A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,536
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Color Accuracy of KG Chart  (Read 729 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krissy-poo
« on: April 09, 2013 04:49:50 AM »

Hey there!

I am a cross-stitcher, and I have never made my own patterns on a large scale before, and have never used a program to make them. I got KG Chart, and have a large piece I want to do of Doctor Who (ten) and a Tardis. For those of you that have used KG Chart, did you find the colors that KG suggests are correct? It's a fairly large piece, about 10"x16", and I don't want to end up undoing hours of work because the colors aren't right. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Greys Princess
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013 10:40:38 AM »

Eh, in my experience it depends greatly from color to color. What I typically do is let the program make the chart with its pre-assigned colors first, then use a DMC color chart with photographs of the thread to check the work of the program. (You might already know this, but if you right-click on a color in your "Selected" list you can easily change the thread color for all stitches of that color. It may still be time-consuming for projects with lots of colors but it does make it considerably easier than it might have otherwise been to fix colors you feel aren't up to par.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013 12:03:24 AM »

Exactly what Greys Princess said. 
Colors can show up sort of funny on monitors and stuff too.  I like to double check with a color chart before buying supplies.  Smiley 

I think KG tends to go a little darker on things like tans and browns in particular.  That stands out in my mind at least.  I'm terrible at using the computer for color selection anyway...   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
krissy-poo
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013 05:57:42 PM »

My biggest concern is the flesh tones in his face. I don't want to stitch the Doctor looking like he got a bad spray tan Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Duct Tape Earrings
How to Make a Duct Tape Woven Belt
How to Make a Duct Tape Travel Shower Caddy
How to Make a Duct Tape Sunglass Case
Pretty Savvy: Tie Dye
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...