A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: American Girl Doll Swap  (Read 1911 times)
Tags for this thread: doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plaidpineapple
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013 11:16:19 AM »

Sharalee asked for some assistance in changing a post to this gallery- I have tried to figure out how to do it but am having no luck.  So please pop over to our normal active swap  post to see the wonderful details of fluttermuffins package to Sharalee.  It is superb!    I especially love the mice and the cleaning outfit! 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421467.40#axzz2Rgl9KqGY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013 09:25:51 AM »

Thanks for trying "plaidpinapple" !! I had so much trouble getting those pics in, then I put them on the wrong thread, Gee whiz,  Oh Well LOL!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Partner/
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Partners/
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges
fluttermuffin
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013 12:47:08 PM »

here is the lovely Cinderella set that I (my Emily Rose) received from Sharalee....  made me truely giggle when I realized that we both crafted Cinderella sets for each other... without even knowing it.  CMTA "creative minds think alike"
love this work dress... and the sweet little apron

and the bloomers and camisole set... such sweet little lace trim

the pink Cinderella dress.... the pink is perfect with Emily's complexion

the details are precious.... her pearl tiara

... and hand sewn slippers

I love the classic vintage look of these outfits.  Sharalee, you are a wiz at sewing.  Thank you!!!

on a side note, I found my lovely little Emily Rose (an 18" Madame Alexander doll) at the thrift store for $4.00.  just HAD to bring her home. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluttermuffin
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013 02:08:22 PM »

finally had a chance to scroll through all the awesome AG goodies here....

*plaidpinapple - what a cute garment bag, I bookmarked the link to make hangers, thanks.  Plus the hoodie and jeans are just too cool.  you did a great job.
*mom2em - I absolutely adore the MM ears and the little school set... the pet set is fun and am keeping the gymnastic set in mind for a birthday gift for my granddaughter.
*Dustyfro - I am in love with that flapper dress set.  the necklace and hat pulls it all together nicely... too cute.
*Sharalee- you know how I'm partial to your Cinderella set you sent me.... adorable.

just FYI, my daughter helped me with a couple things in my package.  She made the bucket for me as well as the little hats she sewed on Gus-gus and Jaq the mice.  I made the mop out of a thin dowel, some cotton twine and hot glue... easy.

can't wait for the next AG doll clothes swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013 02:18:46 PM »

Sharalee- great job on the Cinderella set!  I especially love the Tiara and shoes.  And the heart on the patch for the work dress.  Not to mention the great undergarments with all of that lace. Such attention to details.

Fluttermuffin-what a find -$4 for your doll she looks to be in amazing condition.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013 08:00:58 AM »

Oh my "fluttermuffin" Thanks for all the sweet comments!! It was a labor of love!! I love your Cinderella Set too!!  It's Awesome!!  Your Daughter did great in helping!! The bucket is cool & those mice are so cute & rattle too! Did you have a pattern for both of them or just made it up? I all most made you a broom but was running out of time & wasn't to sure how to do it. It would have probably been something like yours, but a broom instead of a mop.
That's so cool you found your Emily Rose so cheap!! Great buy!! Is she a little smaller than the American Girl doll?  I usually add a little extra fabric to my outfits because sometimes it's so tight sometimes, I like the outfits to be a little bigger so the clothes go on easier & especially for kids to have it easier to dress them. For Emily Rose's pink dress around her neck you could put some lace to hide it from drooping I all most did but on my Doll it was tighter & I didn't want to make it to small. I use my American Girl patterns for my Poppets & adjust them to fit also, it helps.

"plaidpineapple" Thanks so much for all the nice comments!! I loved making them!! I had so much fun!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges
dustyfro
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013 11:13:20 PM »

Thanks for posting the pictures, plaidpineapple.  I am having a time getting the memory card read by this computer...I don't think the slot is made for it.  I need to get out the camera cord.
It's so strange to see the clothes I made on a different doll, because I was trying them on mine the whole process Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Book reviews and blog:  http://froregon.blogspot.com
wists list: http://www.wists.com/froregon

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein
dustyfro
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013 10:52:39 AM »

Found the cord!  Here are some pictures of Addy wearing the outfit I got from plaidpineapple!

Super cute pockets on these skinny jeans!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013 10:53:40 AM by dustyfro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Book reviews and blog:  http://froregon.blogspot.com
wists list: http://www.wists.com/froregon

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein
Sharalee

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013 08:54:54 AM »

Super cute!! Love those jeans the detail is great! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use a Smoker Box
How to Cook Pork Ribs
How to Make a Herb Garden
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs
How to Make Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...