A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP 43 - All Around the Maypole - Beltane Gallery  (Read 5084 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013 06:43:20 PM »

The hairclips are really pretty.

Listessa made me a very cool package. I didn't get pics of the extras, I traded her stuff for photos of Alaska for my Mr. He loves Alaska and all things related. She got amazing calendars and really cool aurora and sleddog photos! And a beautiful landscape.

Anywho, here's my loot!

Almost all of it together

Triquetra dragonfly earrings.

A Beltane May Pole Pen!
Action shot in wind:

Detail of beading:

Dragonflies and triquetra!

Detail of the leather deerskin bag she made by hand and inside: different spell pouches with all the ingredients needed for protection and healing spells. She added in a bunch of oils from a neat company that makes such things like Beltane and Helping Hands oils!

Here's the "may pole" on my pre-beltane altar!

Also I got a beautiful card I neglected to take a pic of so far.....whoops!

Anywho, eveyrthing was so wonderful and she really took my tastes into account for my items. I am ever so happy and thankful! This package made my day.....also I already wore the earrings for ritual tonight. Thank you!
Also forgot to mention; the "mama" bag that holds everything is also decorated in protection/healing stones around the top! She is absolute awesomesauce!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013 08:28:31 PM »

A Maypole Pen! What a fab idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013 11:11:45 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything!!! 
I'll tell my coworker that you like his photos.  Smiley  He is a truly excellent photographer, and such a sweetheart. 
I'm glad you like the calenders too- I have a copy of the glacier one hanging up in my apartment too.  They have great shots every year.

Check out the back of the card too- it has a recipe printed on it.  The people who print those cards do catering as a "day job," so they add some of their favorite dishes on the back of the cards. 

Cheesy  I'm seriously thrilled that you like everything so much!
The crafts were really great to make, particularly since I love your color choices.  I'm really into greens and blues too.  I have many friends and family members who are purple people, so I felt super purpled-out after crafting for holidays and birthdays.  This was SO refreshing!

Your May Pole Pen wrap is even my own design.  Smiley  It was the very first time I have ever created a pen wrap, so it was extra special!  The others I have made were all purchased/freebie patterns.  It was a bit of a learning curve, but a lot of fun figuring out how to make a seamless pattern that wasn't perfectly even diamonds!   I refuse to admit how long it took me to wrap my mind around the seamless concept for designing too.  I swear it was the cold and cold medicine during that lost week.

The other bead pieces came from patterns I found online, but they were all in other languages.  Thank the gods for good illustrations and Google Translate!  Cheesy 

I'm really, REALLY happy you like the bag with spell components too!  I hope they work for you.  I did actually leave them out in the moonlight the night before sending too, so they might have gotten a little boost. 

Your alter is so pretty!  Happy Beltane!  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013 04:21:29 AM »

Listessa, I can't imagine how hard it must be to follow one of those beading patterns, and to do it via Google Translate and on cold medicine... Shocked

Your beading is amazing, and I love the colour of the deerskin on the bag.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazgirl1981
AlphaBetsy Bomber

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013 12:52:30 PM »

I realized I never bookmarked the gallery, oops.

Love the fox totem painting and the hanging maypole. Gorgeous.

Also love the dragonfly earrings and the maypole pen.

Blessed Beltane All!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013 12:57:11 PM »

Amazing beading Listessa!  I cannot imagine translating foreign language beading charts!  I have tried to do it with some crochet patterns and can only do the simplest ones.  Love the maypole pen sleeve!  What an amazing package <3 Great work!

Also just want to put some in some linky love for a fun swap http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422949.msg5027584#msg5027584 This is the Gathered Roots Herbalism Swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013 03:48:29 PM »

I am so happy you all like my painting. And you Many of course!

Got an super awesome package from Mandy,

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013 06:28:16 PM »

Oooh, purty! Grin  What herbs didja get?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013 07:13:32 PM »

Amazing beading Listessa!  I cannot imagine translating foreign language beading charts!  I have tried to do it with some crochet patterns and can only do the simplest ones.  Love the maypole pen sleeve!  What an amazing package <3 Great work!

Also just want to put some in some linky love for a fun swap http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422949.msg5027584#msg5027584 This is the Gathered Roots Herbalism Swap Smiley

Thanks! Cheesy 
Beading translates so much more easily- I could sort of guess at most of the written technique parts and fudge the info I needed on thread length, colors, etc- the main parts were illustrated with really clear charts so I lucked out. 

I'm going to watch your herbalism swap to see what everyone ends up doing!

LA-Fairy- That's so gorgeous, I adore the colors and pattern!  Crochet pieces have such fantastic texture!  Plus the earrings and necklace, as well as herbs!  Cool package!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
mandykaye
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013 10:53:26 PM »

I'm so glad you like your package Lexy!

I love the beading Listessa! That pen and triquetra are amazing! I don't have the patience to try that kind of bead work lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Green Beans with New Potatoes
Fried Shrimp with Crab Etouffee
Figgy Chicken
Tasty Beef Short Ribs
Chicken Stock on fixmyrecipe.com
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...