Multimedia
Team/Ninja: Of Ships and Men
Project Geekdom (if any): Engineering
Bonus Points: Discovery Nerd Engineering
Project Name: Yarn Swift
Brief Description: I decided to use this challenge to create my own Yarn Swift. This involved purchasing items at Hardware store and improvising.

That is so cool, and *aaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhhhhhh!" I was at a yard sale today and there was a wooden round lazy-susan for $1. I probably could have talked them into .25. or at least .50. Wish I had seen your post sooner! Half the work was already done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 01, 2013 11:20:31 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: August: Randomizer: Alternate Reality (Geekdom: Japan)
Team/Ninja: Of Ships and Men
Project Geekdom (if any): Japan
Bonus Points: Discovery (my first Sumi-e painting); Nerdy (See Geekdom: Japan)
Project Name: Enso
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424545.msg5071558#msg5071558
Brief Description: It took about 20 practice attempts to get this one which I liked. My friend that does Sumi-e painting said it sometimes takes her 100 practice pieces to get the 1 good piece. This was done for the Book of Shadows swap as the "cover" section of my "Circles" section (Life as a circle dance, things go around and around, Dance, etc)
Project Picture:

(The enso is on the left. the "Air Magic" is also a hand drawing)

Challenge/Battle/Alert: August: Nerdy - Super Nerdy - "Spaceships" Of ships & men
Team/Ninja: Of Ships & Men
Project Geekdom (if any): Of Ships & Men
Bonus Points: Oops... I think "Super Nerdy" actually falls into this category.
Project Name: Hoopla
Project Page Link (if available): same link as above
Brief Description: Sitting on planet Earth, gazing up at the stars and moon, the universe floating by... waiting for the ship to appear and carry me away. "Beam me up, Scotty!" (It's also the very first hoopla I've ever done. Acrylic painting on fabric and the moon is Shisha-embroidered CD)
Project Picture:

There are also hand-made runes surrounding it. Would figure out a way to add those too but no time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 01, 2013 11:31:31 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: N/A
Project Geekdom (if any): Sadly: None
Bonus Points: Discovery: It's a gathering bag I designed.
Project Name: Gathering Bag
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: This is almost completely recycled. The metal pieces used to attach the handle and make it adjustable were purchased, and the brown ribbon used in the handles was purchased. The floral inner fabric and back of the handles are from an old sheet I've been gradually using up in projects for at least 10 years (it's gone now), and the denim is from a pair of jeans from the 2nd hand store. I almost didn't send it to my partner I love it so much. The pocket of course can be used as a pocket, and the inner part can be used for "gathering" herbs, roots, whatever. The small handle fits over the longer strap and will keep the bag closed so your stuff doesn't fall out. When actively gathering: unloop it and fill the bag. And of course the strap is adjustable so you can carry it over one shoulder or across body (my favorite option).
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 01, 2013 11:42:46 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: Sadly... it's not for me. Yet. Still haven't seen Dr. Who.
Project Geekdom (if any): TARDIS
Bonus Points: Nerdy + Super Nerdy Bonus
Project Name: Tardis!
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: When I made stitch markers before... my friend fell in love with them. So I'm finally finishing her Xmas 2012 gift: TARDIS stitch markers. And a TARDIS keyring for another friend. And a necklace for my cousin. And possibly a few extra sets of stitch markers for other friends and/or selling on etsy or whatever.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roke45
« Reply #1199 on: September 02, 2013 06:42:59 AM »

*Skids to a stop, breathing heavily, with an armload of craft - pretends to act casual.* "Oh, hey guys, long time no see!"

Challenge: July Multimedia (Companionship)
Team: Nerdy Ladies
Project Geekdom: Harry Potter
Bonus Points: Nerdy +Super Nerdy (Rowena Ravenclaw is the original nerdy lady!)
Project Name:Ravenclaw Mitts
Brief Description: A solitary mitt would be lonely without it's companion! These mitts are crocheted in bronze and blue (though I wish I had chosen my blue a little more wisely looking back) the colours of the Hogwarts house founded by Rowena Ravenclaw.

Challenge:July Randomizer (Our Ancestors)
Project Geekdom: None
Project Name: I wear your grandma's clothes - I look incredible.
Brief Description: I used a 'Retro Butterick' pattern to make this 50's jacket. It's gorgeously cosie like a Snuggy, but with actual style.

Challenge:June Randomizer (Zombies ate my brains)
Project Geekdom: None
Project Name: Not bad for a man in his jim-jams
Brief Description: I did a diploma in clothing production and work in clothing alterations so pattern making and sewing are pretty second nature at this point! I whipped up these sets of PJ pants with fabric from my stash... I'm really not sure why I would have camouflage print flannelette in my stash to start with (perhaps for night maneuvers?) but it definitely came in handy!

Challenge: May Wordy (Haiku)
Project Geekdom: Pacific Rim
Bonus Points: Nerdy + Super Nerdy (Mako Mori)
Project Name: Mako Mori Cameo
Brief Description: A felt and calico hoopla featuring Mako Mori from Pacific Rim. Now, on with the Haiku!

Lost in the ruins
Caught between metal and beast
Found myself drifting

Challenge: August Randomizer (Alternate Reality)
Project Geekdom: X-Men
Bonus Points: Nerdy + Super Nerdy (Rogue)
Project Name: Rogue Cameo
Brief Description: A felt and calico hoopla featuring Rogue from X-Men. I've seen (and enjoyed) most of the X-Men movies and even read a couple of issues, but there are just SO MANY different series and several decades worth of material to get straight so it's a fandom I've never really gotten too involved in!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ugly Christmas Sweaters Are a Hot Commodity
How to Care for Leather and Suede
Chris Brown Adds A Shirt With Him And Rihanna To Clothing Line
Victoria Beckham Vs Nicole Richie: Who Wore Balenciaga Sweater Best?
Hot Hair Trends For This Holiday Season
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...