A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mineral makeup crafters - help!?!  (Read 465 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tr3kkie9rl
« on: April 04, 2013 06:42:11 AM »

I have ventured into mineral makeup and am hooked. I was using a powder type foundation that I make totally from scratch (see a couple of my other posts if you would like more info), but I found that it dried my skin too much by pulling oils out of my skin, so I started mixing up a very basic cream type foundation. I mix my powder base with olive oil and/or grapeseed oil, depending on my skin at the time, and also add some anti-chafing powder gel, which is silicone based, for feel. Monistat Soothing Care Powder Gel - makeup artists' secret, it works great as a primer lol. (ingredients for this are: Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane) The problem I've found is that while I love the adjustable coverage factor, and the way it feels, it doesn't stay put as well as I'd like it to. Rubs off on my fingers, clothing, etc... ick. What could I add (preferably something that won't involve oil/water phases and cooking stuff - I'm not there yet!) to give it some adhesion? The powder base is very simple: cornstarch, kaolin clay, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, iron oxides, and a tiny bit of sericite mica for shimmer. That's it. If I absolutely have to start cooking I guess I could go there, I just don't feel ready to do that yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whoever i was
I'm not that person now
but what i wish i was
I'm still so far away from
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Change Has Come Book Trailer
Venkat Ramaswamy and Francis Gouillart Talk About The Power of Co-Creation
The Last Invisible Boy Book Trailer
Sean Covey Talks About The 7 Habits of Happy Kids
The Playbook Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...