A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 116
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Summer Nerd Games  (Read 105195 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2013 11:10:40 PM »

*Officially joining team Fantasy!* Here's to beautiful gowns and heavy cloaks. A must for fantasy fanatics who can take a bit of satire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tough_Guide_To_Fantasyland

Labels are good when they help us find more of the things we love and enjoy, or when they help us find the people who love and enjoy the same things, but I don't think they should ever be constraining!
DONE!  If you ever need changed, just let me know. Grin  And absolutely LOVE your notes here on Geekdoms! Kiss

Just pick *one* love to focus on with joining a team.  You can still craft whatever you want, for whatever you love.  And this will happen next summer I'm sure.  So, if you join Team Fantasy this summer, only to decide that your heart really lies with Team Beeb (BBC), you can always be on Team Beeb next summer.  (I just made up Team Beeb, but there seems to be a lot of you floating around ideas for teams based on BBC shows.)

And choosing Team Fantasy doesn't mean that you can't craft a TARDIS quilt because you're in love with the Doctor.  You can always craft what you love.  Wink

AND.... I'd like to respectfully point out that this thread is going crazy really fast, but it's still weeks and weeks away.  So don't get discouraged if you put a feeler out for a team, and no one has responded yet.  There is plenty of time, and in the wide world of geekiness, there is bound to be someone else out there that wants to join up and cheer you on. 

(I hope this post doesn't come off as rude, because that is totally not my intent.  I'm hoping the folks who are regulars in the HPC will attest to the fact that I am not a mean and evil monster.)
((HUGS)) & LOVE!  I am thrilled you are here jennie!  Thank you for this post! Kiss  No one should or would think you a mean & evil monster...how could they!  You speak your mind kind & clear; I love that about you!

Oh, and yes, Nerd Games, if popular...which I think it will be, shall return next summer. 

Everyone, have fun picking your Geekdom.  You have time to think upon it.  And you are not restrained by it one bit, for you can craft whatever inspires you.  I have a tons of Nerdyverse loves...a TON! I chose to devote these games to Harry Potter because I do so adore it (and I want to represent the HP peeps!).  Don't worry about fitting all your loves in your Geekdom.  Pick them one closest to your heart, but feel free to craft whatever your muses sing about. Now, back to our regular Nerd Games discussion... Grin

I think we're all just really excited!   Cheesy
SUPER YAY!  And Oh My Shocked  I was excited before I even created this thread.  I am beyond excited now, and the games are still so far away! Grin

Okay, I think I need to do this! The Harry Potter version looked like so much fun, but this is much more my style...

I think as a science geek, I need to join Smeddley's team!
So happy to have you!!!  I'll add you to Smeddley's team.  If you ever need this changed, just let me know! Grin

I am such a broad spectrum geek, like most of us are.
I know I said I wanted to be Team Fantasy but might I become captain of the gamer team? I mean, I LOVE Fantasy but I am a gaming addict.

Gamers, shall we be Team Control Freaks? That's the only good name I could come up with.
I love the Team name.  If you decide to captain the Gamer Team, just announce it in the thread officially (i.e. I, FreakieGeekie, am announcing that I will captain Team Control Freak with Geekdom of Games....or something like that).  Then, I will update the Team Roster (no prob). Cool 

This is why I wanted a discussion thread so that we can chat, gather interest, and form teams.  We are in the discussion phase so edits are completely okay; PM or post if you need one made. Grin
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013 11:11:21 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2013 11:27:54 PM »

This has me so excited that I've been chattering about it to anyone who'll listen.

Team Control Freaks it is and captain I shall be! Looking forward to starting on this! I'm so excited that I feel as if I've drank ten cups of coffee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2013 12:42:12 AM »

(I hope this post doesn't come off as rude, because that is totally not my intent.  I'm hoping the folks who are regulars in the HPC will attest to the fact that I am not a mean and evil monster.)

If you were a monster we would make you Team Spookies mascot...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2013 12:47:15 AM »

Just for kicks and cause we can let's change team Spooky to "the team that goes bump in the night!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2013 04:49:16 AM »

This has me so excited that I've been chattering about it to anyone who'll listen.

Team Control Freaks it is and captain I shall be! Looking forward to starting on this! I'm so excited that I feel as if I've drank ten cups of coffee!

I would love to be part of Teamm Control Freaks if I could??  Love me some Zelda and Mario and I just know I'll be crafting some Minecraft stuff for the kids this summer!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2013 08:54:31 AM »

Hey! Sorry I'm so slow in the uptake with this answer but YES zombies can totally count for team dystopia. Huge thanks to pinkleo for the thourough answer on my behalf like 5 pages ago!! If anyone is in let's get a better name going too. Like Team the Future Sucks. Lol. Only more elegant. And if no interest, no worries. I have a pretty awesome team to fall back on!

Eta: pinks feel free to add me to page one as team captain for team dystopia as a placeholder name! Thanks for the idea to drum up interest!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013 08:59:22 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2013 09:30:08 AM »

So I've been doing more thinking - more practical thinking... While someone needs to represent the Whovians in the games, this summer I'll probably be mostly crafting Disney related stuff in preparation for our upcoming Disney trip. I may have to go team Disney/Pixar.

Sorry for taking up the thread to think out loud.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Smeddley

« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2013 10:14:42 AM »

So many good teams popping up!  I'm sure I'll craft things that fit a lot of them (ooooh, that should be a games-long challenge, craft something that fits into each team - also the perfect excuse to genre-wander!).  But, I stand by my one, true, enduring love.  In the end, I am a math/science geek at heart.  Cheesy

Can't wait for the games to begin!  It's going to be a looooooong spring... maybe I could use that time to try to whip my crafting space up into shape, and finish off some old projects to make space for new!

Or I could get all excited, start a dozen new projects, and make a bigger mess.

Hmmmm, wonder which will happen?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2013 01:22:14 PM »

I vote for whipping the crafting space into shape... that way Team S & M can rock the block when the games begin!

Smiley

I actually went up and wrote down the label names for all of my storage boxes in my craft room so I can print out nicely color-coordinated labels so when it's time to craft, I will be ready!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2013 01:27:48 PM »

I would love to be part of Teamm Control Freaks if I could??  Love me some Zelda and Mario and I just know I'll be crafting some Minecraft stuff for the kids this summer!!

Welcome aboard!
Zelda and Mario are two of my favorite game serials. I've been playing both of those since I was a kid Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 116 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Cloud
How to Paint a Flower Using Watercolors
How to Paint Trees
How to Paint Flowers
How to Select Your Graffiti Supplies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...