A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Juicy Couture Jewel Flats!  (Read 911 times)
Tags for this thread: shoes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sisteroo
« on: July 20, 2011 10:57:51 AM »

So I have a pair of black flats that one of the Sisteroos (Lawyer) bought me a few years ago. They had their fair share of time in the spotlight, but have found themselves forgotten in more recent months. With the Sisteroo challenge of the week, I decided to give these shoes a chance to shine again--and hopefully find their way out of the bottom of my shoe pile. With a little bling on the front toe, these shoes learned that forgotten doesn't have to be forever.

I knew these shoes needed some help and I had recently seen some gorgeous Juicy Coture shoes that were fashionable and classy at once. I went to the local craft store to find some toe bling and couldn't find anything I liked that was reasonably priced. I thought where can I find some inexpensive, occasionally cute, and hopefully not broken jewelry? And of course I knew the answer: Forever 21.

I happened to have husband with my on this outing, so the poor chap had to witness and serve as accomplice to my shoe cobbling experiment. I raced over to the jewelry section, took off my shoe, and began grabbing any and all pieces of jewelry that I saw. Given the lack of shopping carts at shopping malls (it's a crime of shopping to deny me a cart) I employed the assistance of husband hands to carry the mounds of jewelry I found. I'm sure the other customers found amusement with the barefoot girl holding up jewelry to her shoe accompanied by a dazed/confused man holding a pirates booty of jewelry. But the hard work was worth it--despite the fact that you cannot find matching jewelry at Forever 21, their bracelets are big enough to provide accommodations for two shoes. I finally settled on a lovely black triangle bracelet and we traveled home with my plunder.

From there things were pretty simple:
1) Cut off the buckle
2) Removed the stitching to the strap
3) Shined my shoes down
4) Broke apart the bracelet
5) Sewed together two five piece sets (and super glued the individual pieces together to ensure additional security)
6) Hand stitch the five piece sets onto the front of each shoe and voila! The old forgotten pair of days past is now a fresh, fun, and fantastic wear!

For full post http://www.sisteroo.com/2011/06/blingy-black.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011 01:00:26 PM by MareMare - Reason: to add images and comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged
egg_salady
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014 05:08:53 PM »

I like your shoes much better than the originals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Thanksgiving Pie Mixes Pumpkin & Pecan Together!
Santa Hat Cupcake
How to Make Rice Krispie Turkey Legs
How To Make An Apple Cobbler Crisp
Gordon’s Ramsay’s Vanilla Shortbread Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...