A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 116
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Summer Nerd Games  (Read 112698 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: April 18, 2013 08:22:56 PM »

Count me in!  If there isn't anyone doing a team for Mystery, I'll volunteer to captain one!  I think it will be awesome having a team than encapsulates everything unknown! UFO's, cryptozoology, Jack the Ripper, Sherlock Holmes.... oh, yeah, this is really floating my boat!  Cheesy
Team Mystery Lovers Added! Team Captain: bunny1kenobi, Geekdom: the Unknown i.e UFO's, cryptozoology, Jack the Ripper (et al), Sherlock Holmes, Scooby Doo, Nancy Drew, Stonehenge

I have been trying to shuffle thru the entire message board but I just found this today (thank you Bunny1kenobi!) and I passed that info along to Kwality570. We wanted to start a MONSTERS team. All monsters welcome, Movie monsters, Cute monsters, whatever monster madness you can think up! That is if the theme isn't already taken and if it is then I will be joining the team so Yay! still.  Wink
Team Monsters Added!  Geekdom: Monsters and Team Captains: gozer & Kwality570
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #271 on: April 18, 2013 08:23:49 PM »

Could we do a nerd games swap? Or swaps, if it's easier for teams to organise their own? Of course open to non-nerdgamers, and not compulsory for all nerdgamers - but just a nerdy swap to encourage people to show team pride and get in on a bit of inter-team unity
I'd love that!
A Nerd Games swap could definitely be a possibility.  Now do you really want them during the games, or would you like it after the games, when you are doing through withdrawl?  And I will say that if it is during the games, I would greatly appreciate another peep to organize because I think my hands will be quite full during the games.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013 08:26:01 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #272 on: April 18, 2013 09:09:53 PM »

personal swaps are always a good choice! If you craft something you are willing to part with you could always just say so in the post.
I often craft things with no intended purpose which is why I love STS so much! lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts winter Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #273 on: April 18, 2013 09:14:33 PM »

I really like the idea of offering up some of the crafting stuff in STS!  Or maybe the Sweat Shop Swaps...I also make stuff that I like and might not want to keep it for myself...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LauraM
« Reply #274 on: April 18, 2013 10:05:17 PM »

Now there are even MORE teams I want to join! Holding out a little longer before I declare my allegiance! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open for personal swaps! | http://pinterest.com/lmillerphotos/ | Ongoing ATC Swap - Crafting & Sending

If there was a patch for ATC addiction, I would probably try to decorate it and mail it to someone.
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #275 on: April 18, 2013 10:10:22 PM »

Adding in a post that an item would be up for swapping is a good idea.

Hey, just because you're on a team doesn't mean you can't craft things that fall under another team! I know I'll be doing that because I am such a broad spectrum geek!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2013 05:43:54 AM »

A post-craftalong Nerd Games Swap would be great. I've always been intimidated by the non-partnered swaps, so I'm not sure if I'd participate in any STS-type Nerd Games Swap. Though offering things up during the craftalong is cool. I know jennieingram sometimes gives away items she's made in the HPC, because she's full of awesome.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013 07:08:19 AM by Abbeeroad - Reason: craftalong, not swap » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: April 19, 2013 06:20:34 AM »

A post-craftalong Nerd Games Swap would be great. I've always been intimidated by the non-partnered swaps, so I'm not sure if I'd participate in any STS-type Nerd Games Swap. Though offering things up during the swap is cool. I know jennieingram sometimes gives away items she's made in the HPC, because she's full of awesome.  Grin

Awww, thanks Abbee!  I do give away some of the things I make for the HP Craftalong.  Sometimes I make something fun, but I just *know* it was meant to belong to someone else, so I start looking for a good home for it.  If someone pops up on the thread who seems to really like it, I pass it on.  After all, what's the point of making art, if we can't share it with the world?  And honestly, I try to take my cues from knickertwist, who does all kinds of awesome things, like leave little pieces of artwork all around her town, with notes that say "Take me home! I'm free to a good home!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #278 on: April 19, 2013 07:08:56 AM »

Inspiration is a chain reaction!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #279 on: April 19, 2013 08:00:07 AM »

personal swaps are always a good choice! If you craft something you are willing to part with you could always just say so in the post.
I often craft things with no intended purpose which is why I love STS so much! lol.

Adding in a post that an item would be up for swapping is a good idea.
You cannot add in your post about an item being up for Personal Swap.  Personal swaps aren't supported by Craftster. (bolded related text)

You are allowed to, but just as with Organized Swaps, we have to encourage you to be careful with giving your address out over the internet and please remember that neither Craftster nor the site administrators or moderators are responsible if anything happens to your package or if you do not receive a package.  No feedback is given for personal swaps, and there are no angels in cases where one partner never sends.  Personal swaps are "at your own risk." Do not advertise for personal swaps in a post. If you are available for personal swaps, please note that in your signature or indicate that in your profile. If you're interested in doing a personal swap with someone, contact them through a private message.

STS is a great idea for where to take your crafty goodness for swap. Grin  (One day I'm going to have to dive into STS...maybe this summer Cool)  Or we could have a Nerd Games raffle style swap i.e. FOC Raffle Rnd10)

Hey, just because you're on a team doesn't mean you can't craft things that fall under another team! I know I'll be doing that because I am such a broad spectrum geek!
You can create items for ANY Geekdom.  You do not have to stay just in your own Geekdom.  Also, your submission doesn't even have to be part of a Geekdom; it could be any item that fits the prompt.

A post-craftalong Nerd Games Swap would be great. I've always been intimidated by the non-partnered swaps, so I'm not sure if I'd participate in any STS-type Nerd Games Swap. Though offering things up during the craftalong is cool. I know jennieingram sometimes gives away items she's made in the HPC, because she's full of awesome.  Grin
I already have a mini Nerd Games-along in the works Cool because I know NG withdrawl will happen.

And I love that jennie is such a giving crafter.  FYI: Giveaways are completely okay since they are not a personal swap....more like a prize.  ...Speaking of prizes; I am on the hunt for prizes. Grin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013 08:00:55 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 116 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Backstage Beauty - Deborah Lippmann Mani Cam
Birchbox and InStyle: How to Get a Holiday Party Makeup Look in 10 Minutes
Birchbox and InStyle: How to Create an Indulgent Home Spa Experience
The Sweetest Scrub for Kissable Lips
Go Matte For Flawless Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...