A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,653
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Printing Swap Sign up Closed, Send out 6/3  (Read 27528 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fancybutch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #350 on: June 02, 2013 07:27:36 PM »

so fabric one, turned out beautiful.  Fabric two, absolute craft fail.  I cut a cute linocut and then the fabric paint I tried to print it with did not work.  Not sure why.  Later I used some speedball on a corner of that fabric (rest ruined) and it was ok.  So started again and did a new print with a stencil.  So happy to be done and sending tomorrow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2013 04:30:09 AM »

Send out day!! I'm so excited to see the gallery fill up with all sorts of awesomeness. I've got one more package to get out the door and then I'll sit back and watch the gallery with some popcorn. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loulew28
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2013 09:35:05 AM »

Just wanted to let sheepBlue and CraftAddchick know that I have received my fabric from both of my partners. I love them both and will be posting pics tomorrow. I am sending out this afternoon. Printed all day yesterday and crossing my fingers that my partners will be as happy with theirs as I am with mine.
Thanks
loulew28
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2013 09:58:41 AM »

Painted, printed,stamped,twisted,primped and pampered . Passed the wash and dry tests. Re-ironed and packaged up,addressed and waiting for me to get on my bike Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2013 04:38:04 PM »

so fabric one, turned out beautiful.  Fabric two, absolute craft fail.  I cut a cute linocut and then the fabric paint I tried to print it with did not work.  Not sure why.  Later I used some speedball on a corner of that fabric (rest ruined) and it was ok.  So started again and did a new print with a stencil.  So happy to be done and sending tomorrow Smiley

I had some water-based Speedball ink in my hands today, but it didn't say it was permanent or give any directions for heat-setting. I didn't want to mess with oil-based ink. I was in the linoleum block printing section... maybe I should have strolled over to the screen printing section...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2013 07:07:56 PM »

Oy! Why does nothing work out like I planned? I had a few fails tonight. One was a stamp I carved- printed great on paper, not so great on the fabric. Another was a purchased stamp which was too detailed and didn't show up well on the fabric (but also looks great on paper). For another, I needed a wood-burning tool, and I own one, but do you think I can find it? So, tomorrow, I'll see if the art teacher has one I can borrow, or I'll just have to do what I want using a different method. The first part of that one came out pretty good until I printed the last one too close to another one and got some overlap. So, I may re-print that tomorrow on a different piece of fabric (I have it, I just need to wash it).

And, I have to make about 60 favors for a retirement party on Wednesday...

So, right now, I have 2 fabric pieces that are good, and they're for the same partner. I have to go back to the drawing board for the other partner...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: June 04, 2013 04:52:57 AM »

Organizers Note

Thank you to everyone that sent out their packages on time and/or at least let me know if they were going to be a bit late. I still need to hear from the following people in my group as to what your sending status is. Please contact me ASAP:

goatgoddess
ivoryh1632
unicornlasers
Jen Sews

Communication is noted in your feedback and I really want a smooth fun swap, and it is not fun when people don't talk to each other.

Also please note which group you are in. I have been receiving a lot of PMs for sending from people that should be PMing sending/receiving status updates to craftADDchick. It helps us be more organized when we get the right PMs, labeled correctly.

Last thing, if you need feedback right away please let your group organizer know. As long as you have sent, we shouldn't have a problem accommodating.

Thanks ladies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #357 on: June 04, 2013 08:37:41 PM »

spent yesterday without internet and today on the phone trying to fix it and at the post office yelling at people about dc#'s  Roll Eyes ugh, but everything's good now, packages are sent, partners and organizer have been messaged and most importantly both fabrics came out pretty much exactly like i wanted them to, can't wait for my partners to receive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess

« Reply #358 on: June 05, 2013 03:22:58 AM »

OMG - I was thinking the sendouts was the 4th I'm so sorry - total mess up on my part - I sent yesterday - PM"d you - OMG I've never sent late without knowing I was sending late.

Embarrassed

on a good note Waggonswest sent early and it's wonderful - off to post pictures now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2013 07:10:34 AM »

I received my beautiful fabric from Goatgoddess.  It is lovely.  Thank you.  I will post pictures in the gallery as soon as I can get a minute to do so. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Post Production of a Landscape Photograph
Post Production of a Low Light Photography
Low Light Photography
Curves of the Image
Choosing Image from Sequences
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...