A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
338 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 116
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Summer Nerd Games  (Read 105299 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wwrich
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013 11:22:52 AM »

...but what really gets me jumpy up and down is REAL world applied maths Cheesy

I feel all warm and cozy now...I stopped doing it for a paycheck at this point, but computational chemistry is still is my first love...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013 11:47:00 AM »

I like that the games reward trying new materials or techniques!

I think it is going to be difficult to stick to one geekdom!  I truly love Game of Thrones (is that geeky enough?)...Dr. Who, Big Bang, HP Lovecraft, goofy horror shows, Star Trek (old, not new), Lord of the Rings, Star Wars...geez...have I always been a nerd and not known it? Cheesy

I am also a math and science person so I can see crafting formulas, equations, etc.  oh boy...more stuff to challenge my brain!

Anyway, I thought I would pipe in so I can receive notices and see what is happening here... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013 01:07:16 PM »

SQUEEE!  I'm super excited to see everyone, and even more excited to see interest in the Summer Nerd Games.  We are going to have so much fun!!!! Grin

But how will I ever choose between my nerdy loves?
I know what you mean!  But remember that even though you pick one Geekdom, you can still craft for any Geekdom. Cool

Sounds good, I am not sure how many challenges I will be able to do as I will be recovering from having my knees replaced.  Do we have to join a team? I would hate to be a hindrance if I can't keep up.
You do not have to join a Team; you can play Solo aka Ninja Style.  Though I doubt you would be a hindrance to any Team.  Teams will be more for support and sharing your nerdy loves.  (FYI: If you don't post anything, you do not count as a zero for the team.  For Team Averages, I will only factor in those who turned in projects.)  Also, if you just finish one challenge, you are an official Nerd Games Player, and reap all the awards there in.  I do hope your recovery will be speedy and your surgery a success! 

I would love to participate, but I've never done a Craftster sign up/group/etc. 
Craftalongs are a great way to participate and meet your fellow Craftster peeps.  And joining the Nerd Games is easy.  All you have to do is post in the thread, and BOOM! you've joined.  As far as joining a Team, well, once that starts, I am sure that any Team will be happy to have you.  Don't be shy, just PM a Captain or post your desire in this thread....or better yet, start a Team of your own.

Seeing another Lovecraft nerd makes me want to join....
...but what really gets me jumpy up and down is REAL world applied maths Cheesy

I feel all warm and cozy now...but computational chemistry is still is my first love...
It is always nice to meet a fellow Craftster from your Geekdom. Cool 

I think it is going to be difficult to stick to one geekdom!  I truly love Game of Thrones (is that geeky enough?)...Dr. Who, Big Bang, HP Lovecraft, goofy horror shows, Star Trek (old, not new), Lord of the Rings, Star Wars...geez...have I always been a nerd and not known it? Cheesy

I am also a math and science person so I can see crafting formulas, equations, etc.  oh boy...more stuff to challenge my brain!

Anyway, I thought I would pipe in so I can receive notices and see what is happening here... Cheesy
You know you must join us. And I see you will be a perfect fit in the Nerd Games as you travel many Geekdoms.  Grin Cool  Game of Thrones is a definite Geekdom; one I happen to adore too.  Remember, even though you declare your Geekdom, you can craft for any Geekdom.  There are Bonus Points for crafting a challenge that represents any Geekdom (the rub...There is a Super Bonus for crafting your Geekdom).

I like that the games reward trying new materials or techniques!
Nerd Games...the Final Frontier.  These are the voyages of the starship Craftster. Its on-going mission: to explore strange new crafts, to seek out new techniques and new materials, to boldly go where no crafter has gone before. ....sorry couldn't resist Wink
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013 01:08:50 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013 02:49:07 PM »

Ooo, this is sounding like the perfect thing to keep me crafty this summer! I really like that I won't have to stick to one area of nerdery or craft obviously geeky things. Rad!

Not sure which group I'd choose to align myself with Smiley  It might come to close my eyes and point! Table top games, Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter...I do love various 'punks a lot. There are so many!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013 02:51:41 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013 03:02:37 PM »

This sounds interesting.  My nerdy loves are LotR, Nintendo games (Zelda and Mario mainly) Big Bang Theory........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Smeddley

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013 03:10:20 PM »

I'm an engineer, I don't think I even have to post here - the universe would enter me on sheer geekiness levels.  In fact, am I even really typing this?

I'd love to start/be on a real-work science/math geek team!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013 04:31:24 PM »

hi ya team mate  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
StickerChic87
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013 07:22:15 PM »

This sounds fun! I'm for anything to help motivate myself craftwise. And the HP one always looked fun but I've never been toooo into that-so it is nice to see this happening. Hmmm...let's see, I'm nerdy about Jane Austen, The Beatles, Wuthering Heights, tiny houses, dystopian and post-apocalyptic books/tv/movies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013 10:05:21 PM »

Totally all in! So excited ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2013 06:30:11 AM »

hi ya team mate Grin 
Alrighty, if you want to start an official team (which I hope you do).  I need a team name, declared geekdom (could be science, math, real world applications, etc.), and at least one peep to be a Team Captain.  Captains are just a contact (PM or thread) for others to say "Hey, I would love to join Team WhateverYourTeamNameIs!"  This is so that I do not have a billion PMs (you can't imagine how many PMs I get some days...and I have a feeling the Games will just increase that)  Y'all can PM me or post in thread. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 116 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Make Up to Wear with a Tan
Will This Glossy Topcoat Transform Your Lipstick Wardrobe?
How to Make a Macha Tea Mask and Coffee Sugar Body Scrub
How to Wear White Eye Makeup - Not Just for Twiggy Wannabes
How to Use a Curling Iron for Perfect Beachy Waves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...