A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round Five (SU April 7th-13th, Send-Outs May 20th)  (Read 29790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PurplePaisley
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2013 07:57:29 AM »

still crafting away. Still need to pick up some faux leather, and such
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2013 12:38:32 PM »

I'm really happy with my Poppeting now, I redid the body today and as a bonus found that she can stand unsupported - YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2013 03:34:09 PM »

I'm really happy with my Poppeting now, I redid the body today and as a bonus found that she can stand unsupported - YAY!

Awesome! mine used to, but after all the messin with clothes she a lil loose jointed....might redo her joints before I send her
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2013 03:47:56 PM »

still crafting away. Still need to pick up some faux leather, and such

I still need to find mine as well! I'm *hoping* to get working on my poppet this weekend. This will be my first weekend off in longer than I can remember!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2013 08:36:02 PM »

Omg finalllly thursday has rolled around, hubby has 2 days off startin at about 9am and friday is payday yay!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
Illiamdra

Craft time was never this much fun in school!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2013 09:19:35 PM »

OHHH help!!!

i have tried several different stores and NO one around hears sells joints!!! does any one know an online place that is good i have everything but the joints!!!  Sad

other then that i just realized i have put so much detail in to ___'s body that im almost loath to make cloths to cover it all up lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2013 10:37:27 PM »

OHHH help!!!

i have tried several different stores and NO one around hears sells joints!!! does any one know an online place that is good i have everything but the joints!!!  Sad

other then that i just realized i have put so much detail in to ___'s body that im almost loath to make cloths to cover it all up lol!

Wanna know what I used? Regular shank buttons from walmart.... seriously here's a pic 

pic shows both sizes I use, front n back so you can kinda see em, hard to get a good pic cause of the flash...either to shiny or they blur without flash so best pic i can get, but i think u can see em well enough

The smaller ones I used for arms, and the bigger ones for legs....their like $0.98 a pair (ive only found em in gold but who cares about the color? lul) I've used different kinds of shank buttons, ive found as long as the shank is metal (or a hella thick plastic) that it works
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2013 12:39:47 AM »

@lanikins - hope you feel better soon! No worries, I haven't started either. Wink

@tenitsu - if i am working a pattern, I don't usually do a test run. In fact I've only ever scrapped one arm because I couldn't turn the fingers. Oh, and my first mermaid tail.  I'm doing a test run because I'm altering the pattern. If it works out well I may not redo, so I chose a flannel and a thick knit. I don't think alova or microsuede will work for what I want to do anyway. I think your muslin works better for drawing eyes, which looks great on your bunny.

@bam - I figured the calico would fray. I think the pattern calls for a knit fabric so it won't unravel, but I've used a woven with lots of fray check, and it's not so bad. Maybe you can just run some glue along the edges as a fray check. I like a little stretch when I stuff though. Makes for nice curves.

Need one more doing trip Friday morning. Hoping to cut and sew something Friday night. If I don't succumb to the wine after work. It's been a long week,  and it's not over yet.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013 12:51:32 AM by puamelia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, squared!
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2013 02:59:47 AM »

ugh i hate this, get to bed semi-early (yep 2-3am is early ha ha) and wake up a few hours later....i need something to play with....bout to start stalking pintrests tonight to see if i can find something i think i can make and entertain myself today XD maybe if i get out a lil extra craftiness ill sleep better tomorrow XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2013 05:55:33 AM »

I have an unstuffed head & arms and legs.

I have been using the diy fabric buttons as shanks. They have teeth and shanks. If that makes sense.

I am not happy with my arms and legs atm. I have made 8 and I can't seem to get them right. Sad
I also have not started on the body.

I am doing eyes atm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Panda Mask
How to Make a Lion Mask
How to Make a Turkey Mask
How to Make a Werewolf Mask
How to Make a Crochet Rope
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...