A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 307,938
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: STAR Labs Stencilled Hoodie  (Read 381 times)
Tags for this thread: comics , superhero , clothing , the_flash , dc_comics  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grufflepuff
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 27, 2016 09:00:25 AM »

Not long after my partner and I started watching The Flash, I decided that I needed a STAR Labs sweatshirt like the ones they're constantly wearing on the show (in the first season, anyway: I think they've stopped wearing them as much in the later seasons). Because at the time (and possibly even now? I haven't gone looking or anything) the only way to get a STAR Labs sweatshirt was to win the Fan of the Week contest, I decided to make my own. Aaaand, since I prefer zip-up hoodies to crew-neck sweatshirts, I figured I might as well make something I'd enjoy wearing.

If you're in this forum, you know the drill: I found a copy of the STAR Labs logo, printed it out, traced it onto some freezer paper, cut out the stencil, ironed it down, and went to town. The edges aren't as sharp as I would have liked. Maybe one day I'll ask for one of those die-cutting machines and get some iron-on vinyl, but overall, I'm happy with how this turned out. I've gotten quite a few questions about it and compliments on it.

The logo on the back. I probably could have made it much bigger, but I still like how it turned out.

Aaand the front. I thought it needed a little something here, so I cut out a smaller version of the logo, without the text, and stencilled it on.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for poly-clay earrings: one bacon, one fried egg. Also, a mishmash of red/orange/gold bracelets--beaded, braided, bangles, whatever! If you have the supplies, let's talk! (Please?) I'll swap all kinds of things in return!

http://www.pinterest.com/kaeorin
kwality570
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016 06:51:43 AM »

I LOVE The Flash.  I'm excited for the Undercover Fandom swap because I want to request some S.T.A.R. Labs swag. Smiley
Great job on this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book
A Little Birdie Told Me

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...