A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round Five (SU April 7th-13th, Send-Outs May 20th)  (Read 30570 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2013 11:12:12 AM »

"tenitsu" don't worry It's not here yet! I might not be able to get on here after my husband gets home, so if it comes, it might be late tonight or tomorrow. I'm sure I will love it!!

"SunflowersSmiles" thanks for the air dried clay for the nose tip. I'll have to try that!

"Myrdda" I'm so sorry you were sick, that's no fun. I havn't had that for a long time & what I remember it's pretty bad. So keep up your spirits & craft if you can!!  Cheesy
Get well soon, sending you good get well vibes.......................... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Pa
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2013 04:51:10 PM »

Hope your feeling better Myrdda!!

I am nearly finished!! Mine is looking great. One of my workmates is threatening to steal it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2013 05:50:50 PM »

Oh My Gosh I received from "Tenitsu" & You sure don't have to worry anymore, it's  Awesome...............................I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!  It ROCKS!!!!
Hey what happen to the EVIL thing? You are a good trickster!! LOL

I love the sewing & needle holder & bag, I've been wanting to make one or received one & now I have it, Thank you, Thank you! You are a creative & a super sewer, how did you get those fingers sewn so tiny Mine are usualy bigger & the cute bear is darling, You'll have to tell us how you made it & so tiny & movable!!  I'll put one pic here & the others when "averyg" gets up the Gallery.

Thanks again "tenitsu" so  Cool!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Pa
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2013 06:11:14 PM »

Omg!!! Can not wait to see all the pictures. She is looking cute so far
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2013 06:41:13 PM »

hehe I wish i was good enough to have created that little teddy bear, but I snagged him as a little extra from crafts2000. I thought he'd go perfect with her cause he was adorable and his size couldnt have been better =D

As for as being evil =P i love surprising people haha. Somehow some of my cuts were bigger/smaller than others, so it doesnt fit seamlessly like I wanted but I think the wrinkles kind of add character =D (the baby helped xD couldnt posssibly tell her no after she gave me the puppy eyes and a ton of "pwease" 's hahaha)

Her sleeves to her shirt might be a little tight getting on and off, but her clothes are entirely removeable so you change her outfit any time you want =D (wait till you peak underneath if you havent already hahaha!!)

*edit* Ohh almost forgot, about the fingers! I printed the pattern out on printerpaper to start, and traced the outline with a purple sharpie onto freezer paper (so my pattern is just a tiny smidge bigger than the straight printed version), for the body, head, arms, and legs I sew just on the outside of the purple lines on the freezer paper, for the fingers, I actually sew ON the purple lines and widen the spots between the fingers so I have just a tiny bit more seam room for turning (so I dont have to worry about pulling the seams out of the fingers when turning)....their definitely tight to turn and takes a lot of wiggling, but the adorable tiny fingers is worth it =D

I can post a pic up later to show you if you want, I've got to make more arms anyhow... the first body I made I wasnt happy with to send out for the swap so its now my daughters new in-progress dolly and she needs arms anyhow =D (she's the light colored on sitting on my cutting table in the picture on the previous page, with no arms or legs hahhahaha!!)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013 07:57:37 PM by Tenitsu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
puamelia

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2013 10:37:08 PM »

Glamis, I usually pad everything with poly fiber fill or wool. If I use a bead for the nose, around the jointing button, etc. I like things to feel consistent. I think it got pretty pointy with the bead, but it was slippery, so sharalee's glue method would've been great. Or hot glue on it. Hm, guess you could fill it with just hot glue... I have been rolling wool into a tight felted ball, pinning it in place with a needle from the outside (think guy with a stick thru his nose), then stuffing tightly while shaping as I go. I may try some air dry clay next. Thanks everyone for the ideas!

Myrrda, feel better soon.

Tenitsu, wow! Sharalee, you lucky girl! Can't wait for more pics.

