A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 116
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Summer Nerd Games  (Read 105460 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilyla19
« Reply #970 on: July 13, 2013 08:47:31 AM »

Arghh stupid tablet. All I just type is all gone!

Well, I am bored of myself for never having enough yarn for any project.

I got this two skeins of yarn, thinking of making a hat and a scarf.

Tadah! I finished my hat and started my scarf. I'm half way done.... And figured out I don't have enough yarn for the rest of the project. What should I do?

1. Start this pattern with other yarns which I dont know if there are enough for this scarf.

2. Continue using the yarn from the hat, and start the hat over.

3. Modify the pattern, may be 2 repeats instead of 3. But then I have to redo the finished half to match.

4. Keep the finished half, pretend to be cool... And used it as it is.
But then what to do with 1/3 skein of wool.

Here is the picture of my half done scarf...

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013 08:56:30 AM by lilyla19 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #971 on: July 13, 2013 05:07:01 PM »

Well scratch the wax paper idea. My printer was not happy trying to run wax paper through it instead of paper. I think that I am going to have to print and trace by hand. Better get to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #972 on: July 13, 2013 07:24:23 PM »

I am enjoying all of the projects and ideas...I am determined to find projects I can do with minimal use of my dominant hand...ha..do we get extra points for our "nerdy, crafty injury handicap"? Grin

You and me both! Smiley At least my cast is on my left hand, so I can still use my right (and I'm a righty). But, options are limited- absolutely no crochet- I can't grip the work with my left hand. I see very heavy use of my Silhouette machine, and an abundance of pillows. It's a challenge to come up with things that I can do and fit within the categories. After tomorrow, I'll have 2 projects I can post (one is done, but I just need to gather up all of the pictures), and after Monday, at least one more, if not two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #973 on: July 13, 2013 07:24:48 PM »

I have tried freezer paper in the printer after seeing people using it as a transfer medium on pinterest so many times, but my printer printed a blurry mess on it. Does anyone know if there is a trick to making it come out looking like the actual picture you are trying to print?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #974 on: July 13, 2013 07:38:51 PM »

I have tried freezer paper in the printer after seeing people using it as a transfer medium on pinterest so many times, but my printer printed a blurry mess on it. Does anyone know if there is a trick to making it come out looking like the actual picture you are trying to print?

I have had great luck printing on freezer paper.  I just tape it plastic side down to a regular piece of paper, print, then cut to create my stencil.  Is that what you had in mind?  I don't know about laser jet, but I do know that ink jet printers will not print on the plastic side of the freezer paper very well. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013 07:40:29 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #975 on: July 13, 2013 08:06:08 PM »

Arghh stupid tablet. All I just type is all gone!

Well, I am bored of myself for never having enough yarn for any project.

I got this two skeins of yarn, thinking of making a hat and a scarf.

Tadah! I finished my hat and started my scarf. I'm half way done.... And figured out I don't have enough yarn for the rest of the project. What should I do?

1. Start this pattern with other yarns which I dont know if there are enough for this scarf.

2. Continue using the yarn from the hat, and start the hat over.

3. Modify the pattern, may be 2 repeats instead of 3. But then I have to redo the finished half to match.

4. Keep the finished half, pretend to be cool... And used it as it is.
But then what to do with 1/3 skein of wool.

Here is the picture of my half done scarf...

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/108599_13Jul13_image.jpg

If you can't buy the same yarn again to continue on, then I'd say join a contrasting color of similar if not the same yarn and make a scarf that is two colors. Its a common thing that happens and looks nice.

Just say you did it on purpose.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013 08:56:54 PM by pinkleo - Reason: removing img from quote » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #976 on: July 14, 2013 02:12:23 AM »

Whew I"m so glad my latest project/thing is done.

I've been working hard on a presentation about the history of knitting and a historic pouch I knitted.  I shared these at an arts and science championship today and came in second place. Now that I have that project done I"m eager to focus on my nerd games.

It doesn't seem to fit any of the Nerd Games Prompts, but since I got to geek out I wanted to share.

I even wrote a paper
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #977 on: July 14, 2013 02:34:08 AM »

I've finally decided what I want to do for the Marvel vs. DC challenge, but I've only just started on it!  and it's HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  or, it would be if I wasn't using 28 count cloth again.  I couldn't help it!  if I had made it with anything larger than 22 count, it would have been somewhere around 20 inches long by 12 inches wide!!!  I'd have to have that professionally framed and I just can't do that now.  so it'll be smaller and I'll have to make do with what frame I can find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #978 on: July 14, 2013 05:20:21 AM »

I have had great luck printing on freezer paper.  I just tape it plastic side down to a regular piece of paper, print, then cut to create my stencil.  Is that what you had in mind?  I don't know about laser jet, but I do know that ink jet printers will not print on the plastic side of the freezer paper very well. 

Nope, not for a stencil - You are supposed to be able to transfer the image from the waxy/plastic side to a wooden surface, but I can't get it to print anything clear on the plastic side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #979 on: July 14, 2013 09:47:27 AM »

Maybe I need to try to tape it to a regular sheet of paper. My issue is that it got all crumbled up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 116 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Homemade Sashimi Using Crab and Sea Bream
How to Make a Tasty Sashimi - Salmon, Tuna and Yellowtail
How to Make Your Own Dashi
How to Prepare Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad
How to Make the Perfect Long Grain Rice
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...