A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zelda Round 5 Gallery  (Read 3924 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 22, 2013 06:24:46 PM »

Original Thread - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421085.0#axzz2RFGCVrb0

Sent
Received
Sent and Received
Late with Communication
Contact your organizer immediately!
Feedback Given

Cerebral Atrophy <-> BunnieBard
bethimusprime -> Bunnie Boo -> striker923 -> bethimusprimepp
mama24boyzpp <-> Abbeeroad

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421085.0#ixzz2RFGpDBl5
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013 05:02:17 AM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013 06:21:25 PM »

YAY!!! I get to be first!!!!  Abbeeroad sent me a super adorable package!!!  The plushies are all gone now, kiddos stole them, I don't even get one  Undecided
The twins each got a Link, these are adorable!!!  I LOVE them!  The sword and shield come off, actually, everything comes off!

And Daysie got an awesome little Zelda plushie!!!  Her clothes are all removeable too, which is great for Daysie, lately she loves naked babies, lol.

Abbee even sent us some fun magnets for the fridge so we can change the wind!!!!

Thank you so much Abbee!!!!  I LOVE everything!!!  And so do the kids!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013 04:45:01 AM »

Yay! I'm so glad you like everything mama24boyz! Sorry everything was commandeered! Maybe the kiddos will get bored with them in a few days and you can snag them back! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013 11:27:10 AM »

The plushies are adorable!! And the magnets: what a fun idea!! I think I make make a set to keep on my metal filing desk at work Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kallium
Well potassium to you too!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013 08:19:25 AM »

The plushies are adorable!!! Hehe very cute!!!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will leave you with something witty....
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013 09:16:19 PM »

Got mine on Friday!! Huzzaaaah, take a look!

First we have... an Ocarina of Time styled Heart Container... COOKIE TIN. It's plastic actually, not a tin, but I'll probably use it for sweets of some sort.

I wonder, was this spray-painted? I might glaze over it with a... a finish of some sort to make it more food-safe and to prevent the paint from chipping. BUT! Open this box, and behold!

We have cute invitations (and name plates for seating) to the tea party I can OBVIOUSLY hold with all this stuff, and ceramic tile coasters with OoT-graphics Spiritual Stones! I used to have tile coasters when I was little, but haven't seen 'em in ages! So these are great! And also, unfortunately, super heavy. Sorry you had to spend so much on shipping...  Undecided

Lastly, and most certainly not least... a painted wood tray~! <3

I actually got another tea tray (in a previous Zelda swap), and now I have TWO! So amazing! I love it! Thanks so much for everything, Cerebral Atrophy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013 06:37:44 AM »

Awesome package! Love the tea tray!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 06:38:20 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013 07:35:32 AM »

Yay tea stuff!! I love the tray... and what awesome coasters! I wonder how the images were able to be stuck on tile??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013 06:53:14 PM »

Everyone has already received such cute items!!

Well, I actually received my package from striker923 earlier this week, but I'm just now getting the chance to actually sit down at a computer and post.

I should preface this by mentioning that I told striker923 that I was interested in adding more Zelda stuff to my bathroom and kitchen.

SO SHE MADE ME A MIDNA APRON!!!

AAAHHHH I love it to death Smiley I MIGHT have put it on IMMEDIATELY and refused to take it off until it was time to go to bed Cheesy

Oh, and then there were the Deku Shower Curtain Hooks

She actually made six of these. SIX. I couldn't even make ONE if I tried really, really hard. They're absolutely ADORABLE.

