A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Intimate swap?/ Grab bag-ish swap  (Read 2061 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TabaRhodes
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005 04:04:30 PM »

cool! i am in rio rancho close to albuquerque.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005 05:38:24 PM »

This is a cool idea.  One way to run it would be to have the interested party just PM three people that s/he is interested in getting to know more.  That way, you can steer toward the "Super Swappers" who have completed a ton of swaps, and you can hand-pick people whose work you like.

I guess the down side is, if you don't get picked, you don't get picked; there would be no way to ensure that everyone interested gets into a swap.  (Unless each person who really wants to, takes the initiative to start new intimate swaps.)  At the same time, it would eliminate the akwardness if more than four people signed up publicly, and then some had to be left out.

I speak as someone who's just getting into a couple new swaps, so I'm not trying to weasle in!   Wink  However, in the future, I would be way, way interested in trying something like this!

Just one note - not trying to be a brat, but when I saw "Intimate Swap," I wondered if this meant "adult-content!"  Perhaps a different name would be in order?  (What does it say about me that I clicked on it anyway, thinking what I did??   Embarrassed)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emerald6
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005 08:10:05 PM »

oooh, i like this idea! here's my idea for how to organize it:

- by area - as mentioned, shipping can get pricey, especially over the borders.  so, perhaps the organizer sets up, say one group for each corner of the country, one for canada, or other countries, and include somewhere for people who dont have a problem shipping anywhere.  sign up would be on a first come, first serve basis, and extra groups could be made up as needed.   think that there would be an ititial organizer of this, and then a member of each foursome would take over as sort of deputy organizer.  ie, someone would become organizer of 'the intimate swap: southern states'

does that make sense? i

THIS ROCKS   Logged
TabaRhodes
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005 08:32:15 PM »

great idea emerald!!

and writer: i thought the same thing about intimate swap lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
icrispyi

Trying to build swap karma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005 09:54:28 PM »

this sounds rather interesting.

but i'm not too clear on what would be done amongst this small group.

would each participant list her/his likes and then the other participants would each craft something for her/him based on that list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gotta build good swap karma!

My Crafter-Stalker Cheat Sheet:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cmhkorn/319720.html
princessandthebead
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005 07:32:33 AM »

When I read the description of what we would do in the swap, I got the idea that we would be helping out partner get to know us.  Like if I was paired with you icrispyi  I would send you things that represent me ie jewerly that I make, my recipes and maybe cookies, altered things, as well as, bath products that I make  and then also incorporate it into things that you like.  Am I kinda right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUSHIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
Writer78
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005 07:55:40 AM »

Reading that, princessandthebead, I want to be in your Intimate Swap!!  (It helps that I'm madly in love with that book thong you sent me...)

Yeesh, this craft swap stuff is addictive!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessandthebead
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005 08:40:40 AM »

I would love being your partner Writer.  I always love everything that you post no matter where I read it.  Also, you know that I love the fact that you are an encourager.  ~thinks about sending her cookies when she sends out cookies for her cookie swap~  I have really become attached to you and Flareon.  I am also so DAMNED addicted to this swapping stuff! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUSHIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005 11:05:25 AM »

Well, I hadn't really thought of sending stuff to the other partner that we like (IE: me sending a decoupage box of my favorite artist)....but that sounds like a good idea too Wink I was thinking more along the lines of like we have a set of questions to answer, or we just ask each other stuff to get to know one another, and once you think you know enough to make them something you know they'd like, you go ahead and get started. And the process would continue until you knew what all three people would like.

And I did read the great idea of like sub organizers! I think that would be WONDERFUL! Because I do know that more people would probably be interested in this one, and it would be unfair to leave someone out.

And I wasn't thinking "intimate" in the way of ...well you know. But it did cross my mind and I thought it might 1) catch attention and 2)  express what I was trying to get across because there would only be like 4 people total in the swap.

I still need to read the criteria for swap organizers again to see if I can organize some of the ideas I came up with, but I still don't think I'm elligible since I am only just NOW involved in my first swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
TabaRhodes
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005 11:15:24 AM »

another thought for this swap: if there are onl 4 people, we could stretch the swap out over 3 months, and each month by a certain day you send a package to one of the other 3 people in the swap.....just a thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Digital Scrapbook
How to use Pen Tool in Photoshop
Creating a Hologram in After Effects
How To Use A Camera In After Effects
How to Outline Fonts in Adobe Illustrator
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...