A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,931
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 116
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Summer Nerd Games  (Read 112639 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Naantje
« Reply #990 on: July 17, 2013 08:45:55 AM »

I'm wondering if I would be terribly out of line if I were to link to a post of mine that was published on somebody else's blog yesterday? For the blogger's maternity leave, I wrote a guest post about how to offer meaningful condolences and I'm just terribly proud that other people actually think my writing is worth publishing on the internet. It's a whole different experience than writing on your own blog, that is for sure! I'm so terribly excited about this, and I'm so terribly excited about this craftalong that we've shared a lot already, that I wanted to share this too.

I like crafting words too, maybe I should sign up for another forum too  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #991 on: July 17, 2013 09:04:27 AM »

I read your essay and like I very much.  You are talented at crafting with words, Naantje, thank you so much for sharing them with us!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #992 on: July 17, 2013 12:57:59 PM »

Excellent essay!  I often wonder what's the very best way to express condolences, and I see great value in what you shared.  Thank you!  I'll be pinning the article when I get home from work; I want to have it to refer to when I need it.  I know that sadly, eventually that day will come.  Thank you for such great insight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #993 on: July 18, 2013 04:54:36 PM »

Here's my second piece of felt for my Research Project.  This one has a layer of black silk between layers of wool.  Moon is not quite as nicely centered as the first one.  Next try will be with much less wool on silk.  My short, kinky Jacob wool is very different from the long, soft Merino roving everyone seems to use for felting....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #994 on: July 19, 2013 09:15:51 PM »

Great article, Naantje!  

I love that Tardis bracelet, leather and lace.  I can't wait to see it finished!  I usually like tying on my bracelets, too...but I think I would probably put a clasp on that one, just because it is so much work, I'd want to be able to take it off and protect it from the elements!  Grin

I'm really looking forward to your research projects Krafty_Karasu and Ludi!

I'm nearing the finish line on my research project, and I know what I'm going to do for the Craftster 10th Anniversary Challenge....I just hope I have enough time to get it done well!

Been trying to catch up on the posts and this reminded me that I'm still working on my research project:

I proposed my project a while ago and still haven't started it  Roll Eyes oops, actually, that's not entirely true. Just the other day I cut out squares so I guess I started!!

question: is there a time limit to when it needs to be done (other than before the end of the games)? Thanks

I might just have to start bringing my WIPs to work.  Cheesy

I think the only rule is that it has to take at least three weeks to complete...so I'm pretty sure it just has to be done by the end of the games!  Cheesy 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013 09:53:37 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #995 on: July 20, 2013 06:12:45 AM »

Thanks, Lovely Miss!  I'm moving so slowly on projects lately, especially since they're getting more complicated.  I'm still not entirely sure where I'm heading with this research project, it's an exploration.  I hope to end up with a small collection of felted pieces, experimenting with different techniques.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #996 on: July 20, 2013 05:31:38 PM »

I just realized I forgot to include the "Project Geekdom" field in my entries for June and July so far, so I just went back and edited them to correct my error.  I hope that won't screw anything up since the points haven't been updated for those projects yet, and I didn't change the bonus points I'm claiming.   Grin
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013 05:42:22 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #997 on: July 20, 2013 06:06:19 PM »

I just realized I forgot to include the "Project Geekdom" field in my entries for June and July so far, so I just went back and edited them to correct my error.  I hope that won't screw anything up since the points haven't been updated for those projects yet, and I didn't change the bonus points I'm claiming.   Grin
Could you give me a list of any added bonuses, if any, so that I don't have to search them out.  I will love you forever! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #998 on: July 20, 2013 06:52:06 PM »

I hope my team mates are ok, I don't hear from them much....   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #999 on: July 20, 2013 07:26:31 PM »

I just realized I forgot to include the "Project Geekdom" field in my entries for June and July so far, so I just went back and edited them to correct my error.  I hope that won't screw anything up since the points haven't been updated for those projects yet, and I didn't change the bonus points I'm claiming.   Grin
Could you give me a list of any added bonuses, if any, so that I don't have to search them out.  I will love you forever! Kiss

I didn't add any, so I think we're good to go!  I just didn't say what geekdom the projects were in...probably didn't even really require me to update, I'm just a little obsessive that way.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 116 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style the Three-Step French Twist
How to Get the Three-Step Half-Back Hairstyle
How to Style the Three-Step Bun
How to Style the Three-Step Fun and Flirty Ponytail
How to Master a Bouncy Bob
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...