A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP 43 - All Around the Maypole - Beltane Gallery  (Read 5305 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SharieFairy
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013 09:46:22 AM »

What amazing projects! I love all the colors.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate Beltane.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2013 10:12:17 AM »

Now I've looked it up, I see that the loop at one end of the string is so that you can hang it from a little wire stand. I think you could just make a hook that would go into a stick burner and hang it from that. Or you can apparently just lay it flat on a heatproof surface and burn it like that.

Wulf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2013 01:59:23 PM »

Book of Shadows Swap open!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=423352.0

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2013 06:38:08 PM »

Lovely gallery, wonderful stuff.
I just joined my first beltane celebration, women's rite and just overall wwp fest and it was a blast. I found out that two of my co workers are following my path and I even made one join here. But on the not so happy side, I just had one fight after the next with my boyfriend and one of them was that he believes, me being serious about paganism will be a thorn in his sight. I really don't know what to do. He says, he fears that I will find someone that has the same religion as me, interests and is like minded. I am blissfully happy with were I am. With him. He even asked me to do a spell for him to be more comfortable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2013 08:29:42 PM »

It sounds like your boyfriend is kind of insecure with himself. 

I seriously dated a Catholic who came from a Catholic family (his brother is actually a well respected Priest).  We had a good relationship and both respected eachother's spiritual beliefs.  Sometimes I would go with him to church and he did enjoy seeing my rituals too. 
We did break up- but due to non-religious regular relationship taking a dive issues. 

Have you sat  down to really talk about him?  Relationships can be great, especially when you have some separate issues- the key is trust.  If he is too insecure to trust you to enjoy your own spiritual celebrations, something about respect and trust seriously needs to be addressed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013 03:48:09 AM »

Interfaith relationships are the norm nowadays. Maybe you two need to have some sharing time; you go to church with him and he attends your celebrations and rituals to have him and you come to a deeper understanding of each other.

Is this even about religion or is there some other insecurity he has going on? Deep conversation needed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
spazgirl1981

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013 04:26:09 AM »

Maybe it is just a simple as you telling him that you are happy with him and you are not looking for someone else of any religion. I think at first my husband was a little worried that I would rather be with another pagan, but he got over it in time.

I got very lucky in that my Husband is what he calls militant agnostic, he thinks there could be something out there, but he has no desire to know or put a name to it, and he doesn't want to telling him either, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013 06:24:26 AM »

Its always hard on relationships when two people have different belief systems.  Hubby and I started out as just friends for years and he knew all about my craziness (my general demeanor, not about my religion) and my beliefs before we became involved.  It has always been a non issue for him, and I try to include him in anything I am doing if he seems interested and if not, that's ok too.

Like many have said already, just let him know how happy you are with him, and that you don't need another pagan to be happy.  It doesn't seem like he is uncomfortable with you being a pagan, just that you will find more comfort with other pagans? I would defiantly do the spell for him if that will make him feel more at ease, but defiantly have a long serious discussion.  Remember to be open to him sharing his issues, and try not to judge or jump on him for them.  Something may come out that you didn't realize, and it could be the root of his insecurities. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013 07:00:43 AM »

I agree with everyone that this is probably not so much about your Paganism, Lexy,  as it is about his insecurity, perhaps about both your relationship and his own spirituality. The traditional American Hoodoo formula for this would be Crucible of Courage. Astrologically, this would be Mars for courage. Also communication is clearly a problem here, so Mercury would be helpful too.

I'm glad you got to enjoy a Beltane celebration. I was invited to a dawn ritual this year, but it was in a park on the other side of the city, and I just couldn't face the trip back home during the morning rush hour afterwards!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ladyblades
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013 08:59:20 AM »

Everything looks so wonderful this swap (as usual, I must say!) I miss swapping with this group so much. Money is just too tight to pay the postage. The materials are never a problem - I have a craft store in my house! Thank you all for sharing so we can all enjoy the love. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not swapping for the moment, life is too crazy. See you all soon!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Perfect Sweet Treat for All the Grads in Your Life
How to Make Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
How to Make a Georgia Peach Pie
How to Make Homemade Fondant and Decorative Daisies
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot Glass
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...