I just thought it would be funny to put them in this basket for a few pics at first Cheesy

Thank you SO, SO MUCH striker923!! I love all of it so very much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Martian: I feel so silly. Who knew a Martian could be vulnerable to a human virus?
Robin: Uh... H.G. Wells?
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013 07:43:33 PM »

I love the tile coasters and STRIKER!!!! You have done it again!!! You are so creative!!!  Love that package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013 07:29:38 AM »

I'm so glad you like everything Beth!! I really try hard to craft things according to the survey thingies, which can be hard when your main craft is knitting. So all your kind words are very appreciated!! Smiley

I have to say that swaps really help to not only expand my creative thinking (Deku shower hooks are probably one of my most creative ideas to date, lol) but expand my crafting repertoire as well Smiley

This swap was a lot of fun! The shower hooks were actually fairly simple to make if you have basic crochet knowledge, the hardest part (and it's not really hard, just more PITA) is sewing on each individual leaf and the mouth. Before you close off, you make sure the mouth and eyes and stuffing are in, and the you crochet the last round of decreases around the shower hook. It is a little fiddly to crochet around the hook, but the final product is so worth it Wink

As for the apron, I used a basic apron pattern that was double sided. It was the second thing I have ever sewn! For the stencil I just found some gear pictures and sized them on the computer, than traced them to freezer paper. For the one on the right, I actually used an image of a Midna cosplay, isolated the pattern, sized it correctly and traced it on freezer paper. I really need to get opaque white paint... there are like 4 layers of white paint on there... lol

This was just tons of fun and I think I may make Deku scrub shower hooks for my bathroom, lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013 07:19:30 PM »

Oooh, I love that apron!! <3 I've never used freezer paper... is it similar to stenciling?

I agree, sometimes it's hard to follow surveys when your best craft is knitting/crochet... but branching out really makes you better as a crafter, you know? I had a partner once say she loved toon Link and needed and apron... so obviously I needed to make a Link-tunic apron... and so I googled it and sewed a super awesome apron (very similar to yours), which I never thought I could do! I've done glass etching thanks to swaps, cross-stitching thanks to swaps, my first ever stencil in this swap when I've always told people right and left I can't paint to save my life...  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013 07:20:11 PM by BunnieBard » THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013 06:31:40 AM »

Oooh, I love that apron!! <3 I've never used freezer paper... is it similar to stenciling?

I agree, sometimes it's hard to follow surveys when your best craft is knitting/crochet... but branching out really makes you better as a crafter, you know? I had a partner once say she loved toon Link and needed and apron... so obviously I needed to make a Link-tunic apron... and so I googled it and sewed a super awesome apron (very similar to yours), which I never thought I could do! I've done glass etching thanks to swaps, cross-stitching thanks to swaps, my first ever stencil in this swap when I've always told people right and left I can't paint to save my life...  Cheesy

Yes, you trace/cut a stencil from freezer paper, which you iron on (shiny side down), paint stencil, let dry and then you can slowly peel the freezer paper off. I actually learned to do it with all the tutorials here on Craftster Cheesy But you're absolutely right, it totally makes you a better (and more varied) crafter!! Seriously, if it wasn't for swaps I would not be as creative or multi-crafted as I am now! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013 08:37:28 AM »

Awesome apron, and those shower curtain hooks are just too creative. Great package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013 07:15:52 AM »

This swap was a lot of fun! The shower hooks were actually fairly simple to make if you have basic crochet knowledge, the hardest part (and it's not really hard, just more PITA) is sewing on each individual leaf and the mouth. Before you close off, you make sure the mouth and eyes and stuffing are in, and the you crochet the last round of decreases around the shower hook. It is a little fiddly to crochet around the hook, but the final product is so worth it Wink

I know you're trying to make this sound simple, but you have to understand that I can't crochet or knit! I've tried. I failed. I'm sticking to sewing.  Grin Still! It makes me wonder if it's possible to sew something like that and attach everything like how you suggest. I'll have to think about that for another day.... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Martian: I feel so silly. Who knew a Martian could be vulnerable to a human virus?
Cerebral Atrophy
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013 11:35:53 PM »

Man!! Everything looks soo amazing!! Smiley This is such a great gallery yall! Sorry I haven't posted sooner, I am in the process of finals. Anyway, I got the most AWESOME package! Seriously, I love every bit! Smiley (lol even the purple parts! XD) OH! my fiance stole the awesome Tael keychain, and I couldn't get a pic. (He works out at the plants at odd hours, ill try to get him soon!) Anyhoo, here are the pics I took! Smiley

Here it Is! An AWESOME workout shirt, a friggen awesome zipper bag (I'm using it for my makeup!) The coolest skullkid magnet that my roomate keeps saying he is going to steal annnd A CLOCK!! Yeah, be jelly!

