A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,469
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 116
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Summer Nerd Games  (Read 106090 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #840 on: June 20, 2013 10:15:47 AM »

Aww, Smeddley, that's too bad. I'm sure your backup project will be great.  Never give up, never surrender!  

Krafty, if you saw my stuff in person you'd know I haven't been doing it for years, what a mess of threads on the back, and sooo many wrinkles in the fabric!   Cheesy  Only this last piece, the eye, is at all polished.    I want to be able to produce finished pieces of art, which is very difficult, time-consuming and expensive with sculpture.  It took me literally years to get my last personal sculpture to a finished state.  And I can't manage to do any painting because of lack of space. For me, embroidery seems to embody some of the tactile sensations of sculpting, while allowing me to explore the color and shading aspects of painting.  So I want to truly master it, and have been devoting ungodly amounts of time to it.   Tongue
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013 10:26:44 AM by Ludi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #841 on: June 20, 2013 01:32:10 PM »

Starting to prepare to commence my felting Research Project.

Here are my sheep, pre-shearing, from left to right Yoggie (Yog-Sothoth), Valentine, Mimi, Tuli (Cthulhu), Pan (Pantalaimon):

Buckets of their filthy, filthy wool to be sorted and washed.  I'll probably start with the white bucket, which is Valentine's wool.  Hers is the nicest and cleanest.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #842 on: June 20, 2013 01:55:28 PM »

Krafty, if you saw my stuff in person you'd know I haven't been doing it for years, what a mess of threads on the back, and sooo many wrinkles in the fabric!   Cheesy  Only this last piece, the eye, is at all polished.    I want to be able to produce finished pieces of art, which is very difficult, time-consuming and expensive with sculpture.  It took me literally years to get my last personal sculpture to a finished state.  And I can't manage to do any painting because of lack of space. For me, embroidery seems to embody some of the tactile sensations of sculpting, while allowing me to explore the color and shading aspects of painting.  So I want to truly master it, and have been devoting ungodly amounts of time to it.   Tongue

back-schmack.  my cross stitch looks horrid on the back.  but who really sees it?  Wink  as long as the front looks great, why worry about the back...well, depending on the piece I guess.  a hoop I wouldn't worry about, but something like an embroidered napkin probably should look nice.  but if you're learning to make it look nice, then that's good.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #843 on: June 20, 2013 04:48:10 PM »

This month has been crazy! I haven't even crafted a single thing for the games! But, this weekend, I have 2 things I must get done by Monday, and can knock out the June battle pretty easily, I think. I have all of the supplies, it's just a matter of getting the image ready...

I don't even remember what the rest of the challenges are. I need to take a quick peek... and then go and finish my end of year grades!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
SharieFairy
« Reply #844 on: June 20, 2013 05:03:29 PM »

Oh my gosh Ludi you have sheep?! That is cool. Do you spin too?  I'm beginning to think there is nothing you don't do. Wink  Do you have a shop and yarn?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #845 on: June 20, 2013 05:06:55 PM »

I don't spin, and in fact have done almost nothing with the sheep wool in spite of having them for years.   I've wanted to learn to felt their wool the whole time, but kept procrastinating.  There's nothing I can't take years getting around to doing!  Tongue  I sent some wool off to a spinner and then to a friend who knits, so was able to get a hat and gloves from the critters, but that's it so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SharieFairy
« Reply #846 on: June 20, 2013 05:16:57 PM »

back-schmack.  my cross stitch looks horrid on the back.  but who really sees it?  Wink  as long as the front looks great, why worry about the back...well, depending on the piece I guess.  a hoop I wouldn't worry about, but something like an embroidered napkin probably should look nice.  but if you're learning to make it look nice, then that's good.  Smiley

Lol I'm the same way about my stitching. No one sees the back. Who cares? lol
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013 10:27:15 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SharieFairy
« Reply #847 on: June 20, 2013 06:02:31 PM »

I don't spin, and in fact have done almost nothing with the sheep wool in spite of having them for years.   I've wanted to learn to felt their wool the whole time, but kept procrastinating.  There's nothing I can't take years getting around to doing!  Tongue  I sent some wool off to a spinner and then to a friend who knits, so was able to get a hat and gloves from the critters, but that's it so far.

That's cool though. I can't imagine how much work it is to take care of sheep let alone then go and spin their wool.  I look forward to seeing your felting though.  How long have you had sheep?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #848 on: June 20, 2013 06:40:20 PM »

back-schmack.  my cross stitch looks horrid on the back.  but who really sees it?  Wink  as long as the front looks great, why worry about the back...well, depending on the piece I guess.  a hoop I wouldn't worry about, but something like an embroidered napkin probably should look nice.  but if you're learning to make it look nice, then that's good.  Smiley
Lol I'm the same way about my stitching. No one sees the back. Who cares? lol

Grin

I figure, no one looks at the back, so what's a few threads or knots on the back (sometimes the thread twists as I work and ends up knotting in the back).  Tongue
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013 10:28:31 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #849 on: June 20, 2013 06:47:38 PM »

I'm trying to learn stumpwork, which requires a neat back, so I practiced on my last piece even though the back is covered.  It does add a lot of work.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 116 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Good Advice for Young Directors
How to Approach a Monologue in Acting
How to Cast Actors for a Play
How to Deal with Difficult Actors
How to Be a Theatre Director
Latest Blog Articles
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...