A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chainmaille Jewelry!  (Read 559 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2013 11:50:07 PM »

I'd like to tell you all right now that I apologize for the bad quality of the photos. My camera died. I made a nice little light box/tent, picked up my camera, and it refuses to turn on, regardless of how fresh the batteries are. I've tried every trick internet could give me that didn't involve physically abusing it (the darn thing wasn't safe from emotional abuse, but it's dead anyways, so it shouldn't matter what I yelled at it). Seriously though, there was one guy who swore any camera would start working again if you slapped it against the palm of your hand enough times after doing a few other nasty things to it. I just don't want to take that chance.

My boyfriend has a really nice camera somewhere, but we tore apart the garage (most of his stuff is out there, we're currently staying with his mother) and we can't find it. Apparently, he found his camcorder and says I can take great pictures with it, but it's still out there for some reason...

Anyways, on to the chainmaille!

...of course, the internet died literally just as I typed that...

There it goes! On to the chainmaille!

Here is a half persian bracelet I made. All the jewelry is made with 5/32 aluminum rings from theringlord.com

This is a boxchain choker. This took a lot of rings and a long time to make. It also hurt a lot...

Spiral Weave... I LOVE how this looks, but it un-spirals when you hold it up....you have to spin them before putting it on...

This one is Byzantine Weave. I think you need a smaller AR than I got in order for this too look good, but I like it anyways. I plan to make a long necklace (by which I mean a few inches longer than a choker) with smaller rings... Maybe even micro maille. I will hate myself afterward, but I love the smaller byzantine weave.

Some other things that aren't necessarily jewelry, but I don't know where else to put them:

Chainmaille dragon. He is awesome. My boyfriend wants to keep him.

Ironman "Whirlybird". I've made a few of these:

And a keychain:

Anyways. There you go. I just haven't posted anything in a while because for some reason I don't like posting the camera phone pictures. Hope you like them anyways!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013 06:08:08 PM by I Sew Cute - Reason: modified to comply with craftster's rules. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013 07:57:38 AM »

I found Byz looks better in smaller rings, but as you know, it can be a right pain when you go down too small. It just amazes me that the Ring Lord is based in Saskatchewan, of all places. I'm looking on the Maille Artisans site for a nice weave for a bracelet with rubber rings in.

I like your 'theme' captures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
SiFi Mom

I own too many beads!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013 06:00:01 AM »

Nice work, I especially like the dragon.  He would make a great necklace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom, aka Nancy
Crafting is my mental therapy!
TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013 04:54:10 PM »

Next time I order rings, I'm going to get smaller ones because I love Byzantine and would like to make some more.

If you want to see some amazing dragon necklaces, check here: http://serenfey.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0

This guy is my inspiration to make chainmaille dragons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple Crumble Recipe
How to Make Sunday Dinner Part 1/3
How to Make Sunday Dinner Part 2/3
How to Make Sunday Dinner Part 3/3
How to Make Chorizo Burgers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...