A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
778 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP 43 - All Around the Maypole - Beltane Gallery  (Read 5140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013 12:07:56 AM »

Thanks, mandykaye! 

Truth be told that sort of beading, counted cross stitch and stuff like that really relax me.  Wink 
Sewing and stuff is ok, but the counting stuff is my before bed craft.

Free form patterning things like embroidery kind of freak me out.   The only one I'm any good at is rug hooking and I haven't done that in more than 10 years. (My stuff is still at my mom's.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013 04:21:40 PM »

I've already received my package from whileitsraining! It didn't quite make it for Beltane, but very close!

First off, the extras:

Three pendants, with a spool of extra thong for wearing them. I especially love the blue marble clutched by fierce-looking talons:

Then in the same psychedelic green pouch, this incredible altar cloth. (The colours are the "maypole" theme, it seems.)

It not only contains a rainbow of fun fabrics, but is virtually a sample-book of cool trims:

Nothing says "Bringin' in the May" like giant rickrack and red tiger print! I get a bit giddy just looking at this! Grin

And finally, in its own little pouch:

This lovely wooden Green Man dish is apparently the last-minute replacement for the "real" piece which refused to stop being sticky. I love it - a classic case of the second time being the charm!

Thanks for all of this, Ani - it's a wonderful haul, and I'm going to put the cloth and dish to good use right away.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013 06:40:07 PM »

Awesome alter cloth!  The theme translated so well with it! 
Plus that wooden bowl is gorgeous too.  Smiley 
Great swap!

I feel really badly, I couldn't make it to the Post Office to check the mail today before they shut the package window down.  My doctor appointment ran too long, so I couldn't make it across town to look.  Sad 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
mandykaye
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013 10:57:00 PM »

Oooh! Nicely done Ani! Great stuff so far! (As usual Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013 11:48:35 PM »

Just updating, I'm not ignoring my PO Box...  Nothing just yet.  Maybe it's delayed by stupid snowy weather.  My PO box partner is waiting on a package that was sent last Thursday as well, so I really think the delay is on the post office end of things. 

Every day one of us calls the other and determines which of us checked the box and weather there is a package (or two) or not.  It's kind of entertaining!   

ETA- I just wanted everyone to know, so you guys don't think I'm being rude and not sharing what I got!!  I love showing off cool stuff!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013 11:49:30 PM by Listessa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013 04:24:04 PM »

I received today and have taken pictures.  It is all fabulous! I need to find my cable to connect my phone to my computer and then I will post. 

Great package Mandy.   That crochet pattern is beautiful!  Love your yarn choice as well Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
whileitsraining
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013 08:03:58 PM »

Ok here is my fabulous package from Wulf. 

First is a pillow that has a sachet in it of rosebuds and hops. It smells so good! In fact the entire package smelled great.  The back side has a button closure that I can use to replace the sachet when needed.  The front side has a GORGEOUS embroidered pentacle on it.  I love that fact that this item started out as something completely different. 

Here is my extra goodies.  The newest Witches' Almanac ( I LOVE these!) A handmade candle which smells great even if we don't know what the scent is.  This candle is suppose to burn for 3 days!  And also some incense, I have never seen incense like this before.  Its like twisted/braided strings? It smells great too, I can't wait to use it. 

Thank you for such a lovely package!  I am glad you enjoyed yours as well. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Listessa

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013 12:15:25 AM »

Oh my gods!!!!  That scented pillow is so gorgeous!  What a cool idea.  Cheesy 
Awesome package! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013 08:38:19 AM »

I'm glad you like it, Ani! The string incense is something I've just discovered. It's basically twisted paper impregnated with scent (and I think something like saltpetre to keep it burning). I like it because it not only has a nice scent but it burns quite quickly and doesn't fill the room with smoke. I have no idea how you're supposed to hold it while it burns - I use a small roach clip Lips sealed but I'm sure there must be some traditional Tibetan gadget.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2013 08:55:29 AM »

I have no idea how you're supposed to hold it while it burns - I use a small roach clip Lips sealed but I'm sure there must be some traditional Tibetan gadget.

Wulf

That's funny! I used a metal binder clip.  It worked well since it has a flat bottom and I can use the "arms" to hold the incense upright while it burns  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bobo Haha from Generator Rex
How to Draw Botasky from Apocalypse Meow
How to Draw Generator Rex
Post-Childhood Prodigies
Post-Childhood Prodigies - What Happens to Them When They Grow Up?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...