A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gathered Roots - Round 5 (SIGNUPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 7/3/13)  (Read 17054 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

monnie31
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2013 10:28:35 AM »

Sent today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2013 08:59:57 PM »

I'm waiting for dandelions to come back :| Now that I let my first harvest puff out, I can't seem to find any. Which is rather odd.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Eiseldora
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2013 11:41:59 PM »

I was able to work on items for my partner this weekend.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013 11:43:16 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2013 06:06:27 AM »

I'm waiting for dandelions to come back :| Now that I let my first harvest puff out, I can't seem to find any. Which is rather odd.

They'll be back in the fall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco
dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2013 09:51:22 AM »

One craft done, the rest in progress! I just need to get to the fabric store for a few things and wait for some more ____ to come in the mail! I have the last week of June off work, so I'll have plenty of time to finish things up then if needed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2013 11:06:20 AM »

Monnie sent to Wulf the other day so the gallery is now open!  The link can be found at the beginning of the very first post of this thread.  Don't forget to bookmark!

After my botched job with the dandelion jelly, I had a go with another flower from a tree that grows in my neighbour's yard but comes into mine.  Despite my attempts to stay away from refined sugar, I used it for this batch because I didn't want to eff things up again with experiments.  Thankfully, the jelly is setting! 

I was reading a blog yesterday that discussed spruce tips.  I thought how awesome it would be to try the dip recipe the author shared.  Then on my way to meet my daughter at her bus stop after school, I realized the tree growing in my friend/neighbour's yard is a spruce tree!  With tips within reach at that!  So I may have a go at that dip tonight and try to harvest enough for a jar of pickled spruce tips too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco
whileitsraining
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2013 11:29:24 AM »

Still alive and crafting!  We had quite the storm roll through here, will be interesting to see how it effects the flowers and trees around here.  I am hoping that my wildflower seeds were drown.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2013 05:04:40 PM »

Still alive and crafting!  We had quite the storm roll through here, will be interesting to see how it effects the flowers and trees around here.  I am hoping that my wildflower seeds were drown.

You mean weren't drowned, don't you? Unless your garden is overrun with wildflowers, which of course is just a polite term for weeds!

I had to climb into the space between our house and the neighbours' the other day, and found it was full of a weed I didn't recognize. When I looked closer, I realized it was lemon balm! It must've escaped from the front yard a couple of years ago, and have made themselves at home! So lots of lemon balm tea this year, I think.

Dreadlock, I've had pickled spruce buds (bought from a fancy shop for a shocking amount of money!) and they were very tasty. There was a recipe in Plant Healer magazine a few issues ago for fir oil, which was basically to put fir cuttings in a jar, pour olive oil over them, and shake every day for two or three weeks. The author said she'd done it with spruce needles too, to equally good effect. I don't have either spruce or fir on our property, but lots of white pine, so I tried that. It produces a delicious oil, which is surprisingly un-piney. More like rosemary than anything. I use it in salad dressing, for stir-frying, omelets and lots of other cooking. I'm nearly out, must gather some more needles this weekend to make more.

Wulf
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013 05:05:17 PM by Wulf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2013 12:49:59 AM »

Made progress. Hope to make more Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2013 04:20:46 AM »

Dreadlock, I've had pickled spruce buds (bought from a fancy shop for a shocking amount of money!) and they were very tasty. There was a recipe in Plant Healer magazine a few issues ago for fir oil, which was basically to put fir cuttings in a jar, pour olive oil over them, and shake every day for two or three weeks. The author said she'd done it with spruce needles too, to equally good effect. I don't have either spruce or fir on our property, but lots of white pine, so I tried that. It produces a delicious oil, which is surprisingly un-piney. More like rosemary than anything. I use it in salad dressing, for stir-frying, omelets and lots of other cooking. I'm nearly out, must gather some more needles this weekend to make more.

Wulf

I might just have a go at pickling it then, especially since I'll be doing a lot of fishing this summer and it's apparently good with both fish and eggs.  I'll have to subscribe myself to Plant Healer, it seems I'm missing out...  Did you harvest some pine pollen this year?  And are you talking about Forbes Wild Foods by chance?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tom Otterness on Learning From Travel
How to Turn and Carve Wood
The Art of Wood Carving
The Art of Eskisehir Stone Sculpting
How to Make Clay Pottery
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...