A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Fabulous Fish Art show Your input needed  (Read 241 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 08, 2013 09:42:29 AM »

I am trying something new.  The St Charles County end of the greater St Louis Region has lots and lots of great crafters and we have lots and lots of great traditional art and craft shows.  But we don't have much that translates to a great indie/green show.  I hope to change all that with the Fabulous Fish.

The Fabulous Fish is a first come/first served show for artists and crafters.  We are looking for indie and green vendors to participate in this experiment.  Ideally it will run at least once a month if not more often should the demand be there. 

(A fine print disclaimer...Procee ds from the show will go to support the mission of Christ the King Lutheran Church who is hosting the event.  While I am organizing the event and will have a booth, I won't profit from the show management.)

What I am looking for are ideas for how best to recruit crafters and visitors from the around the St Louis region.  This is not a traditional show with traditional rules.  (I've put the details below if you want a better idea of how it is going to work.)  It is going to be different and it should be an on-going thing. 

Where do you look for shows to participate in? 
Where do you get information about shows to attend?
Is there a particular place you frequent or bulletin board you see regularly that would be a good place to post information? 
Are there any on-line boards that you look at for this kind of information? 

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

(Mods, I can't figure out where else to post this.  I was looking for a more general spot for questions about hosting a show and couldn't find it.  Please move or modify as needed with my apologies for the inconvenience.  Once I have a date, I will put it on the calendar. Thanks.)

This is a first come/first served Indie and Green Art Show.    Uncommon artists emphasizing green, upcycled crafts, clothing accessories, furniture and art are welcome.  Green living vendors selling commercially produced projects will be also be accepted in a separate area.  Local food vendors may make advance arrangements and must obtain and display their St Peters, MO Health Department permit. 

Musicians and other performers inquire about opportunities. 

The cost is $5 per space.  You may bring the pre-filled entry form or ask for one upon arrival. 

Weather permitting all spaces will be outside.  Outside spaces are 10 x 10.  (Tents permitted.)

During inclement weather, the show will be held inside.  Each space will hold one 6 foot table.  (Indoor space is extremely limited.  There will be a hard cut off in the number of vendors.) 

Tables and chairs are NOT provided.  You will need to bring your own. 

Concessionaires reports will be provided by the organizers. 

Space assignments begin at 9 am.  Have your entry form and $5 ready. 

Show opens at 10.

Booths must be staffed until 2 pm. 

You are responsible for cleaning up your space and removing any trash.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Devyn from Maximum Ride
How to Draw Dorothy from Dorothy of Oz
AOL Motion Canvas: Rezeption
Using Selective White Balance Controls in Camera Raw
How to Draw Dracula from Hotel Transylvania
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...