A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 116
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Summer Nerd Games  (Read 106438 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nyxinae
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2013 01:21:42 AM »

... So would anyone be interested in a Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock team? (Is there anything else we should try to add? Cheesy)

They're all BBC shows, aren't they? If so, maybe this ^^^^ would fit with that vvvvv.

I would be down for a BBC team (sherlock, doctor who, buzzcocks, boosh, IT crowd, etc) as this is my biggest geekdom I think. Team Anglophile?

Just a thought! Wink

I'm torn between so many different teams! Ships & Men sounds brilliant, so does the Anglophiles and then there's Fantasy; so much love for fantasy. Whee!~  I need a "Team that Can't Choose One Geekdom" Wink.  I'll choose soon! May have to just put random.org to use to choose though. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we have to decide is what to craft with the time that is given to us.
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2013 05:11:23 AM »

I like the ships and men idea for PotC, but I'm not much of a Star Trek fan *ducks* although I do love Piccard!!

I'm waiting for someone to open a Team Fellowship or something for LotR!!!!!  Or maybe something for Stephen King???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Naantje
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2013 08:45:53 AM »

How have I only noticed this thread now!?! Pinkleo, you bring some of the most amazing awesomesauce to craftster! I love the HPC and these Nerd Games sound just like my cup of tea!

But to choose a geekdom... Oh, maybe I'll have to sell my soul to be able to choose.

I'm quite obviously a Harry Potter geek, and the young boy wizard who lived is the source of so many of my friendships!

I'm also big on fantasy, my big brother lured me there by giving me The Hobbit for my thirteenth birthday "for something a bit more mature" and naturally, I progressed into the Lord of the Rings, Robin Hobb, wheel of time, game of thrones (though the last two books have me a bit weary, I feel Martin is incapable of choosing his main lines and cutting, he wants to have it all!) and some rather more obscure fantasy.

I don't know if you'd classify fairy tales under fantasy too? Because I most definitely am a sucker for fairy tales (In their undisneyfied versions. Don't get me wrong, I respect Disney fandom, I have enjoyed Disney movies as much as the next person and I really like the songs, but I'm no fan of the Disney body image and I'm more into different artistic styles.) and I've lost my heart at the Efteling. Loving the TV-series Once Upon a Time too, I love how they've twisted everything together. I used to devour Greek mythology and some good myths are still a big score in my book Smiley But yeah, I guess you could lump all that under fantasy.

I might fall into team Anglophile too, as I love Queen, The Beatles, Doctor Who, the beautiful British language and dialects, I absolutely adored anywhere in Britain I've visited (that's fairly limited, I must admit!), we'll have Harry Potter and Tolkien returning at this point, there's Tim Minchin (he lives in London, so he counts right?) and British Comedy, BBC does deliver great quality TV. I'm particularly fond of British detectives and BBC's historical shows and I'll admit to watching nearly any BBC show that's not a soap, doesn't have a jury or a talk show host (Really don't like Strictly Come Dancing, How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria, The Voice, ...) Outnumbered is really nice!

Another geeky love of mine is steampunk, and we're planning our steampunk wedding for September, and the style is really taking over our house. We've been to steampunk events and we make our own steampunk decor, and it's just really nice aesthetic.

I'm also a bit of a language geek, I studied Latin in high school, and I'm a first class spelling & grammar nazi in both my native Dutch and acquired English. I love writing, and as mentioned before, I'm hardly ever without a book. But the language geekdom is probably not the most craftable, so I'll not shout out for that.

So, do I go with Fantasy, Anglophile or Steampunk? I've still got a while to choose, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2013 09:10:03 AM »

I have finally figured out what Geekdom I would like to throw myself behind. There hasn't been much if any mention behind it, but I would like to go Team Gamer (RPGs, video, board, ect.) I'm not sure I'll have time to captain, but is there anyone out there who'd like to join up and maybe create a fun name for us?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Smeddley

« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2013 09:12:14 AM »

I have finally figured out what Geekdom I would like to throw myself behind. There hasn't been much if any mention behind it, but I would like to go Team Gamer (RPGs, video, board, ect.) I'm not sure I'll have time to captain, but is there anyone out there who'd like to join up and maybe create a fun name for us?

If you like retro games you could always be Team 8-bit!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2013 09:33:55 AM »

Both fairytales and Steampunk might fall under the broad genre of fantasy.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melissaurus
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2013 09:44:10 AM »

Both fairytales and Steampunk might fall under the broad genre of fantasy.  Smiley

I would have to agree. Smiley

Fantasy can really fill in anyone who enjoys the genre. Cheesy I'd be happy to have you join the team.

Or, in proper nerdy fashion (creepy voice time) Jooiiiiiiiin ussssssssssss....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2013 09:46:56 AM »

@ Naantje: Your musings sound a lot like mine!

Fantasy can really fill in anyone who enjoys the genre. Cheesy I'd be happy to have you join the team.

There are so many other super options, but this second (my mind changes frequently) I'm kind of leaning towards a what-would've-happened-if and what-will-happen-if focus: steampunk, dieselpunk, post-apocalyptic...Would those fit fantasy too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melissaurus
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2013 10:05:50 AM »

@ Naantje: Your musings sound a lot like mine!

There are so many other super options, but this second (my mind changes frequently) I'm kind of leaning towards a what-would've-happened-if and what-will-happen-if focus: steampunk, dieselpunk, post-apocalyptic...Would those fit fantasy too?

I would probably say yes - although I'd definitely want to point you to the Dystopian team, too.

That might fit your interests a bit better - 'what-would've-happened-if and what-will-happen-if' makes me instantly think dystopia. But that's just me. There's lots of great teams to choose from, and some of them overlap a bit. Cheesy

And MAMAN!!! Yayyy! Shame on you for creating a WWP group after I make my fantasy group. ;-; I would've joined that in a pinch. Tongue Nah - I'm just bugging you. I am going to make some witchy WWP things for this craftalong too, so I might sneak in your team's back door for the occasional candle or altarcloth...

But shhh - you didn't hear that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spikefan

« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2013 10:16:47 AM »

Would the supernatural genre be too broad of a team?
Nope; it is not too broad.  Supernatural is a wondrous Geekdom. Grin

Awesome! That would cover my love of Buffy, Being Human, Angel, Dead Like Me, Vampire Diaries, Twilight, Dresden Files and Supernatural. (I have a lot of loves.  Cheesy) It has Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead listed as supernatural dramas on wikipedia, although their a little more towards other genres do you think it would be okay to include them too?  Undecided

I have a list and supplies for so many things I've been wanting to craft for these shows and I think this would be the perfect motivation I need. Would anyone be up for joining Team Supernautral (up for other name suggestions) with me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 116 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Your Hair with a Clipless Curling Iron
How to Repair Damaged Hair Strands
How to Avoid Dry Hair
How to Grow Long, Healthy Hair
7 Fresh Ways to Style a Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...