A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
734 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round Five (SU April 7th-13th, Send-Outs May 20th)  (Read 31359 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013 08:55:59 PM »

I am torn...

I think I can do this so filling out the Q (i.e. updating the last one)
It's been a whirlwind week, with big changes at work, with kids' schedules and with school.
Gearing up already to start RN school!!!

Sooo... If I can get some things out of the way before Friday, I'm in!

Dont feel to bad! I've got a mother in egypt stuck trying to immigrate her hubby, my aunt just lost her baby cause her bf shook him and their pinnin it on her... its just a mess on my end of the world! Wish i could get some of it out of the way before friday!!! Oh well, a girl needs a break every now n again to do something not-so-depressing so lets get crackin!

OMG So sorry to hear about what's going on with you Girl! Let's get crackin' indeed!

Pua...ya gotta!! Grin
Hehe, I know, just like old times huh!

Well, I'm thinking I gotta, cuz it'll be a loooong time before I could do another swap after this one wraps up. On top of having to train one more employee (just finished 2 others) I just found out I need one more class prior to nursing school, so there'll be no summer vaca. Meh, not bad, just busy. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - crafting
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent! 1 received, 1 waiting
Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013 09:52:46 PM »

I'll trade you!!! my life for yours, for a day XD but i keep the toddler, i love my morning cuddles n kisses....couldnt possibly give that up!

cant wait for partners, then maybe i can finally take my mind off all this and chill a bit...trying to convince my aunt into crafting so she has an outlet and a mental distraction but no go thus far.... i will corrupt her eventually >,..,< i hope
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013 02:56:00 PM »

Sorry that I haven't been around too, too much to add to the conversation- I'm just working on my last essay of this semester (2 pages to go- it's coming slowly), but I will be all yours come tomorrow after 5 pm! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013 03:00:24 PM »

Ugh i always hated essays in school...thankfully most of my years in homeschool were filled with essay-less bliss!! T.T cant say the same for my last 3 years in college.....2 essays a week ....in almost every class! Hope you finish quickly...that essay surely cant be as entertaining as the lot of us =D ~~~~temmmpppptationnnnn~~~~

though....I used to wait until the day the essay was due to be bothered writing it ha ha ha!! (dont ask me how I managed A+'s for 3 years lol!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013 08:08:28 PM »

my first batch of Suncatcher eyes came in - I'm so glad I ordered from them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013 08:47:11 PM »

I cheated.... I found a craft store about 30miles away (yep...i really made the drive...) and bought plain old brown teddy bear eyes and orange cat eyes (was all they had anyway...) and busted out my trusty dremel XD and my lovely engraving bit...only takes me about 2min per eye to slowly grind out the color and paint over it XD the smaller eyes are faster but if I go to fast the dremel skips and hits the outer eye....and meh...thats a pain
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

jennythor
crafty where it counts

crafting and swimming will save the world

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013 05:37:24 AM »

ack, i forgot about eyes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love to take part in personal swaps, I would love a poppet of my very own, or a doll like the ones made by Poppets & Lace
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013 10:36:37 AM »

ack, i forgot about eyes!

I wouldnt stress it =D I drew the eyes on most the poppets I've made thus far....the eyes I have now I only got a few days ago ha ha! I've not made one poppet with em, so this is a whole new experience for me! I think you've got some time to grab ahold of some ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013 10:46:21 AM »

I cheated.... I found a craft store about 30miles away (yep...i really made the drive...) and bought plain old brown teddy bear eyes and orange cat eyes (was all they had anyway...) and busted out my trusty dremel XD and my lovely engraving bit...only takes me about 2min per eye to slowly grind out the color and paint over it XD the smaller eyes are faster but if I go to fast the dremel skips and hits the outer eye....and meh...thats a pain

If you want to avoid potentially damaging them with a dremel, I just try to get as much of the paint off as I can with nail polish remover, and then what is remaining I just sandpaper. It probably doesn't take more than 5 minutes or so an eye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013 11:04:42 AM »

The only eyes I can get here are basic amber doll eyes or green cat eyes. I usually draw/paint doll faces   but hopefully my partner won't mind amber eyes or some close variant as I can repaint the backs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
She Crab Soup Recipe
Bacon Explosion Recipe
Spiced Nuts
Macaroni and Cheese
How to Cook a Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...