A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,397
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Origami Bat For Table Display  (Read 432 times)
Tags for this thread: origami , bat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: October 20, 2015 10:13:29 AM »

Hi my name is Kitty Moore, and I am new to this forum. I am a self-published author by profession, as well as a crafter, mother, and homemaker. I have three beautiful daughters that are my inspiration everyday.

For my first post I thought I would post my own craft. It is a origami bat, that looks so cute to lay on tables as decorations at your halloween party.

Here are the decorations:

Materials: all you need is black paper and patience  Smiley

Start with a square sheet of paper. The size of your paper will determine the preferred size of your origami bat.

Next, take one corner of the square and fold it up to the opposite corner. This will take your square paper to a triangle.

Now you will have a triangle with 2 equal sides and 1 long side. Lay the triangle on your work surface, so the long side is facing you, and take the lower right hand corner and fold it onto the lower left hand corner. Then unfold. This will create a crease from the top point of the triangle to the middle of the long side.

Now fold the long side of the triangle up, leaving a small bit of the top point of the triangle showing.

Now fold the top point over the long edge, as to line up with the crease we made earlier.

Now make a mountain fold alone that crease, which basically means just fold the paper on that crease.

Now you will have s shape that looks like a rectangle with a right angle triangle attached the left hand side.

Then make a valley fold, (a valley fold is basically an upside down mountain fold) along an invisible line, which is show below.

Repeat this valley fold on the backside.

Then fold side 1x to meet side 2x, as shown below.

Repeat step 10 on the backside, and make a valley fold on the line shown.

Repeat valley fold on the backside.

Now pull on corner 2 and 3 to show your bat.

Then your finished Smiley

Please let me know how you find the craft. I did these origami bats with my daughters, it was great because it's not too difficult for them to do but not too boring for myself! I am having a few friends and my in-laws over to my house for halloween and to take the girls trick-or-treating, so I thought these would look nice spread out on my snack table. The girls are also taking them to school to show their friends Smiley
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015 11:34:01 AM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract
Creeping You Out!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...