Update: I have one possible leg, need to stuff one possible arm. I am liking the twill that I am working with, feels sturdy. 2 more test limbs to go, then a decision between original or Eleanor body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - crafting
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent! 1 received, 1 waiting
angielou1
« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2013 10:40:11 PM »

Ooh soo exciting . Our first send out. Cant' wait to see the gallery! Well I've finally finished wigging "Illiamdra" but I think she might have too much hair now. I was considering thinning some out but I think l'll leave that up for my partner to decide Wink .I also put her all together. I did have a hard time jointing her. I couldn't make her stand on her own.. As hard as I tried to tighten I just couldn't . Even with the tapestry thread it kept breaking. I 've tried placing the legs in different areas but they would become loose or wouldn't stay. I finally had to give up . I was afraid I was doing damage to the joints and material. And since I don't have anymore material and can't find any in the color I used I'm just gonna have to send a doll stand with her so she'll be able to stand with help. Smiley
If I happen to find more material and have time .... Maybe it's all that hair Shocked
I am a little disappointed with that but with more practice I figure I'll get better at it. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Couldn't make my first one stand either.He likes to sit and watch.
The first body I made was great only problem its just a different color and material.  Roll Eyes Thats what I get. But thats how we learn.
Now I can get to the fun part.. CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES... Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2013 10:59:26 PM »

Ooh soo exciting . Our first send out. Cant' wait to see the gallery! Well I've finally finished wigging "Illiamdra" but I think she might have too much hair now. I was considering thinning some out but I think l'll leave that up for my partner to decide Wink .I also put her all together. I did have a hard time jointing her. I couldn't make her stand on her own.. As hard as I tried to tighten I just couldn't . Even with the tapestry thread it kept breaking. I 've tried placing the legs in different areas but they would become loose or wouldn't stay. I finally had to give up . I was afraid I was doing damage to the joints and material. And since I don't have anymore material and can't find any in the color I used I'm just gonna have to send a doll stand with her so she'll be able to stand with help. Smiley
If I happen to find more material and have time .... Maybe it's all that hair Shocked
I am a little disappointed with that but with more practice I figure I'll get better at it. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Couldn't make my first one stand either.He likes to sit and watch.
The first body I made was great only problem its just a different color and material.  Roll Eyes Thats what I get. But thats how we learn.
Now I can get to the fun part.. CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES... Grin Grin

I use dental floss XD johnson&johnson's waxed spearmint floss (i like the scent haha)...its thick and sturdy (and thus far i've never broken it trying to joint a poppet hahaha though its killer on the fingers, leave plenty to wrap around your fingers for pulling it tight) using dental floss, all my poppets stand on their own...after adding clothes sometimes its kind of a balancing act, but naked they all stand by themselves haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
Glamis

Hello, my name is glamis and I am a bibliophilic..

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2013 11:50:38 PM »

Have any of you tried air dry clay?  I use it for my noses and it works great. You can even make the stuff with cornstarch, baking soda and water. It usually takes overnight to harden but you can mold it the way you like inside the head and let it dry. You can make up a small batch and keep it in a plastic bag for noses. Works for me.

I'll be sewing away today.   Grin

Glamis, I usually pad everything with poly fiber fill or wool. If I use a bead for the nose, around the jointing button, etc. I like things to feel consistent. I think it got pretty pointy with the bead, but it was slippery, so sharalee's glue method would've been great. Or hot glue on it. Hm, guess you could fill it with just hot glue...

That are two totally neat ideas I have to try!

Poly clay never really worked for me. For some reason it always left a (tiny but) noticable edging that I wasnt satsified with
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2013 12:57:45 AM »

Last day of my training course today so I should be able to make some proper headway and hopefully get her finished this week  Grin

I can't see much on that Tiny pic Sharalee, I look forward to the gallery!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sushi
How to Make a Sushi Hand Roll
Sushi: How to Make Pickled Ginger
How to Cut Fish for Sashimi
How to Prepare a Sushi Plate
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...