Close up on the clock and magnet

Close up on shirt and zipper bag.

I love everything soooooo much! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am willing to do personal swappage!! Smiley

Currently Swapping in:
Superhero Swap- Plotting!
Mini top hat swap- Plotting!
Ren fest swap- Waiting for partners!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013 06:45:46 AM »

Omg!!! I can't believe you made that clock!! I was soooo going to do that, but my partner had never played mm so I skipped it.  Awesome package!

BunnieBard!!! I just realized!!!  you didn't crochet anything!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013 08:31:13 AM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013 11:16:01 AM »

Omg!!! I can't believe you made that clock!! I was soooo going to do that, but my partner had never played mm so I skipped it.  Awesome package!

BunnieBard!!! I just realized!!!  you didn't crochet anything!!!

I KNOW RIGHT?!?! The only thing that was crochet was a purple fairy keychain, and I didn't even make it now; it's a leftover from when I made 96 of them two years ago for a convention. (I have a picture of all of them together with one tiny Link in the middle!  Grin ) Like I said, the questionnaire just... made other crafts the obvious choice! This is why I asked about freezer paper; I used a stick-on-vinyl sheet in the same way to make a stencil for the first ever time! I always tell myself I won't do a new craft for a swap in case it turns out bad, but so far I haven't had any disasters...

I really love that zipper bag... I just happened upon that fat quarter of psychedelic, triangle tie-dye and it's just SO Majora's Mask, right? And the clock is just... a print-out of the Clocktower clockface glued inside a Wal-mart wall clock. Cheesy Soo... nothing fancy...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013 11:17:31 AM by BunnieBard » THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013 08:01:31 PM »

I received today from Bunnie Boo! And what a fantastic package that did await me. First the package:

Doctor Who stamps!! So cool! I'm keeping the envelope, just because. Everyone should have mail from Great Britain sent with Doctor Who stamps!!

And the whole shebang:

YAY! All my favorite things!!! Makar, Vaati and ancient robots!!! Seriously, I think the Zelda crafting community is in serious deficit of things Vaati and ancient robot Wink

Cute felt Makar notebook and a chibi Vaati needlebook!! The felt is soooo soft. And the two of them are SO ADORABLE.

Makar keychain (now on my keys), an ancient robot, and cross stitch pins (which are on really small count fabric! Such tiny even stitches!)

YES! AWESOME ARTWORK! I don't know about the rest of you, but the ancient robots are my Skyward Sword equivalents of Wind Waker's Koroks. They are just so gosh darn cute, I want to have them all! I know there are Kikwis and all, and they are cute and everything... but ancient robots! They have hands attached by electricity! And look at their cute faces!!

Thanks so much Bunnie Boo!!! I love my package so much!!!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kallium
Well potassium to you too!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013 08:51:46 AM »

Seriously .... this is beyond cool!!! I am stoked my pallies told me about this site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will leave you with something witty....
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013 09:50:25 AM »

AHH!! I love the fabric on that bag and the ancient robot artwork is fantastic!!

Great stuff everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013 08:21:50 AM »

That Makar notebook is so cute!!

Is that everybody, then? Or are we still missing one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013 10:45:54 AM »

Nope, we're still missing 2, Abbeeroad still has to receive and I believe BunnieBoo does too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013 06:01:22 AM »

Bunnie Boo just received, but is having some problems uploading pics, so I said I would do that part for her Smiley

This is sadly the swap I took the least amount of pictures for, so you might have to use your imagination for two parts of it  Cheesy

I made a reversable bag, one side was teal and the other side is orange (Bunnie's favorite color combo), and I stitched on a triforce in white on both sides. <Insert Imagination Here>

Total side note about that bag - I broke TWO sewing machines trying to make it (tension on one and  parts were literally falling off the other machine). Which is exactly why I usually say "I can't sew on a machine" when I fill out craft swaps questionnaires. Something ALWAYS seems to go wrong!

