A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3 Seam Baby Booties and Scratch Mittens  (Read 1848 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ivoryh1632
« on: September 11, 2012 10:27:32 PM »

Made these for a friend a couple years ago as a super last minute baby present, I didn't know she was even pregnant until she told me she had the baby so I didn't have much time.

They were super easy, the whole lot took me maybe an hour or 2 to finish. The booties I used a 3-seam pattern I found here http://www.newconceptions.com/patpdf/Footiespdf.pdf and the scratch mittens (I think that's what they're called, those little mittens so newborns don't scratch up their faces) I just kinda winged it. I think I trace a drinking glass for the size and just added elastic to the wrist.

Everything's linned with teddy bear flannel just because I had a ton of it on hand. One of the sets is made out of that same flannel. The rest are made with fat quarters. Turns out one fat quarter makes 2 sets of booties and 2 sets of mittens, which was awsome cuz that means I could use a few different fabrics and still keep it cheap and not have to wait in line to get fabric cut.

Ok on to pictures, lets see if I can get this new photo loader thingy to work....

Black and white checkerd

green with skull and crossbones

this one's kind of a frogs and flowers spring time kinda thing, its a little less boy-ish than the others, but i figure frogs always work for boys

and here's the teddy bears which i call prison bears because they're all wearing striped shirts and i absolutely hate this fabric but that may just be because i've had to stare at the bolt of it sitting in the closet for so long. I originally only used it as a tester but threw it in cuz it turned out good and she ended up liking it so it may be just me that has a thing against the prison bears.

Thanks for looking! C&C always welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012 11:02:11 PM »

Those are nice. I like the fabric you used, in fact I have to confess preferring the prison bears over the black and white  Roll Eyes
But they are all l lovely and well done to you for getting them done so quickly.  Thanks for the link to the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012 10:24:16 PM »

Thanks! Like I said, I think the only reason I hate the prison bears is cuz I've had so much of that fabric sitting there for so long  Tongue The funny thing is I dont even know where it came from in the first place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deeredone2
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012 05:47:54 AM »

Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012 06:00:45 PM »

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftdabbling
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013 09:46:00 AM »

Cheesy Brand new first time grandmother- can't wait to whip up a set or two!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013 01:54:21 PM »

congrants on the new grandbaby! these are so quick and use such little fabric i'm sure your new addition will have a whole new wardrobe in no time
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Year Of The Beard
Why Beards Have Come Back For Gay Men
Ways to Protect Your Hair in the Winter
Amazing 1990s Hair Will Give You A Heaping Helping Of Nostalgia
How to Do a Waterfall Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...