A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Printing Swap Sign up Closed, Send out 6/3  (Read 24457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PerfectlyBohemian
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2013 07:18:24 AM »

I re-sent my questionnaire just now. Things have been crazy with work, and after seeing your request in the thread, I just kept forgetting to re-send by the time I got home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2013 09:42:49 AM »

I ordered some screenprinting ink on Amazon.  I am a little nervous but also excited.  I will have to make something for myself first.  oh darn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2013 09:54:58 AM »

I'm going to be attempting to print something (and maybe two somethings) today, using the vinyl. One design is a little more detailed, so I think I may chicken out on that one. The other one should print very well!

ETA: Well, after stepping outside to enjoy a taste of spring, I found it very hard to come back inside and craft! Tomorrow is another day Smiley
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 05:30:07 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2013 04:45:44 AM »

Has anyone every used the emulsion kits you can do at home? I've made screens with emulsion sheets at school but have not gotten the nerve to try the liquid emulsion kits they say you can do at home. Easy or hard? I guess I'm afraid that I'll screw up the lighting time. But it'd be nice to try that again and get more detailed, fine-line prints.

And just as a reminder  Cheesy This is last call for sign ups!!! I'll be ending signups on Wednesday at 5:30 PM EST. I've already started to do some preliminary partnering so I'm hoping to get out partners and swap info a few hours after that.

Lastly, thank you everyone for resending your questionnaires. I've never run into a problem like my PMs getting deleted before, so just an FYI, apparently if you're trying to delete empty folders in your Inbox, it may possibly cause you to delete random PMs, and also get all your remaining PMs mixed up into the wrong folders. Weird. Anyway, I'm just waiting on one more person to resend me her questionnaire and then we'll be all set!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wise One
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2013 09:30:48 AM »

That last person was me!!!  It's re-sent in.  I just crawled out of the woods with moss behind my ears, twigs in my hair and legs covered with mud.  First thing I did was get internet reception and check in with Craftster. 

SheepBlue - what a bummer for you!!!  For me it's always stressful when I organize an event.  And when stuff goes wrong...  my heart goes out to you Sheep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes not so wise Smiley
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2013 06:34:10 PM »

Lastly, thank you everyone for resending your questionnaires. I've never run into a problem like my PMs getting deleted before, so just an FYI, apparently if you're trying to delete empty folders in your Inbox, it may possibly cause you to delete random PMs, and also get all your remaining PMs mixed up into the wrong folders. Weird. Anyway, I'm just waiting on one more person to resend me her questionnaire and then we'll be all set!

Yea, I've had that happen before too Sad  Some weird glitch in the system.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
LeapFeetFirst

« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2013 06:53:12 PM »

So I finally busted out my 1990's screen printing kit I got for $10 from the thrift shop. It came with screen filler, drawing fluid and a ton of printing inks. I prepared my screen and was prepared to use the drawing fluid, but when I opened the sealed container- it was full of gooey chunky bits that I am pretty sure are not supposed to be there. I guess 15 years is too long to store that stuff....

So now I am waiting for my order from Mister Art to come in so I can get started. Patience is not my strong suit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unicornlasers
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2013 08:54:25 PM »

So Probably what I am most nervous about is what to use to print with...I mean ink or paint? What do other people use? Brands? I have a feeling I don't want to use regular fabric paint because in my experience it makes fabric stiff....Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2013 04:04:08 AM »

I know its already been mentioned once, but dharmatrading.com is a company that specializes in fiber arts and has great quality products. I'd peruse their selection of fabric paints and read reviews, etc. They are also pretty awesome in that for every product they post a how-to on using it properly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unicornlasers
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2013 07:48:34 AM »

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CFDA Fashion Awards Winners And Red Carpet Style
Get Trendy In Sporty Chic Shorts
Finding the Perfect Summer Dress
Angelina Jolie Makes a Sexy Statement at Her First Post-Surgery Red Carpet
Pretty Savvy: Beachy Chic
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...