A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,885
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP 43 - All Around the Maypole - Beltane Gallery  (Read 5720 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2013 12:06:18 AM »

Today my tremendously awesome swap goodies from hawkeyes_girl arrived!  Like I said in the prior post, they had absolutely perfect timing.  Today has been so perfect, and truly feeling like spring!

Here's the group shot:

Everything is just so gorgeous!  I should have gotten pictures before I started opening stuff up, but I couldn't resits diving right in. 

A lovely rune set, complete with zipper bag- I adore the fabric! 
What type of wood are they made of?  They are just gorgeous, and feel wonderful.  I can't wait to really get into using them.  I love rune sets!

We did a bonus swap together too- She made me some totally amazing lotions and potions.  Wink 
Not pictured is a solid bar of beer-infused shampoo.  I assure everyone, it is delightful.  If you have seen Brave, you know what Merida's hair is like.  Well, mine is dirty blond/light brown instead of red and just slightly shorter.  Yes.  It goes EVERYWHERE.  Well, the shampoo was great for it, and made is very soft.  Love it!

I also delved into the Achy-Breaky lotion, and it is wonderful on sore joints and muscles.  Mmmm Smiley  I haven't yet tried the tincture, but it smells good- as does the Cold and Flu tea.  As soon as I finish my glass off water I'm going to try and make some of the tea. 

The All Purpose salve smells so good, and feels AWESOME on my dry hands.  Love the lavender, and you can't go wrong with tea tree (unless it gets in your eye- long standing joke with a friend and myself...).  Wink 

A really cool belt for festivals/camping etc.  It looks super cute, and I love the concept behind it!  Great idea for putting pockets from retired pants to use.  The batik fabric is awesome too. 
And the headband- more beautiful batik and it actually goes really well with this cute wrap skirt I found in the swap box on Monday!  Cheesy  I think I may wear at least the headband to first time homebuyer class tomorrow. 

May Pole Candle!  I love the orange ribbons.  Smiley  Plus, look at the moonstone on top- it is a beautiful ring!  (That I couldn't seem to get a good picture of.  I'm the queen of blurry pictures tonight for close ups.)  It's amazing- the wire wrap is so neat, and silver!  I've actually been wearing it since snapping that picture.  Moonstone is one of my favorites. 

A May Queen Crown of forsythia.   Grin  How did you know the forsythia is one of the spring plants I miss the most from back East?  It's so cheerful and embodies one of the first flowers of spring that I remember from growing up. 

OH COOL! 
A really amazing necklace with mother of pearl beads that are shaped like shark teeth.  It looks great on too!  I wish my boyfriend was around, I would have included a true shot of me with it on to show how nice it looks!  It's really wild and cool, and me!  Cheesy 

Plus some beautiful decorative wire designs.  I really want to incorporate them in some sort of mobile this summer! 

Thank you so very much- I do love everything.  You really hit the nail on the head for things I enjoy, I just can't get over the fabric you used on the headband, pouch, and belt too.  Lovely!  Everything is just wonderful.   Grin  You were a great partner- crafting for you was a blast, and I couldn't be happier with everything!  Thank you a million times over! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2013 10:11:47 AM »

That forsythia wreath is so realistic looking, it's like it was just cut from the bush! I've come to take springtime forsythia for granted, and I forgot that it's a southern and eastern thing. Pussywillows just aren't as cheerful, however nice they may be. (I grew up just south of the Yukon border, so I'm very familiar with your climate, Listessa!)

And beer-infused solid shampoo? It makes me wish I still had hair to wash! Grin

Wulf

PS: Don't forget that today is the absolute last day to sign up for the Book of Shadows Swap. Come join us!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2013 01:04:19 PM »

Aw thanks Wulf!

I don't think I'll be joining the BOS swap this time but I think I'll stalk for now. I love seeing what this group does!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
whileitsraining
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2013 06:44:46 AM »

Great package!  Love that utility belt!  I think I will have to make some of those for myself and my girls Smiley  

Organizer's Note- I think we are just waiting on one more package to make its way home Smiley  I have updated the feedback so all but one should have a free spot to sign up for more swaps lol  Grin
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013 04:13:31 PM by whileitsraining » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2013 07:04:33 AM »

You're right, Ani, those utility belts would be brilliant for kids. Boys, girls, any age - you can keep changing the style, size and look of the pouches to keep up with their likes and activities. Could include holders for a water bottle, notebook, cell phone, change, water pistol, ray gun, zombie-killing axe, time machine - you name it! And if they're the right age, you could teach them to make pouch mock-ups out of bristol board, to design ones that are just right for what they're doing. Then when they're sure it's right, a helpful parent can re-create the pouches in fabric. The design process itself might be more fun than wearing the utility belt

Wulf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazgirl1981

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2013 03:55:20 PM »

I received today from P_E_S_T, and it was so worth the wait. I cried it was so beautiful!! I feel like I owe her something amazing. Truly, I love every single piece.
First there is the card and it had a kitty on it, so I thought I would share.

And here are all my packages, labelled and ready to go. She gave titles to each package, which I love.

Parcel#1 - "she birthed a landscape" This is so beautiful in person. I truly cannot even describe.

Parcel #2 - May the ribbons catch hold of the words and weave their way into your life. I have hung these on the "tree" by my altar and they are so beautiful.

Parcel #3 - because your "words" inspire me She used a quote from my about me blurb, and it is beautiful. The text reads I can say things to you in writing that I will never say aloud.

Parcel #4 - A gift to help you birth something new - A loom to make flowers. I can't wait to try it out.

I love every bit and if you want to see more I am going to post more photos to my blog. I am overwhelmed by the awesome. Thank you so much Jolene, you are an amazing partner and I feel blessed to have gotten to swap with you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2013 04:13:00 PM »

What an amazing package P_E_S_T! I love how they have their own titles.  That felted goddess is stunning! It looks super soft and textured Smiley  Great Work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2013 09:02:45 PM »

I'm just so so so pleased it all arrived in one piece. Gosh did it take its time xxx I love that you hung those ribbons on a tree, and I'm Hugely touched thAt you welcomed my parcel with tears.
This has to be one of the best bits About craftster - that our labours are met with appreciation rather than the stifled grunt I often get from well meaning family !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Learn Graffiti Art
How to Do Grafitti Clothing
How to Sketch a Nose
How to Draw 3D Letters
Introduction to Watercolor Painting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...