A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zelda Round 5 Gallery  (Read 3017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013 07:29:38 AM »

I'm so glad you like everything Beth!! I really try hard to craft things according to the survey thingies, which can be hard when your main craft is knitting. So all your kind words are very appreciated!! Smiley

I have to say that swaps really help to not only expand my creative thinking (Deku shower hooks are probably one of my most creative ideas to date, lol) but expand my crafting repertoire as well Smiley

This swap was a lot of fun! The shower hooks were actually fairly simple to make if you have basic crochet knowledge, the hardest part (and it's not really hard, just more PITA) is sewing on each individual leaf and the mouth. Before you close off, you make sure the mouth and eyes and stuffing are in, and the you crochet the last round of decreases around the shower hook. It is a little fiddly to crochet around the hook, but the final product is so worth it Wink

As for the apron, I used a basic apron pattern that was double sided. It was the second thing I have ever sewn! For the stencil I just found some gear pictures and sized them on the computer, than traced them to freezer paper. For the one on the right, I actually used an image of a Midna cosplay, isolated the pattern, sized it correctly and traced it on freezer paper. I really need to get opaque white paint... there are like 4 layers of white paint on there... lol

This was just tons of fun and I think I may make Deku scrub shower hooks for my bathroom, lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013 07:19:30 PM »

Oooh, I love that apron!! <3 I've never used freezer paper... is it similar to stenciling?

I agree, sometimes it's hard to follow surveys when your best craft is knitting/crochet... but branching out really makes you better as a crafter, you know? I had a partner once say she loved toon Link and needed and apron... so obviously I needed to make a Link-tunic apron... and so I googled it and sewed a super awesome apron (very similar to yours), which I never thought I could do! I've done glass etching thanks to swaps, cross-stitching thanks to swaps, my first ever stencil in this swap when I've always told people right and left I can't paint to save my life...  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013 07:20:11 PM by BunnieBard » THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013 06:31:40 AM »

Oooh, I love that apron!! <3 I've never used freezer paper... is it similar to stenciling?

I agree, sometimes it's hard to follow surveys when your best craft is knitting/crochet... but branching out really makes you better as a crafter, you know? I had a partner once say she loved toon Link and needed and apron... so obviously I needed to make a Link-tunic apron... and so I googled it and sewed a super awesome apron (very similar to yours), which I never thought I could do! I've done glass etching thanks to swaps, cross-stitching thanks to swaps, my first ever stencil in this swap when I've always told people right and left I can't paint to save my life...  Cheesy

Yes, you trace/cut a stencil from freezer paper, which you iron on (shiny side down), paint stencil, let dry and then you can slowly peel the freezer paper off. I actually learned to do it with all the tutorials here on Craftster Cheesy But you're absolutely right, it totally makes you a better (and more varied) crafter!! Seriously, if it wasn't for swaps I would not be as creative or multi-crafted as I am now! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013 08:37:28 AM »

Awesome apron, and those shower curtain hooks are just too creative. Great package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013 07:15:52 AM »

This swap was a lot of fun! The shower hooks were actually fairly simple to make if you have basic crochet knowledge, the hardest part (and it's not really hard, just more PITA) is sewing on each individual leaf and the mouth. Before you close off, you make sure the mouth and eyes and stuffing are in, and the you crochet the last round of decreases around the shower hook. It is a little fiddly to crochet around the hook, but the final product is so worth it Wink

I know you're trying to make this sound simple, but you have to understand that I can't crochet or knit! I've tried. I failed. I'm sticking to sewing.  Grin Still! It makes me wonder if it's possible to sew something like that and attach everything like how you suggest. I'll have to think about that for another day.... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Martian: I feel so silly. Who knew a Martian could be vulnerable to a human virus?
Robin: Uh... H.G. Wells?
Cerebral Atrophy
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013 11:35:53 PM »

Man!! Everything looks soo amazing!! Smiley This is such a great gallery yall! Sorry I haven't posted sooner, I am in the process of finals. Anyway, I got the most AWESOME package! Seriously, I love every bit! Smiley (lol even the purple parts! XD) OH! my fiance stole the awesome Tael keychain, and I couldn't get a pic. (He works out at the plants at odd hours, ill try to get him soon!) Anyhoo, here are the pics I took! Smiley

Here it Is! An AWESOME workout shirt, a friggen awesome zipper bag (I'm using it for my makeup!) The coolest skullkid magnet that my roomate keeps saying he is going to steal annnd A CLOCK!! Yeah, be jelly!

Close up on the clock and magnet

Close up on shirt and zipper bag.

I love everything soooooo much! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am willing to do personal swappage!! Smiley

Currently Swapping in:
Superhero Swap- Plotting!
Mini top hat swap- Plotting!
Ren fest swap- Waiting for partners!
mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013 06:45:46 AM »

Omg!!! I can't believe you made that clock!! I was soooo going to do that, but my partner had never played mm so I skipped it.  Awesome package!

BunnieBard!!! I just realized!!!  you didn't crochet anything!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013 08:31:13 AM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013 11:16:01 AM »

Omg!!! I can't believe you made that clock!! I was soooo going to do that, but my partner had never played mm so I skipped it.  Awesome package!

BunnieBard!!! I just realized!!!  you didn't crochet anything!!!

I KNOW RIGHT?!?! The only thing that was crochet was a purple fairy keychain, and I didn't even make it now; it's a leftover from when I made 96 of them two years ago for a convention. (I have a picture of all of them together with one tiny Link in the middle!  Grin ) Like I said, the questionnaire just... made other crafts the obvious choice! This is why I asked about freezer paper; I used a stick-on-vinyl sheet in the same way to make a stencil for the first ever time! I always tell myself I won't do a new craft for a swap in case it turns out bad, but so far I haven't had any disasters...

I really love that zipper bag... I just happened upon that fat quarter of psychedelic, triangle tie-dye and it's just SO Majora's Mask, right? And the clock is just... a print-out of the Clocktower clockface glued inside a Wal-mart wall clock. Cheesy Soo... nothing fancy...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013 11:17:31 AM by BunnieBard » THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013 08:01:31 PM »

I received today from Bunnie Boo! And what a fantastic package that did await me. First the package:

Doctor Who stamps!! So cool! I'm keeping the envelope, just because. Everyone should have mail from Great Britain sent with Doctor Who stamps!!

And the whole shebang:

YAY! All my favorite things!!! Makar, Vaati and ancient robots!!! Seriously, I think the Zelda crafting community is in serious deficit of things Vaati and ancient robot Wink

Cute felt Makar notebook and a chibi Vaati needlebook!! The felt is soooo soft. And the two of them are SO ADORABLE.

Makar keychain (now on my keys), an ancient robot, and cross stitch pins (which are on really small count fabric! Such tiny even stitches!)

YES! AWESOME ARTWORK! I don't know about the rest of you, but the ancient robots are my Skyward Sword equivalents of Wind Waker's Koroks. They are just so gosh darn cute, I want to have them all! I know there are Kikwis and all, and they are cute and everything... but ancient robots! They have hands attached by electricity! And look at their cute faces!!

Thanks so much Bunnie Boo!!! I love my package so much!!!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kallium
Well potassium to you too!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013 08:51:46 AM »

Seriously .... this is beyond cool!!! I am stoked my pallies told me about this site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will leave you with something witty....
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Beauty Gifts for $30 or Less
The 6 Best Red Lipsticks
Is Your Pillowcase Making You Breakout?
How Alcohol Sabotages Your Skin
An Impressive Cheek Stain You Can Make at Home
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...