A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slenderman cross stitch  (Read 1593 times)
Tags for this thread: cross_stitch , canvas  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jennygum
« on: April 22, 2013 09:49:15 PM »

I developed a mini-obsession with Slenderman so I made this a few weeks ago. It's black embroidery thread on a 12x12 canvas. I'm thinking about painting the edges at some point but for now it is unpainted and unframed and I kind of like it that way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Greys Princess
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013 05:18:15 AM »

How fun! I love him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noushi

interested in doing personal swaps

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013 07:32:37 AM »

Awww, he's soo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silentblair
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013 09:53:57 AM »

This is cool!

I'd never heard of him and now I've spent every spare moment this morning down the Slender Man rabbit hole.
You are not alone in your obsession.

Will I be able to sleep tonight? Perhaps....

Tech question:
You stitches look so lovely and even! I'm in awe and jealous! Did you transfer a pattern right onto the canvas?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013 08:54:13 PM »

SLENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ♥♥♥

I love it!!!

and for those who don't know who Slenderman is: "The Slender Man is a creature or being with various nebulously defined characteristics and abilities. Slender Man was first mentioned in Something Awful Forum's "Create Paranormal Images". Slender Man generally appears (in modern times) as a tall man in a black or grey suit, red or black tie, and white shirt, with no eyes, mouth, or clearly defined facial features. It has no hair, and generally has normal-looking bare hands. Slenderman typically is depicted in imagery and literature as between 6 and 15 feet tall, depending on the situation, and in video as around 6-7 feet tall."  and as you can see, he's also sometimes depicted as having tentacles like Doc Ock and Venom from Spider-Man.  you can read more here.

and if you want something funny to watch, check out this video of YouTuber PewDiePie playing a Slenderman game.  ***WARNING***  PewDiePie uses a few naughty words.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
jennygum
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013 08:55:42 PM »

Thanks, everyone! He definitely is a little spooky and for the first few days after I finished him, I was afraid I would wake up in the night to see the actual Slenderman staring at me from the corner.

As for the tech specifications, once I had my 8-bit Slendy rendering, I marked each of the stitches on graph paper and taped the graph paper directly to the canvas. I used a pin to punch holes in the canvas at each of the four corners of each stitch. When I had done the whole thing, I removed the graph paper and began stitching away! It's a little tedious to do it this way for something with so many stitches, but I like the way it came out - I did it like this because I wanted a wall hanging without the visible holes that are in standard cross stitch fabric (and I had an extra 12x12 canvas laying around with no idea what to do with it!).

I plan to do this again on a bigger canvas with a more simplified 8-bit image. My mom is bugging me about making a huge 8-bit Connecticut for her, which is a lot less intricate than Slendy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Circle Punch Christmas Trees
How to Make Aromatic Extracts
How to Make a Ribbon Wreath
How to Wrap Awkward Shaped Christmas Presents
Top 3 DIY Holiday Decorations Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...