A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,056
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Summer Nerd Games --May15, 2013-September 2, 2013--  (Read 141133 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1050 on: August 08, 2013 09:11:03 PM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: July Multimedia
Team/Ninja: Commercial Free All-Stars
Project Geekdom (if any):  N/A
Bonus Points: Discovery
Project Name: Bracelet set
Brief Description: I found some stone and shell beads on clearance so I decided to make my grandma a set of bracelets for her birthday. I tried stringing them together in at least 15 different patterns, but in the end I liked them best each on their own string.  The strands just twist together.  It was my first time making non-seed bead stretch bracelets and my knots kept popping out from the bead holes, but I think they still turned out pretty cute.  Sorry for the bad cell phone photo, but I'm sure you get the idea.  Wink

Project Picture:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013 12:21:40 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

2leftfeet
« Reply #1051 on: August 08, 2013 09:36:38 PM »

I-I've managed to overlook the craftalong boards in all my years of lurking on Craftster. I really hope there will be more Nerd Games in the fall, because all the geeky crafts here make me sooo happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss

« Reply #1052 on: August 08, 2013 10:33:33 PM »

Go team!  I love your flowery set, alwaysinmyroom!  The color combo is especially pretty.  I'd love to get a set like that...though one thing (of many) that I really dislike about our oven is that it doesn't have the type of handle where you can hang towels!  What a silly design flaw. 

Naantje - awesome job on your cover!  I haven't tried knitting in the round yet...it does seem intimidating!  Your post has given me a little hope that maybe I can do it, though.  Grin

Oh, do I know about the intimidation! Only too well! But really, don't be scared off, I don't find it much harder than regular knitting, I was surprised that it was relatively easy actually Smiley

Thanks!  I have the needles...now I just need to do it!  Wink

I-I've managed to overlook the craftalong boards in all my years of lurking on Craftster. I really hope there will be more Nerd Games in the fall, because all the geeky crafts here make me sooo happy!

There's talk over in the discussion thread of a scaled down version of the Nerd Games continuing this Fall!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1053 on: August 09, 2013 06:03:11 AM »

2leftfeet--yes, you must join us in the fall...we must continue our games...there is also the HP and the Newbie preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'craftalongs...something') for everyone!

Stop lurking and start playing! YAY!

Those bracelets are beautiful together...I especially love the large blue flat beads...they are gorgeous!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013 06:03:57 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1054 on: August 09, 2013 08:19:34 AM »

Thanks, Lovelymiss! I can't wait to finish it. I've been working on I almost exclusively (craft-wise) since May and there's only 137 days until Christmas gifts need to be made and delivered!

I really love the doll you did for the Uthando/Craftster challenge. Your write up is fabulous!  I forwarded the website link to my friends who are teachers in case they can add it into the Service Clubs/art classes activities roster.

Happy crafting!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013 12:22:24 PM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
LovelyMiss

« Reply #1055 on: August 09, 2013 11:17:29 PM »

Thanks, Lovelymiss! I can't wait to finish it. I've been working on I almost exclusively (craft-wise) since May and there's only 137 days until Christmas gifts need to be made and delivered!

I really love the doll you did for the Uthando/Craftster challenge. You're write up is fabulous!  I forwarded the website link to my friends who are teachers in case they can add it into the Service Clubs/art classes activities roster.

Happy crafting!

Thank you!  How wonderful that you passed on that information, too!  I have seen some awesome and touching stories online about students making dolls for the Uthando Project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft
« Reply #1056 on: August 10, 2013 02:37:26 AM »

Challenge: Craftster Anniversary
Team: Nerdy Ladies
Project Geekdom: I don't think it's any.
Bonus Points: None.
Project Name: Frida Kahlo inspired headpiece
Brief Description: When I was thinking about the Craftster Anniversary challenge, I remembered one of my favourite quotes from Frida Kahlo:

I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.

I think that this feeling that Frida is talking about kinda sums up why I enjoy posting projects on Craftster! We can share our strangeness and know that there *are* people out there like us! ~_^ So, inspired by Frida, I made this colourful flower headpiece using felt, hot glue, and an old headband. I think it turned out well! ^_^

Challenge: July Fandom
Team: Nerdy Ladies
Project Geekdom: Nerdy Ladies
Bonus Points: Geeky, Super Geeky
Project Name: Arnold the Pygmy Puff
Brief Description: Ginny brought Arnold from her brothers years and years ago, but he's about to head off to Hogwarts again, this time with a new little Weasley. He's a bit fatter and older now, but still just as cheeky ^_^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au')
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1057 on: August 10, 2013 06:18:45 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: 10th Anniversary Challenge
Team/Ninja: Team Mystery Lovers
Project Geekdom (if any): Shadowhunters!
Bonus Points: nerdy, discovery
Project Name: Shadowhunter rune bracelet
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426467.0#axzz2bZSGFGM0
Brief Description: I made this for a swap and I love it so much that I will be duplicating it (well, a couple of the runes might be different, I chose these ones based on the recipient's favorite ones) to wear to The City of Bones movie that opens soon!!
I drew the runes with a sharpie onto the wooden discs which had been sealed first with white glue to prevent the sharpie from feathering. (That was the discovery part... I had to use my imagination to figure out how to prevent sharpie from bleeding everywhere!) Then another coat of glue, then sealed finally with glossy acrylic spray.  The discs each have the same rune on both sides.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013 06:20:39 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1058 on: August 10, 2013 07:37:01 AM »

Challenge/Battle/Alert: August Fandom: "I have got to get me one of these!
Team/Ninja: Team S&M
Project Geekdom (if any): Steampunk
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Steampunk Burlesque skirt
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: My partner in the adult swap said she was fond of burlesque skirts - I found a pattern for a short steampunk style skirt with full bustle that I thought cutely fit the category. I can't wait to make one myself one! The apron will have to be shortened to get the look from the pattern picture. I'm betting the model they used must be extremely tall? The apron went nearly to my knees and on the pattern picture it was much shorter and more burlesque looking. It went below my partner's knees in her pictures but I think that is in part due to the pressing coming out completely in transit. Costume satin is not my favorite fabric! For me I'm making it in cotton and using a ton of starch.
Project Picture:
my pic before sending

my partner's pic

Challenge/Battle/Alert: August Randomizer: Alternate Reality
Team/Ninja: Team S&M
Project Geekdom (if any): Steampunk
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Steampunk lacy wrist warrmers
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Over the elbow, lacy wrist warmers to match the steampunk burlesque skirt.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #1059 on: August 10, 2013 09:22:35 AM »

Very pretty, Averia!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Hair Sticks
How to Use Bobby Pins to Make Three Cute Hairstyles
How to Transform Hair from Frizzy to Smooth
How to Tease Your Hair
How to Henna Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...