I also cross-stitched this on a plain white apron for Bunnie

I found this cute little chest box thinge at a craft store, and it reminded me of the zelda chests, so I had to fill it with something.

So I made heart shaped candy for it Smiley

I didn't get a pic of this part, but I also printed this image on a magnetic sheet and cut out each image for make several magnets for Bunnie. <Insert Imagination Here>

THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013 06:48:33 PM »

I love the Grumble Grumble apron!!! Beth, where did you get the artwork for the magnets??? It's really cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013 08:19:43 AM »

Love the stitching on the bag and apron! Great work. And brilliant idea putting heart shaped candy in a wooden chest! Great package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013 09:16:17 AM »

I love the Grumble Grumble apron!!! Beth, where did you get the artwork for the magnets??? It's really cute!!

Thanks!! I saw it randomly pop up on my pinterest feed and I'm pretty sure my exact reaction was "OMG THOSE ARE PERFECT AND I NEED TO MAKE THEM INTO MAGNETS OR SOMETHING!!" So I did XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013 01:59:48 PM »

Yay! I received from mama24boyz today!! And I hope you all stuck with the gallery because you're not going to want to miss this!!

I'll start with the extras (warming up to the awesomeness):

Yep - lots of extras! Two kinder eggs (we haven't tried these - so exciting!!), some coffee crisp (mmmmm), a whole bunch of awesome buttons, some fabric tape, and a Majora's Mask graphic novel that I'm sure my son will enjoy!

Ok, next up is this absolutely adorable crochet Makar. I LOVE HIM!!

Then this super sweet bomb bag full of little bombs (my son says "thanks for giving this to me!" lol!!).

Two Teesha Moore patches (by request):

AAAAANNNNNDDDD.....dun, dun, dun....

A Zelda Teesha Moore Bag!!!

The whole bag:

Close up of one side:

And the other:

I love the Makar patch, and the belt patch, and the life patch, and I just can't pick a favorite!!!

Oh, and the inside is lined:

Thank you soooo much, mama24boyz! We are totally spoiled and in love with everything!!! You rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013 04:45:54 PM »

YAY!!!! I'm so glad you FINALLY received!!!!  I absolutely LOVED the bag, my first time ever trying Teesha Moore and I'm in love with it!!!  I think my fave patches were the belt and the one that says "Keep Calm and Take This" heehee.  I wished I would have done that one on a plainer fabric though, cuz its kinda hard to see.  I am so glad you like everything and so sorry it took so long to get to you.  OH!! I also forgot another of my fave patches is the L heart Z in hylian!!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013 04:49:01 PM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013 07:20:48 AM »

Oh I love the L <3 Z patch, too!! I also love the rupies...argh, I love them all!!

Thank you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013 04:20:38 PM »

That bag is sooooo rockin!!! Love it!!! I also love the bomb bag... it looks perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2013 06:29:59 AM »

Well, we're done!!

I was just browsing through deviantart and I found an AMAZING crochet artist!! She's made an awesome skull kid and is working on a link. OMG! You NEED to check this link out, it is awesome!!
http://aphid777.deviantart.com/art/Bald-Young-Link-WIP-376456411
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013 11:29:33 AM »

Well, we're done!!

I was just browsing through deviantart and I found an AMAZING crochet artist!! She's made an awesome skull kid and is working on a link. OMG! You NEED to check this link out, it is awesome!!
http://aphid777.deviantart.com/art/Bald-Young-Link-WIP-376456411

WOW!! That is really really impressive!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013 11:42:09 AM »

I knew you'd like it striker!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Southern Cheesy Broccoli Casserole Recipe
Everything You Need to Know About Cooking Eggs
How to Make Homestyle Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
How to Make French Toast With Smoked Salmon and Poached Egg
How to Make Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...