A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: CHANEL Knockoff Bag..Picture Heavy ^__^  (Read 159112 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leftylaska
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2007 07:55:36 AM »

I agree THIS ROCKS!  Saw this tute along time ago and just now had time to make. Wish my camera was working. If I get it fixed or a new one I will post a pic. of the finished product. I love carrying it and feel only RICH RICH RICH. The problem with the other writer was CAN"T SEW.  TOO Bad so SAD...Great Tute, Thanks So Much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beeshebags
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2008 01:21:33 PM »

Great tutorial hun.....I've often wondered how to do "mock" quilting and have it look good, and this tute showed me just how to, so many kudos to you for doing it.  Hugs Naomi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CeruleanEyes

Looking for a Swappers Anonymous program....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2008 07:09:37 PM »

Awesome!  The quilting is my favorite part.  It looks really good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I totally stole that from your wist!!  Thank you! Cheesy

My Wist- http://www.wists.com/CeruleanEyes
starshinex3
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2008 08:21:38 PM »

that is definately really cool! veryy nice!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tshirtwhore
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2008 01:54:33 PM »

That's so cool that you can do that from a picture.
Heck, it's cool that you can do it at all!
I think it looks really great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IchigoHeaven
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2008 07:00:27 PM »

I want it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mingaling88
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2008 09:03:15 PM »

HI! I saw your post, and I was already thinking of making a bag. I already have two "real" chanel's but I need something that I can fit EVERYTHING into. so I saw your post, and another person that made like a message bag thing and this is what I came up with...

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=94157
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=94155
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=94159
Just to tell you I LOVE IT. At first I thought the fact that I was carrying around a fake as hell chanel would bother me, but I dont care. I can fit everything I need in here, and a little more!
and to the person saying that carrying around a handmade Chanel is like showing that your poor, ugghh GET A LIFE. like seriously. if the only thing your gonna post is saying that 'your making yourself look poor', just dont post at all. if you posted something you made, and we all said it made you look like crap, how would you feel?

To leave on a positive note, knockoff handmade chanels ROCK!!

Ah I'm so glad someone else here read that awful post from before! I wasn't trying to fit in when i made this back in grade 12.  I decided to make one because I love Chanel but can't afford to shell out over $1000 for a REAL one! I love walking into those designer stores..but I hate how I'm treated there (I'm not planning on stealing anything so they don't need to look at me like I'm trash!) Anyways I'm glad to hear that other crafters have attempted to create this bag.  It takes a bit of work but the end result is wonderful! I'm happy that you guys enjoy wearing them too Smiley

After 2 yrs its nice to see people are still interested in this!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008 07:15:04 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Please remove img tags when quoting - thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing skills have improved so much since I first came here back in 2004... ^_^
mingaling88
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2008 09:09:31 PM »

If you choose to follow this, remember kids, REAL Chanel bags are made of leather, never fabric(at least never that I have seen, I would assume a fabric one was fake), they have piping on the triangle in the corner(another giveaway), the straps are bound leather(yet another), and chanel bags ARE NOT TOTES, they are in fact actually bags with bases, basically else aside-everybody will know its a fake.
Chanel bags are status symbols, it is a symbol of money.  By wearing a FAKE Chanel bag, you tell people that you are poor but wish you were rich.  the "cool kids" you are trying to emulate, will know, trust me(unless you live in the middle of nowhere, I suppose, in which case enjoy yourself), and you will in fact be further scorned for trying way too hard.
Consider, when you tote this bag around, that you are not showing that you have money, you are showing that you wish really hard that you were cool.  You will get much more respect for creating your own style that doesn't involve copyright violations.

Not sure if you noticed, but most people who have tried to create this bag are not "kids".  Why can't people just make things for themselves because they LIKE IT? Why do you think we're trying to emulate the "cool kids"??  If you have nothing nice to say then GET OFF MY THREAD!!! Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing skills have improved so much since I first came here back in 2004... ^_^
Impshlady

I wish i had eight arms...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2008 06:28:56 AM »

If you choose to follow this, remember kids, REAL Chanel bags are made of leather, never fabric(at least never that I have seen, I would assume a fabric one was fake), they have piping on the triangle in the corner(another giveaway), the straps are bound leather(yet another), and chanel bags ARE NOT TOTES, they are in fact actually bags with bases, basically else aside-everybody will know its a fake.
Chanel bags are status symbols, it is a symbol of money.  By wearing a FAKE Chanel bag, you tell people that you are poor but wish you were rich.  the "cool kids" you are trying to emulate, will know, trust me(unless you live in the middle of nowhere, I suppose, in which case enjoy yourself), and you will in fact be further scorned for trying way too hard.
Consider, when you tote this bag around, that you are not showing that you have money, you are showing that you wish really hard that you were cool.  You will get much more respect for creating your own style that doesn't involve copyright violations.

sounds like this person is terrified that normal people are able to use their talents and creativity to achieve something previously only available to the very affluent.
If anyone can make a bag (and a Chanel bag is after all just a bag at the end of the day) then maybe they feel it devalues their super valuable desirable amazingly expensive bag.
Also if you have made them look at their Chanel bag and just see bunch of fabric and thread and handbag hardware, instead of a magical item that can transform them into a supermodel just by owning it, that must have been quite a shock. "I spent how much?!?!"  Shocked

Nice of them to point out all the key features of a "genuine bag" too, it means all future knock off's will now be really accurate!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beezus71
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2008 07:51:01 AM »

I looked at the profile for the person who left that mean/unnecessary post- they have not been active on this site since they left it. They must have decided craftster wasn't for them. Besides, she has many facts wrong. There are PLENTY of Chanels made of fabric- and yes, they do make totes (I know, I am a fashion mag junky- have subs to harpers, w, etc- I know my brands, even if I can't afford any of it).People have weird motivations for things they do, that even they might not understand. But really, that post was just mean.

Besides what girl doesnt love a chanel, real or otherwise (I am a head to toe tattooed psychology graduate student who thrifts or makes nearly everything I wear- and i have tons of "chanel" jewelry that I have gotten at swap meets, etc- they look great with my 40's dresses and granny glasses!)

I thought the bag  was v. sweet, keep it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fun Fall Facials
How to Make a Milk Bath
5 Easy Makeup Tricks to Look Instantly Awake
4 Steps to a Luxe Smoky Eye
8 Steps to Perfectly Defined Eyebrows
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...