A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,789
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Printing Swap Sign up Closed, Send out 6/3  (Read 31376 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PerfectlyBohemian
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2013 11:08:24 AM »

I'm about to send out for my last in progress swap (not including ones that haven't started), so I think I am going to drag some supplies for experimenting to my next craft meetup Smiley I've got lots of cute fabric ideas in my mind! I will make some from my own themes to include on the project ideas I listed with the fabric from the swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2013 03:46:55 PM »

I love the idea of sun printing. it always looked so pretty on Pinterest, but so does bleach printing.

I think I'd love to try screen printing, or one of those, but I don't really know how to do more than my current technique of Stenciling with freezer paper, and plastic cut outs.

Thanks for all the tutorials.

Screen Printing remains of of those elusively cool things that is also intimidating to do. Cheesy

I hope this swap helps me grow and learn new techniques.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2013 03:57:26 PM »

Eiseldora - Screen printing is much like any other skill, you get better with practice. It's really not too hard to figure out once you get the basic mechanics down.

Organizers Note:

Some weird computer glitch messed up my Inbox a few days ago and everyone's questionnaires got wiped out (along with about 90% of my saved PMs  Embarrassed). I have submitted a Help Desk ticket to see if its possible to retrieve the lost data, but as of yet have not heard back. If everyone could please resend their questionnaires to me I would really appreciate it, just in case this issue isn't fixed or can't be fixed by the end of sign ups.

So sorry about this guys! I seriously have no idea what happened. This time I will be saving questionnaires to my computer hard drive just in case. I will put a  Smiley next to your name on the first post of this thread when I get your questionnaire to keep track of whose questionnaire I still need submitted.

Thanks so much, and I love how excited we all are about printing! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013 04:19:35 AM by sheepBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unicornlasers
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2013 07:13:00 PM »

That is really bad luck sheepBlue Sad

@Eiseldora I feel the same way even though I've done it before in a class setting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2013 07:46:43 PM »

I love the idea of sun printing. it always looked so pretty on Pinterest, but so does bleach printing.

I think I'd love to try screen printing, or one of those, but I don't really know how to do more than my current technique of Stenciling with freezer paper, and plastic cut outs.

Thanks for all the tutorials.

Screen Printing remains of of those elusively cool things that is also intimidating to do. Cheesy

I hope this swap helps me grow and learn new techniques.

I have yet to do "real' screen printing, mostly because of the set up cost, but I've done a ton of the homemade cheater screen prints with an embroidery hoop and pantyhose. Other than it taking a bit of finesse to get the panty hose on the hoop, they're literally so easy my 10 yr old niece could do it, and has a few times (t-shirt making has become our special sleepover activity). There's tons of tutorials online for how to make these simple screens, so I'd suggest you just do a little youtube-ing and watch a few and then give it a go, just start with a simple design like a heart or star and work your way to more detailed things. The only suggestion I have that you don't usually find in the online tutes is that I use latex house paint instead of mod podge, it ends up being cheaper and i found its easier to work with and it makes a nicer screen. And thrift stores are a great source of cheap embroidery hoops.

its a cool process, though, you really should give it a go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2013 07:54:51 PM »

I have yet to do "real' screen printing, mostly because of the set up cost...

I'm not one to go out and spend a ton of money on a new craft. When I was in school we were taught how to make our own screens and after the start up cost of buying a frame (I like to use stretched canvases that you can easily find in craft stores) and buying some mesh material (I prefer silk organza) I've got the cost of making a new frame down to probably under $10 a piece. Of course that's not counting printing ink, but you'd have that cost no matter which route you went.

Here's a tute I made for my blog that goes over how to make your own screen printing screen if anyone's interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2013 09:36:38 PM »

I have yet to do "real' screen printing, mostly because of the set up cost...

I'm not one to go out and spend a ton of money on a new craft. When I was in school we were taught how to make our own screens and after the start up cost of buying a frame (I like to use stretched canvases that you can easily find in craft stores) and buying some mesh material (I prefer silk organza) I've got the cost of making a new frame down to probably under $10 a piece. Of course that's not counting printing ink, but you'd have that cost no matter which route you went.

Here's a tute I made for my blog that goes over how to make your own screen printing screen if anyone's interested.

oh that's not too bad, expecially for something nice and durable for reuse. thanks for the link, and your insainly detailed tute. I don't think i'll be doing it for this swap, but i pinned it and will definately be making some screens like that in the future after we move to a bigger place....i have enough trouble trying to find places for my current craft supplies, i don't need to add a bunch of big frames to the mix  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megstar
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2013 08:49:26 AM »

when we get assigned our partners and receive their questionnaires, is it possible to also get the name of their other partner as well (if they chose to have more than one)?
my last swap was one with multiple partners and the girl i sent to ended up getting 2 almost identical things because her other partner and i didn't think to coordinate ahead of time and we both picked the same theme for her.  i would like to be smarter on this one so my partner gets unique items Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

an anthem = the bottom of an ant's pants Smiley
Bobomom
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2013 09:03:02 AM »

Everyone has such great ideas and suggestions.  I think I will see what my partner likes and take it from there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2013 11:32:50 AM »

when we get assigned our partners and receive their questionnaires, is it possible to also get the name of their other partner as well (if they chose to have more than one)?
my last swap was one with multiple partners and the girl i sent to ended up getting 2 almost identical things because her other partner and i didn't think to coordinate ahead of time and we both picked the same theme for her.  i would like to be smarter on this one so my partner gets unique items Smiley

When partners are assigned they will be posted on the first post of this thread so you'll be able to see who your partner(s) also will be swapping with  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 3/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 5/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 1/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 2/8
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 7/28
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...