A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Printing Swap Sign up Closed, Send out 6/3  (Read 58460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2013 06:52:34 PM »

I have a certain fondness for flamingos- the city I work in was, until recently, the place where all of the pink plastic lawn flamingos were manufactured. They don't call it Plastics City for nothing... Smiley

lol..lucky you..I have two in my garden...but would happily accommodate a flock...

And yet, somehow, I don't own one... I almost bought one a couple of years back when the factory that made them closed, but didn't have the extra cash for something so frivolous. Now, I'm kicking myself... At least I have flamingo socks!

And, that flamingo fabric came out great! And, I agree, the background fabric was the perfect choice. I hadn't considered printing onto a printed fabric, so that gives me new things to think about...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2013 07:27:40 PM »

I LOVE that flamingo fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2013 07:33:11 PM »

Those flamingos are awesome! Something tells me you may get a request for them from your partner  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2013 09:42:53 PM »

wow that flamingo fabric came out so professional looking, the background goes great with it too, nice choice!

@sheepBlue - don't know if you already got your emulsion yet but i'm pretty sure they make stuff to remove the emulsion so you can reuse the screen, you might wanna pick up a bottle of that too so you don't go through too many screens in the test process. also, the last time i was switching to real screens and emulsion, i was looking around online and i remember seeing a few videos online about how long you need to expose it with a regular bulb and a bunch of tips on how to get a crisper image and stuff, i don't think i saved any of the links (this was before i became a pinterest addict) but i'm sure you can find some help with that stuff if you do a little searching. please let us know how it works out for you, i'm loving hearing everyone's experiences with different methods
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kawaiihelen

printing on every surface I can find

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2013 11:41:24 PM »

When I expose screens with the exposure unit I tend to do 1-2 minutes for fine lines and up to 3 for blocky images.  If you go for too long wiyh fine lines the light will bend around your stencil and blur the lines. Not entirely sure how it would work with a regular lamp but the principle is the same.

And that flamingo fabric is beautiful.  Grin me want some!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make screen printed clothes and accessories!
www.etsy.com/shop/nellystreasuresuk
I've Entered the Women in Making competition
Please vote https://campaign.triumph.com/uk/profiles/helen-smith?thankyou=facebook#_=_
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2013 12:59:41 AM »

And yet, somehow, I don't own one... I almost bought one a couple of years back when the factory that made them closed, but didn't have the extra cash for something so frivolous. Now, I'm kicking myself... At least I have flamingo socks!

And, that flamingo fabric came out great! And, I agree, the background fabric was the perfect choice. I hadn't considered printing onto a printed fabric, so that gives me new things to think about...

I would have bought a ton if I could, as it is the two I have are cheap ones that my exBF got his brother to ship from the US...they arrived AFTER we broke up..we had a very awkward meeting where i was giving him back his stuff and he gave me the flamingos and a lot of hostility...still I got the birds..lol...

printing on already printed fabric, seems to work really well, I found (from printing on paper) that -counter intuitively- printing on fabric that is close to the same colour worked really well, I printed some onto pink gingham paper and it was great. And solves the problem of what to do with the background, to avoid it looking too blank..

thanks guys for all the nice words on the fabric..I am so inspired..and Partners today!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, for supplies, surprises, flamingo themed things and general silliness.

Would love some hand knitted socks for my big foot boyfriend.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2013 07:23:53 AM »

I am on a roll today...I have done another one, anatomical hearts on red fabric this time.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=423192.0#axzz2S3COlWC6
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, for supplies, surprises, flamingo themed things and general silliness.

Would love some hand knitted socks for my big foot boyfriend.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2013 09:57:18 AM »

I am on a roll today...I have done another one, anatomical hearts on red fabric this time.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=423192.0#axzz2S3COlWC6

I really love the black hearts overprinted on the red ones. One of my themes was anatomy. Maybe we'll get partnered!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2013 03:02:55 PM »

Ok folks, it's official! Sign ups are closed! I'm going to have some dinner and then set about getting partners finalized and info sent out  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2013 03:04:37 PM »

YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...