A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round Five (SU April 7th-13th, Send-Outs May 20th)  (Read 32556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2013 01:45:49 AM »

Wewt its been sent, supposed to be there the 30th!! Priority mail ftw... sending the reciept and tracking confirmation as soon as i get home.,,just updatin everyone from my aunts phone!

At the laundromat catching up the whole familys laundry real   fast rather than taking a week hahaha be home soon!!!!

*edit* Home finallllllllllllyyyy....11 loads of laundry later.... ugh i hate when laundry gets that far behind!

Package was sent this morning, and receipt and tracking sent to organizer and recipient! now time for mommy n baby to (hopefully) crash for a well wanted nap!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013 11:09:23 AM by Tenitsu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2013 08:39:07 PM »

Wow T, you had a full day, sounds like you and the wee one deserved a good nap!
Luck you to be finished and sent. Smiley

As for me, picked up 3 different fabrics at the store on Wed., will try to do something tonight. Some heads maybe, maybe paint some eyes. I cleaned off my work space and dug out some supplies. May need to run out and get thread tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2013 08:59:51 PM »

Sometimes it amazes me I get anything done in my workspace hahaha
See how tiny it is XD enough room for me to sit and stick 1 foot under the table to hit the pedal n thats it hahahaha!!!

It's a lot neater than it looks usually, the baby gets into my stuff and tries to help XD I hide my -inprogress- work ontop of her dresser where she cant get to it otherwise she pulls my pins out and tries to repin for me XD guess i'm doing it wrong rofl!

Havent actually slept in days, just hour naps here n there...i feel like a zombie! Was going to start on her quilt this week but if i dont manage to get a full 6hour stretch to sleep (without being woke up ha ha) i think her quilt is going to be waiting some more....

Cant wait to see what everyone else comes up with =D or till that box gets there, least now I dont have to worry about the baby tearing her apart or getting her dirty ^.^
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013 09:05:19 PM by Tenitsu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2013 12:35:50 AM »

This is slightly off topic, but where did you get your stands from Tenitsu??
 I love the top hats btw.

My head is completed and my body is done. I am soooooo happy with it Smiley

I decided to redo my legs as I was not happy with the first, second, third or fourth lot. Lol. I am now happy with them!!! WOOT now to re try the arms. I have been through nearly a yard of fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2013 01:15:29 AM »

Nahhh I wouldnt say its offtopic at all, its poppet related XD ish

I got mine from Crafts2000 (apparently i had one of those around my area hahaha) I think they were like $1.29 a piece for the medium ones (larges hang the poppets by their necks rofl)...I think Joanns had them too but Crafts2000 was cheaper...

Also snagged a cute wooden one, I use the white metal ones just for crafting, the wooden ones are so much cuter and I use them for displaying

Stuck the top hats on them just because I guess XD

Cant wait to see what you come up with bambam! With all the trouble your having with arms n legs, you've got me entirely intrigued!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2013 01:44:21 AM »

Thanks!!! I was doing them wrong. Lol. I was trying to sew the toes on a seperate piece of fabric and attach them. Lol. I am not good at following instructions.

I live in Australia, we don't have a Joann's and our craft stores are over priced. Might see if I can find some online.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2013 01:49:10 AM »

I think Bambam might be making me an OCTO-POPPET with all those arms and legs Shocked  Cheesy

What do you all do with the bits that don't make the grade? I was thinking it would be fun to make a doll out of all the pieces that didn't work for the intended project, a FRANKENPOPPET  Grin

I never seen any doll stands in shops around here & would love to find a tutorial on how to make them out of readily available items. I did make a rather bad one for my sisters Weeping Angel out of a wooden knitting needle,a scrap of wood and some craft wire but it meant wrapping the dolls torso with the wire and then wrapping the end around the knitting needle. It's hidden under her clothing but it bugs me because I know it's an ugly mess underneath.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 01:54:43 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Glamis

Hello, my name is glamis and I am a bibliophilic..

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2013 02:11:07 AM »

How do you guys do the nose?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2013 02:14:58 AM »

I just stuff it and pin that piece of stuffing in place so it doesn't move as I stuff the rest of the head. On one of my early dolls I used a bead in the nose but it shifted and now she has a small lump on her cheek  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2013 02:19:07 AM »

I use premium fiber fill cause its fluffy but holds its shape well, i stuff the top of the head n work my way to the nose, then i take a chopstick and smush and twist it in there till the nose stays really firm n shapeable =D then i uberstuff the head so the stuffing in the nose cant shift on me =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Monster Puppet Body
How to Make Monster Puppet Eyebrows
How to Make Monster Puppet Eyes
How to Make a Monster Puppet Head
How to Make a Monster Puppet Mouth Board
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...