A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round Five (SU April 7th-13th, Send-Outs May 20th)  (Read 29450 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2013 05:01:51 PM »

definitely be careful with the sharpies, the ink flows so easily and it doesnt require much touch to the fabric to get the proper transfer, I would definitely play with a scrap piece to get the feel for it (it does bleed past your lines on certain types of fabric! if your touch is light enough you wont notice it though!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: May 27, 2013 11:56:19 AM »

I have the pigma micron pens too Bambam, they're great and don't run at all. I always worry about the ink spreading and ruining an almost finished face.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2013 05:05:20 AM »

Hi ladies,

I'm off to work right now, but I'll be sure to reply to my overflowing inbox Wink tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2013 07:04:23 AM »

You are right Ladies there was a spell check, I use it a lot! I just thought I just had my computer fix & I've had to reprogram back a lot of things, that maybe that was why. I have one when I right click but it doesn't always work.

"Tenitsu" What do you use when you draw eyes on or the lashes, felt tip markers or something special? I was going to try to draw them on. But I have never drawn on fabric before. I don't know if it'll work but I'll practice some before I actually do it. So don't expect to much LOL!!

I use Sharpie Stained fabric markers you can find em at walmart or on their website http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Pages/stained-by-sharpie.aspx  (helps to know what they look like =D) I've seen them at Joanns too, so i'd suspect other places have them. The black one I use for eyeliner, the eye outline (but you have to draw with a REALLY light touch, the ink spreads easy) and for the pupils....I use the other colors for well thats obvious... for the whites of the eyes so they really stand out on the fabric I use Painters* opaque paint markers Elmer's make them and I got those at walmart too, http://www.elmers.com/product/detail/Painters%20Fine%20Tip%20Various?filterPath=paint-markers  (so you can see what they look like again)

If you do the eyes that way, I recomend drawing the eye outline first, color the whites in 2nd, then work the rest of the way (give each color about 5min or so to dry before going to a new color!) I can draw out an example if you need it!

Yes I am practicng first. It's coming along, still doing some more practice eyes she's coming together slowly but surley!! Sure if you want to draw a sample I would appreciate it, I'm a copier, I need visuals. Thanks "Tenitsu" for the info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Partner/
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Partners/
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2013 03:01:40 PM »

Sure, I'll post up a sample here in about an hour-ish, just gotta get a minute to sit down its kinda hellacious today!

Edit* Here's the photo, took with my broken iphone so hope it turned out good haha!

Just incase you cant read my notes
Step 1: Draw eye outline and let dry 5min (or till dry to touch *ie. no ink on finger if pressed gently*)

Step 2 Draw/color in whites of eyes (see dotted line on photo) and let dry completely (if using elmer's paint pens it takes longer than the sharpie to dry)

Step 3: Draw in actual eye design and let dry completely

Step 4, color in eye's as desired and let dry =D and done!

You should end up with something like this =D

Facial view (try to get eyes evenly spaced and as close to the first eye drawn as possible)

Close-up of eye detail

Also as a personal hint, from experience, try not to make the eye itself to small inside the eyeoutline otherwise you get this shocked/surprised look XD (compare the drawn sketch I made in 1min to the poppet picture where I took my time, I'm sure you can see the difference haha!!)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013 03:40:14 PM by Tenitsu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2013 03:48:02 PM »

So, ummmmmmm.... Those eyes are amazing.

Also, SUNFLOWER GOT HER POPPET TODAY. Errrrr... According to the DC# she has, that is! I can't wait to see what she thinks- it was really hard to let that poppet go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2013 04:01:35 PM »

Ooh those eyes look fab Tenitsu  Grin 

A tip I read on a dollmaking blog was that if you are right handed then draw the left eye first as it will be easier to match it when you draw on the right eye. I haven't tried it myself as I always forget and draw the right one first  Roll Eyes

According to the Aus post website I've received from Bambam today but as its just turned midnight I don't think they will be dropping it off tonight  Sad Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: May 28, 2013 04:17:46 PM »

I've had YEARS of practice drawing anime characters, after a while their faces are just second nature xD I actually was supposed to go to college for anime (i wanted to work in japan doing manga and animation), but the college I wanted to go to cancled their arts program for preformance arts only (there went 4yrs of schoolwork done in less than 2yrs for nothin meh!)

I love how expressive anime eyes can be, oh and Sharalee, if you need more examples on anime eye styles just google Anime Eye Images xD and you'll get TONS!! Or if your making a certain character, look up the name of the character (for example google "Maka from SoulEater" or "Isanami from Brave 10" ) and you'll get plenty of images with that particular character for references =D Thats how I'm making my cosplay outfit for Isanami for the upcoming anime convention I might get to go to =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2013 04:34:04 PM »

Thanks "Tenitsu" your eyes are really neat! That helps to see it.  Well it's coming out OK I guess but not as good as yours.
Wow that's to bad you didn't get to finish your Schooling. Maybe you can take it somewhere else.

OK back to the Poppet.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Partner/
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Partners/
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: May 28, 2013 04:47:03 PM »

Thanks "Tenitsu" your eyes are really neat! That helps to see it.  Well it's coming out OK I guess but not as good as yours.
Wow that's to bad you didn't get to finish your Schooling. Maybe you can take it somewhere else.

OK back to the Poppet.  Wink

Each person makes their own things unique =D I cant wait to see how good yours look! Glad my quick sketching (and thankfully my half finished poppet) could be of use =^.^= Doing the whites of the eyes before doing the actual eye itself helps tons because then you dont have to color in the white highlights of the eyes itself, when you could just color around them =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken and Waffles Recipes
Healthy Sloppy Joes Recipes
Traditional BBQ Recipes with a Twist
How to Prepare Delicious BBQ Sauce
Cranberry and Herb Turkey Burger Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...